The Best of TFW Funnies in 2008

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Fez Findie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Now, I know this may be one way or another risky a move, but I just think it'd be a neat idea to gather the most memorable stuff out of the funnies comics, like events, single occurences, character moments/debuts and so on.

Of course, I'm no expert on that list, but just thought about throwin' that idea in the air. I'm not sayin' this is the best place to put this in, and please feel free to move it wherever its most fit (maybe I should have put it in the Funnies section, though I know its strictly comics only). Anyways, This could also be a monthly/bimonthly thing or somethin', but... nah, you get the point.

If there was anythin' else, fundamentally or so, please do pardon me.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There's so much to pick from, but a 'best of' would be cool since there's so many , and this will keep us from having to browse through the duds.
    Not that there's any, it's just the Best should be rewarded in some way

Buzzbeaks will probably always be my favs since they had so much variety, and Incomplete Skywarp, but that was a while ago.
    Hav'nt been in there lately

3. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Yea, I tried something like this, which was called the Toy Awards, but it was full of mean comments and I got spam from it so much I gave up.

And I tried to move them here, but that didn't work. At all. So I give up.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I'm into this! Great idea Fez!

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

There's going to be alot of people who are going to ask why they aren't included, and it may slog down everything.

Unless you do it soley like a week by week thing, not worry about the past work.

6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    One way to approach this is to have each poster pick one or two comics that he found the funniest, and they could be reposted in this forum. But there needs to be some way to organize the results and limit them as well, I would think.

7. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Sounds like a fun idea, Fez.

I'm with Shane on people posting in with their favourite moments. But as for organizing, don't we have a poll system we can use? Or is that only for TF GD?

8. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

if you guys are gonna have 'the best of' kinda thing, you should have a 'worst of' too. i promise the latter will be HYSTERICAL.

9. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Great idea, but I agree that we'll need a polling system. How that works, I don't know..

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think this is the way to do it so no one gets left out.

Agh no. We don't want anyone being pointed out and picked on.

11. Fez Findie

Never intended anythin' like that, just wanted to make somethin' to make us remember some of the best times in the funnies section rather than doin' the things you just mentioned. :) 

One of the best entrances for a character must have been Acid Storm in Grimlock_13's comic. He's a pile of puke smarter than most people in that comic, for cryin' out loud! (not that's sayin' way much, but...)

From the same comic, ya gotta hand it down on how G13 handled the name issue with Animated Snarl :)  Friggin' fused Slag and Snarl into "Snarlag" :D 

Should image links be used?

12. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Where I’m coming from is this forum should be more community and less competition. If you guys want to do a “hey look at all this fun stuff” that's cool but I would rather it not become “*blank* and *blank* are the best and what you do if inferior.” sort of thing.

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    So, what are we doing, just taking our favorites, and putting them here? Are we doing our own comic as well?

Oh, and can we do a 'worst of' for our OWN comics? The ones WE, OURSELVES do? I've got some real stinkers for myself. It'd be nice to laugh at ourselves for once. :) 

14. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    You can pick on yourself all day if you want, I just don't want to see a group pointing out one person to tell them what there do is bad.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I love this idea and also I agree with buzzbeak it should be honoring someone not making fun of them. Also what about the serious comics?

16. Fez Findie

The "funnies" is just a term for photocomics. As long as ya feel it was great in some way and its from this section, everything goes :) 

The part with Galvatron disowning Devastator in Dilazirk's comic really hit hard, especially when people were not sure about the outcome and all that build up.

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Also G13's specialshot too

18. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Why not have a ballot assembled and agreed upon before actually voting? It's easy to remember <object 34 that happened four weeks ago> than it is to remember <really awesome object 2 that happened four months ago>.

The ballot could get the moderation stamp of approval so we won't step on toes, then we can move forward with voting in a fair way that doesn't risk a meltdown.

Just my 2 cents. While it's nice to be recognized for work done, I think I speak for the majority of comic creators in that we're rewarded by having a unique creative outlet as well forum responses that validate and help us improve that work.

19. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I think I'll just settle for this thread being the kind where everyone can go "hey, remember that one awesome strip?". No real need for a poll or someone to keep count.

Hot Rod's death scene in Warring At Play:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-funnies/159336-warring-play-135.html#post2554278
    I observed with great interest as Strarf and Roddy's relationship grew ever since they first exchanged insults, and when it dawned upon Strarf that she may never be able to see or speak to Hot Rod again, I shed a few tears.

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Best is Grimlock_13's

That's the reason I registered here *g*