The Batman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Starscream, May 5, 2007.

1. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I really haven't watched it in a while. Last I saw he was all alone with Alfred and very different takes on his rogues gallery (Joker really looking like a circus clown, Freeze a thug instead of a doomed scientist). Last week I watched it and now he's got Robin & Batgirl and J'onn J'onzz made his first appearance. This week was the end of the two parter where Batman stops an alien invasion at the last minute with help from his partners and Manhunter. Then at the end of this week's episode Martian Manhunter asks him to join a group he has just formed. After a quick teleport to his new base, we see the Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Hal?), and Hawkman.

So I guess the Justice League isn't quite so gone after all. :) 

Also, The Batman version of the Watchtower looks like the ol' Hall of Justice on an asteroid with a satellite jutting out from below.

So has anyone else been watching this?

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I saw this too, it was really cool. It'd be cool if they make a JL based off of this version of Batman.

3. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

i have only been able to watch it from the box sets and from youtube. youtube is a bit iffy on specific "the Batman" episodes. I have season 1-3, 3 being where they introduced batgirl. I like the series, makes me wish i had gotten cable sometimes :D 

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I was totally confused on the logic behind having Hal Jordan in the Justice League. They canceled all the good DC shows because they didn't want "children" to confuse characters within different continuities, then what do they do? They ditch Stewart for Jordan. If a kid watched JLU wouldn't he be confused by there being a white Green Lantern in The Batman? FUCK Warner Brothers.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Damn man, It is the Green Lantern Corps afterall.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll have to check this out now.

7. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Man, I haven't watch Batman in years. The closet thing to it was JL and that was last year.

BTW, anyone watch that movie length Batman with that Phantom person? It's years old, but damn it was awesome.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Do you mean Mask of the Phantasm? That was produced as a part of the original animated series, and yeah, it rocked on so many levels. The other two, Sub Zero and Mystery of the Batwoman are alright as well, but nothing beats Mask.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get what you mean but the writers can always come up with the excuse that its a "different" universe.

As for Batman movie cartoons...I would also recommend Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker. One of the more impressive cartoons I've ever watched.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I don't see how. The Batman is established as it's own universe. Kids won't be confused. Besides, I'm glad they switched to a different Lantern. Stewart was good in JLU, but he wasn't really a great GL. Hal and Kyle are far more interesting characters.

The Batman vs. Dracula was a pretty good movie. Vampire Joker was great. I also thought it was cool that they let Dracula totally beat Batman's ass. It's not often you see Batman so completely outclassed.