"The Batman" Season premier: Did you watch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gears, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't usually watch this show but I was intrigued by Superman and the Justice League appearing this season. Well I saw the premier and it was pretty cool! Plus this episode had the return of George Newburn as Superman, Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor and Dana Delany as Lois from the JLU show! Oh how I've missed hearing their voices. Lois was a little too skinny IMO, but I thought the animated renditions of Supes and Luthor were very nice. This season should be awesome!

2. cypher

cypher . . . . .

I concur. The new "animated" style of The Batman has finally grown on me. To be honest though, I'm more interested in the new season of Legion of Superheros. That show is HAWT!

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haven't watched it yet but I will

4. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Superman looked very awesome in that style. And that brunette Mercy, mrowr! But yeah, it was pretty awesome. And from the interviews it sounds like this year will be very good.

The clone Superman in Legion was pretty cool too, looking forward to the Men of Steel meeting next week.

5. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    they interupted the batman with ACC football, so i didn't get a chance, but i definitely am going to watch it

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm the same, I usually don't watch it, but I saw last weeks ep with Martian Manhunter and Batman being inducted into the JL. Yesterday's ep with superman was really good too. Should be a good season.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hate D.C. comics except watchmen,batman,and the green lanter sorta not a huge fan of him

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Watched both and both were awesome. It was definitely nice to hear the JLU voices for Supes, Lois and Lex.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Very happy on the turnaround of these two shows to something great.

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Missed it, wanted to see it though. I think I've finally warmed up to The Batman. It's kinda cool in its own way. Especially now with the direction its going.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked it. Good looks for Supes, Metallo, etc. Lois was too skinny though.

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I'm sorry, I just don't see the point of posting this kind of thing at all...

I've been getting into the show so I missed the premiere. I'll catch it on youtube of something soon enough though.

13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    The Batman seems to get better each season, (at least the last two). Hearing Newburn, Delany and Brown again was great, especially after missing them in the Superman: Doomsday movie. I really liked the Superman design and the story was pretty damn good. Of course with Alan Burnett as the writer, that was no surprise. The "identity check" was new but reminiscent of the Superman/Batman World's Finest movie.

The only thing I didn't like, was Mercy's design. She looked like she should have been Talia.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I really liked it. The design and personality of Superman was really cool. I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of Batman being warmer and more conversational than he has been in the past. But with the events of last season in his mind, it makes sense.

Also, the Superman X from Legion kicks serious ass!

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I like the series, and I watched the first half of the Superman episode

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I like it the episode even though I was disappointed cause I was expecting Green Lantern and got Supes instead. Oh well, got a whole season to watch.

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Just finished watching the episode a little bit ago. Very good. Can't wait for next week.

18. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I liked the premiere episode. This show has been getting better and better with each new season. It was great hearing Newbern, Delany and Brown again. I didn't like how Batman learned Superman's identity. Instead of using his detective skills, he uses his conveniently handy special space satellite and then just interprets the data. Other than that, I really liked it and am really excited for the rest of the season, especially seeing Hal Jordan Green Lantern for a change.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched both premiere episodes earlier today and enjoyed them; both shows are definitely improving substantially. My only gripes about the Legion are that the Brainiac/Superman X clashing felt a little forced and that Imperiex went down fairly easily...surely someone should have figured out his weakness before now? The Batman was good and I thought the introduction of Superman, Luthor and the rest of that cast was handled well. However, I'd really like to see a moratorium on use of the "Superman gets mind-controlled" plot.

He had to use his detective skills to figure out that Superman could be easily tracked via his supersonic flights...and 'interpreting data' is exactly what a detective does. Even with the information from the satellite, Batman would have needed to use his detective skills to figure out which of the residents/employees of the two buildings was actually Superman. This happened off-screen, granted, but still would have required some sleuthing. I like that it was actually a bit more involved than the old DCAU, where he just slapped a tracking device on Superman and followed him home.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    For the first three months that The Batman was on, I hated it.

I think that Batman TAS is the single greatest cartoon ever and the series did not need a reboot. But, I warmed to the new series when I saw the first episode with Catwoman. I am glad I did -this is a GREAT show.

I have really enjoyed watching Batman go from being a vigilante hunted by the police to the competent character he is now. My only complaint is that they spent nearly an entire season developing his relationship with Ellen Ying and then BAM! she is gone from the series witnout a single mention.

Both this show and Legion started out very strong this year. Great stuff.

It's funny now when I watch the original series I take note of every single time they call him "The Batman". :)