The Best Final Battle

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave47, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Beast machines. After beast wars and beast machines, 5 seasons of waiting we finally got the big showdown fight between bw megs and primal. It was an all out fight that at the time made me all gliggly.

2. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

By far, Armada. Pure ponitless violence. Prime broke off Galvatron's horns and used them as swords. Wonderful battle.

Energon had a pretty good battle between the two on Jungle planet toward the end of the series. there was a lot of non-CGI in the battle though.

Cybertron..................Too many interuptions in the battle, the whole jungle planet off corse thing kinda ruined it for me. but it was cool when prime stabbed galvatron in the chest. But they "gayed it up" when galvatron "evaporated".

3. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Gotta agree with all those saying Beast Machines.
    Primal and Megatron are idealogically opposed they spend as much time discussion philosophy as fighting throught the series, and it comes to a climax in the finale.

Literally all or nothing stakes.

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Cyb doesn't have a chance. I'll say G1 'cause I am a die hard, but Armada is a super close 2nd.

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I'm going to agree with those who say BM. It was huge, large chunks of city destroyed in a massive final battle that ends up destroying both. Also the only time writers have had the guts to kill an Optimus and keep him dead.

Armada is second and at a very close third the movie.

I'd say fourth is tied between Cybertron and Energon. Cybertron was dramatic enough but there's far too much running at each other and not enough all out brawling. Energon had of course the cool 2D showdown between giant Galvatron and Giant Optimus Supreme. But I think I liked the battle with unicron a bit more.

6. southpawdragon

southpawdragon Broken Rythm

don't have an opinion yet.. I still have to watch this and let it settle.. Thanks for posting this !!:) 

7. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    The TFTM battle by a mile. It was brutal and for keeps, besides I really wonder where the TFs in the later series learned all of those nice martial arts?

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The martial-arts bits are pushing it a bit, but I still have to say that the first half of the Armada fight was awesome and brutal in the best kind of way. I loved it. I'd never seen it before... pretty impressive.

zmog

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go for Armada, too. The dialogue in Micron Legend was better, I believe, but Armada version was great, too.

10. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Armada and BM both had huge final battles, but Armada was way more brutal. Plus the way the BM battle ended made no sense ... hey Megs, see those wings on your shoulders? Try USING them!

Of course, Armada's final battle was one of maybe four moments actually worth seeing in the entire series. Most sane people would run for the hills before making it that far.

-XCN-

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Although, I do reckon Cybertron's finale was pretty cool as well :D 

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The G1 Movie for me as it was more realistic. Armada while cool was abit too draggy for me.

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I also think in Cy..they talked too much.
    "No one cares about you Megatron!" Lame.

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Armada - the rest of the series may have blowed big chunks, but it was worth sitting through for that brutal finale - movie-inspired, I think.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, I the dialogue was er, lame IMO but I must admit the scene of Optimus and Meg's final clash was kind of cool!

16. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say the movie fight. Of course, I haven't watched many of the other TF shows, so, I've not developed any sense of how climactic those battle scenes were, compared to the rest of the series.

17. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I've yet to see the Armada one, but it definitely sounds good.:D  But, so far I also would go with the BM one for the dash of irony added to the fight.:) 

18. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I vote for the movie fight if for no other reason than I have more emotional attachment to that fight.

In regards to the others I didn't follow Armada enough to care and Cybertron's seemed like too much of the same thing that was seen throughout the show to be special.

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    In terms of sheer violence and quality of animation, I give Armada the crown. Unicron feeding off hate and shutting down because the TFs stopped fighting was lame, though. I DID like Unicron/Sideway's line in Prime's head that Prime loved the smell of battle.

Energon's Primes Vs Megs fights were terrible. In fact, the only good fight scene in that show (that didn't use any anime stock-footage gimmicks at all) was when Megatron emerged from his Armada corpse to tear Scorponok apart.

Cybertron just resorts to far too many kids anime cliches - stock footage, speed lines to save on actually drawing, running into each other and hitting fists to CAUSE A HUGE EXPLOSION ect. Plus the final battle was repeatedly cut into with the 'Our Friendship and Burning Justice will Save the Day' storyline of them all pushing that rocket enging. How about just shutting down the engine and fix it at the same time? You'd save yourself alot of trouble.
    AND Prime keeps getting beat up and deactivated, only to reactivate because Galvatron said something about killing his friends which pisses him off, only to be deactivated or almost defeated again, until Galvatron says says something blah blah blah. Repetitive and boring, much like most of Cybertron/Galaxy Force itself.

20. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

First time I have seen that armada ending, it was surprisingly good. I tried desperately to watch armada when it first came on, but the series was such absolute garbage I didnt make it past like the 10th episode or so. Its hard to believe that battle was from the same horrible series I was watching.

Personally however my favorite battles between megs and prime all occurred during G1 season 1, lots of good fights throughout the season with my favorite probably being prime throwing the oil tanker at megatron in "plague of insecticons".