The batman

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lumpy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone collect this line? i personally love these new designs and think they rock...i just wish they would release more villians....i want ragdoll, The kabuki twins (the penguins girls), punch and judy (jokers goons), harley quinn, clayface 2, black mask, everywhere man, hugo strange, solomon grundy, maybe even tony zucco and rubert thorne too...

only ones out right now that i need to get are robin and catwoman....if i remember everything ive seen....

oh, maybe killer moth....he's so lame, but so great at the same time...though id love to have him premutated....that'd be hilarious...

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

The only thing I hate about these new line is they make every possible color and suit combination for Bats except his original outfit? I think the line is nice and love the Show but give me a regular figure with the Batman outfit. Not one with a sonic punch or something along those lines.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i hear that...they do have one regular version, but i cant remember what its called...i bought one way back when and he's got a grappling hook attached to his arm...i think im gonna hang him from my rear view mirror....

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've picked up a few over the past years...mostly villians though. I too have that "regular" Batman, but my favorite is the bandaged version that came in the Target exclusive 2 pk vs. either bane or the Penguin.

I also have the Campbell's Soup exclusive mail-away camo figure. Figure is OK, but the packaging is awesome, esp. for a mail in figure. Is outer box looks like a Campbell's Soup can!

Killer Moth was recently made for the new The Batman series of toys. I've only seen him one though...should've bought 'em when I had the chance.

So far I've only bought a few figures though with my favorite being the first Mr. Freeze and maybe Scarface.

5. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Let's see some pics of that one already!

6. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sort of regretting not getting the 3 packs when they were on clearance at Target. Ivy and Scarface would have been nice to have. Right now I have Robin, Batgirl, Freeze, and Firefly. Still no Batman yet. I guess I figure I'll get one in some multipack or something later.

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i got the 6 pack of figures from TRU, that had scarface and poison ivy...and for only 499....it had a clearance tag on it...but wasnt supposed to....but they gave it to me for that price...and then i put the clayface, riddler mr freeze and batman for sale at my store, and sold the 3 villians the same day....made my money back so in essence i paid nothing for those 2 exculsives....

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't "collect" the line, but my son has several of the figures.

There have been several iterations of Batman in his normal outfit.
    The first one had a zip line built into his arm.
    Subsequent figures had some type of giant "Bat-gadget" but the colors were correct on the figure.

There was even one where he had the grey suit, but the cape and cowl were dark blue like in the classic comics.

Every Batman line has suffered from a million different variations of Batman, but I think this one has done an impressive Rogue's Gallery.

The Joker (Several Versions)
    The Penguin
    Killer Croc
    Bane
    Tremblor
    GearHead
    Firefly
    Killer Moth
    Man-bat
    The Riddler
    Clayface
    Scarface and the Ventriliquist.
    Mr. Freeze

I understand the series has been renewed for a fifth series so its likely that there will be reissues of these figures and possibly some new ones.

I would like to add my wishlist figures of Dracula, Vampire Joker, and future Batman from "Artifacts". That was Frank Miller spot on DKR Batman.

Also, if you collect the line and you don't have Man-bat, shame on you.
    That is the coolest figure IMO.

9. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only have Batgirl.

10. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of my collectibles are currently in storage while our new house is being built...so I can't post a pic right now. After I get settled I'll see about posting one though....

EDIT - Found a pic on-line
    [​IMG]

11. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

all i have is what has to be the original suit. black and grey and 2 batgirls. the purple outfit that they pulled or whatever they did with her. I would like to find a robin though.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    so, does anyone have the SDCC catwoman figure? i've been looking on ebay and there's like a ton of different versions, but the paint on catwoman seems to be the same, just different idol figures...does anyone know for sure about this?

and on a side note, i need to find hal and the flash still...

13. bigkid24

News Credits:
    Yeah I have a couple of them still. There were 9 different idols for the 9 lives of cats. There is a solid gold one that is the most rare, then I think the one that looks like a lion is the 2nd most rare. Then the others including a pink flocked one, black, and I think a stars and stripes one are pretty much even in rarity.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Yeah, the difference is the idol color, not Catwoman herself. There's also a Selina Kyle figure that was released at retail - with a clear green idol, too - but with a maskless head sculpt.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This toyline has the worst distribution ever. Never once saw a GL or Hawkman on the pegs. Another bang up job by Mattel.

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i never saw the selina kyle, thought about it on ebay, but most of the SDCC catwoman figures are in the 20 bucks range, and a few with free shipping, so i was thinking about just buying one of those an opening it...instead of trying to track down a selina....

and cataclizm, i totally understand...i found martian manhunter and hal once...and gave hal to a friend who's the biggest GL freak i know...still hoping to find flash and hal and maybe even superman...doubt i'll get hawkman though....

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

That's probably a good idea, if you can find one that cheap. Beats paying that much for a retail figure.

I'd actually seen Hal in person, but only once, and it was a Saturday before I saw that you were in need of one. :lol  I don't know if he's still around, but I've seen Superman a few times, in both the normal and two-pack version. Pretty sure I've never seen the other League guys.

18. bigkid24

News Credits:
    I think the Selina was a Diamond/Previews exclusive. They also had a purple catwoman in a 4 pack. You may want to track that 4 pack down because it'll probably be the same price as getting the SDCC one.

I've seen Superman and Flash the most but no GL or Hawkman ever. Have they stopped shipping that way already?

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i've seen the catwoman 6 pack...but she's green...and thats a big ugly turnoff for me...and i hope that the toys are still shipping, though on of my local targets is still so swamped with pre shadowtek stuff that i'll probably never see anything there...

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never got into "The Batman"- was a fan of Batman: the Animated Series.
    was really disappointed with 900 variants of Bats and no real villains.
    had to buy a Rogues Gallery set to catch up on villains.
    Tremblor
    GearHead
    Firefly
    Killer Moth

i would kill to have those figures to round out my BTAS set- as well as a comissioner gordon.
    Firefly woulda been awesome.