The Best of Don Figueroa showed up today.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blue Meanie, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

The book includes:

War Within #1
    Armada #17
    Gen one #3
    Summer Special beast wars
    Gathering #4
    Stormbringer #3 #4
    Animated movie 1
    Prequel #2
    20th Lithograph Pencil closeups and 3 unused covers

Its basically everything you already have. I was disappointed, I wanted a lot of sketches, War Within/Stormbringer concepts and sketches, unused pencils and was basically hoping for unplubl;ished or unseen stuff. Oh well. I have to say the book is worth it though just for the Litho Closeups, large format and signed stormbringer sketch that was included. I just spotted some unseen but small War within sketches. Overall definitely worth the purchase.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I too thought it would have more sketches based on the info given in solicitations. I put it back. If they had had more sketches/ designs I would have bought it, but I had all the issues and trades of the issues, I didn't need a hardcover of stuff I already possessed.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yeah that was a bummer. The summer special also looks like it was printed from a bad photocopy. Really bad image quality. The pencils of the litho are really, really awesome. Its a shame the whole book wasn't stuff like that. Even so, huge pages of my favorite TF comics isn't so bad.

4. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I can't stand random assortments of comics that don't have anything to do with the next.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Who else here would buy a design and sketch book of Don's? Maybe if we get a thread going we can convince them it's a viable sale. Heck I'd love just a book of concepts designs from all the artists in the IDW Transformer department. I bought the G1 Cartoon design book.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

One word: Macromasters.

If it ain't in there, it's not a complete package. I loves me some Macromasters goodness from the hardest working pencil in showbiz, Mr. Don "Just cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it don't make 'em biscuits" Figueroa. :)