the best knockoff you ever bought

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by davidarruda, Aug 1, 2009.

1. davidarruda

davidarruda That one guy

i know that most knockoffs are pretty poor quality and usually fall apart, but some people buy them anyway

what is the best one you've ever bought?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I assume you mean quality, not any other metric.

I thought the Dollarama Devastator set was pretty good quality, and the knockoff cassettes of Rumble/Frenzy and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw were really good, IMO.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

four star toys... are were the best.

remolds/reworks, and even just, "based off of" toys.

fantastic g1's; heck the "starscream" remold is amazing. and all they really changed was the wings/weapons, and feet.

4. davidarruda

davidarruda That one guy

yeah, just quality.

5. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Well, the only knockoffs that I have are a KO Dev (the ever so common one from China) and a Bruticus one.

Of the two, the Dev. is the best, as the Bruticus is fairly awful. But, the individual Constructicons are not as good as the individual Combaticons, but Devastator himself is amazing, even for a KO!

6. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I got a KO Devastator (I call'em Knockoffistator) at a local comic convention, and the quality and everything is really nice on it. The Decepticon symbols aren't accurate, but that doesn't really bother me much.

7. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

The ko dinobots I have are all very nice except for Slag, who's missing fist holes for his sword. Also, the Reflector I have is very high quality.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    A Chinese mini version of BW Ultra Gorilla OP. The beast head doesn't flip, but it came with a mace/handle (you provide the string). I painted the details show accurate. Soon as i unearth it, i'll take pics and put em here. it is AWESOME™. The legs pop off a LITTLE easier than i'd like but that's no big deal. Excellent quality.

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I love my Prehistory Slag & Grimlock. Four Star stuff is always good too though

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a KO Ravage/Rumble I purchased from Ebay. The seller admitted to me it is a KO before I bidded on it. It looks fine to me and I don't regret it.

11. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

g2 knock off Devastator. only problem i had so far is that mixmasters head broke off and bonecrushers pelvis pin snapped in half.

12. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    A lot of the vintage knockoff stuff is of better quality than the newer knockoff stuff. Fourstar redentions are always great. I have had many many knockoffs that quality wise were on par with hasbro but in wild colors or remolds. You think getting all the hasbro transformers would be tough, try collecting all the knockoffs!!! Talk about impossible!

13. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely agree that the vintage KOs are better. that G3 Inferno you sent me is awesome man!.......except for the fact that he came with 2 right fists. lol still an awesome find

14. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mirage for me. I was so pleased with quality of my KO Mirage that I got rid of my NM/M original. I like the tampos instead of the stickers and the KO had those. Great figure.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Either my Testron Liokaiser, or my Excaesar Ultra Raker. They're both almost as good as the real thing.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Cheap KO Bruticus for two reasons. It is the only KO I have bought ($4), and it came with a gang of weapons that I was able to use for Classics Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, and Hound (even though I had to paint a couple of them). I think I eventually threw out the figure cause it was garbage.

17. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. I got a Skygarry KO from TRU when I was a kid and that thing was just as good as any of my other TFs. Only problem was the head broke off, though that was more than likely my fault :lol 

And to answer the question, Skygarry was definitely the best I've ever had. My brother and I each had one.

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

The only one I purchased so far--- Mirage. Only because I read reviews and saw videos of how good it was.

So far, it seems with every other knock off, there's something that bothers me. Dinobots look like crap and have a light grey tint, Wheeljack's paint chips....etc, etc. Until another good one comes along, I'll be buying originals.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming Sunstreaker though :popcorn 

19. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I have a green chinese ko devastator and another multi colored ko devy, plus a ko superion, defensor, 2/3 ko menasor and 1/3 ko computron. plus a ko abominus mosc. of all the green devy is my favorite, great quality, just some messed up decepticon symbols like deltaprime said

20. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    i don't buy knock off's but i am tempted to get one if a figure i want is no longer on sale to make way for the new stuff.