The baseball hall of fame calls.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grimlock1972, Jan 5, 2011.

1. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
  2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope Alomar goes in as a Jay, as he was instrumental during their success during the early-mid 90s.

3. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Alomar is a definite yes for me, but Blyleven, no.

I also think Bagwell, Walker, and Morris should be in. Morris especially made more of an impact in his era.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the 'roid gang shouldn't be allowed in, and the danger of that is the few damn good players that kept clean may be overlooked.

Bagwell may be the first real casualty of this. I do hope he gets in. he has solid numbers.

the only player i want to see in the Hall one day is Pete Rose. his record stands tall enough to allow it. he was a bonehead for betting on the game and i think he got punished for it.
    but he's being eternally punished for something that never influenced the game or any game's outcomes. he didn't unbalance the league or skew records by what he did. unlike Big Mac, Sosa, Camseco, et al.

i think they should take Ken Burn's advice- wait till Pete is gone and then put him posthumously in the Hall so he doesn't reap any undue reward from it.

will say that the next 20 years' worth of voting for Cooperstown will be some high drama and worth watching.

5. grimlock1972

News Credits:

I agree and if there is any justice in this world Mcguire, Clemmons, and Sosa and the rest of the roid users won't get in until after Pete Rose is allowed in. As for Bagwell I believe he is and always was clean but the era he played it casts its doubt on everyone.

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Those guys will NEVER be in. And why is Sammy Sosa white now?

7. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Thats exactly my point if Rose doesn't ever get in then those guys definitely don't need to be getting in. and as for Sosa's skin tone i got no clue