The Best Director for Tf3 (if not Bay)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I would like Bay to finish the series, but if doesn't, there is only 1 person I think that would be available that I would want to direct. Not Snyder, I don't want even more slow mo beatdowns. Not Chris Nolan, cause it won't happen. Not Ridley Scott or James Cameron, cause I think they will make it too complicated. When I say this, think about. Really think.

Tom Hanks. Yep Tom Hanks. He has directing experience, including the excellent mini series, Band of Brothers. He's a huge TF fan. He's one of the best actors of his generation. He would treat the material with respect, assemble a great script, and probably share the directors chair in hopes of creating a great movie with great action.

I think he's the only big name I wouldn't mind if they fired Bay for.

2. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Now that you're thinking of directors who don't do special effects driven movies, I can think of Brian DePalma

I love those unusually long steadicam takes

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

My choice IS Ridley Scott much to your cringe. He's another master of the action genre. Personally, I think he's an even better choice than Bay. He gave us the Sci-fi classic Blade Runner, the character development of Gladiator, and the military action of Black Hawk Down. He has aspects of directing down to a tee, and I think he'll recongize just who the target audience of the franchise actually is, so it won't be overly complicated.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there IS a thread for this already come on people!

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Got agree it would be a good choice. Enough experience with war themes to turn it into something with more an Autobot squad and team feel. That connection between Autobots we seem to be rather missing.

The guy has stack of those little gold guys to show he knows a thing or two about character.

Plus it's Tom Hanks, he's such a nice guy it would hard for anyone to hate him.

6. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Some random 13 year old. Anyone else would might make a really great movie and it would seem out of place.