The bad thing about the Classics...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    ...is that they've never made my original G1 bots look more shitty as they do now in comparison... and that's one "bad" thing I couldn't be more happy about!

:rock 

Between them and the Alternators, many of my G1's have suddenly started to look like Go-Bots, hehe.

That is all :D 

2. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Oh well. they make 20 year old toys look bad, Im sure modern computers do that to computers of the 50s too.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think that this is a good thing. I hate the old G1 bricks that many cling on to like they're life savers. The Classics line is going to be awesome. Peace out.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If it's taken this long for your G1 toys to look like crappy, unarticulated bricks, then you've made it a lot longer than most of us.

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

My only gripe (so far (besides megatron's colors)) is that starscream could have been an inch or two taller and bumblebee an inch shorter.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only gripe is that they're not out yet.

7. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

thats what i was gonna say:) )

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Me too..... and maybe that there aren't enough of them confirmed to still be in the works.

9. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I am happy that the Classics line will be retakes of some of our old favorites (so come on get here already and fulfill my damn preorder). Does this mean I like my G1 figures less? No. I still consider them to be good figures but in a more vintage sense. Simply because something is old and doesn't stand up to the new doesn't mean it necessarily sucks. For instance, the Ford Model T can't possibly compare to a modern day Honda Civic. Does this mean that the Ford Model T is a piece of crap? No, many consider it a classic. It can't perform the way a modern car can, but it did pave the way so that more modern cars like the Civic could be built today and that is how I think of the G1 line.

Are they the best figures ever made? No, technological advancement and evolution tend to happen in 22 years (just like the Model T to the Civic). Masterpiece, RiD, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Energon, some Armada Figures, Binaltech/Alternators, Classics, even some of the Titaniums are far more articulate; however, without the G1 line, I seriously doubt we would have these amazing figures today. Despite Beast Wars' popularity, I don't even know if they would have made that fantastic show if G1 fell flat on its face. Since that didn't happen (referring to G1 not falling flat on its face), we may never know for sure. The G1 line broke a lot of ground both in mythos and toys and most importantly, in making money and paved a lot of the way for more and better TFs to come. Back in 1984, a lot of the kids I knew thought they rawked a lot and simply because it is 22 years later doesn't mean the toys suck. Not bad for a bunch of toys that were designed 22+ (some as many as 30 from what I understand) years ago with different design criteria.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Wow. Seriously... wow.

I can't believe any of you didn't realize the whole point of my post was actually a COMPLIMENT to how great the Classics are, hence the second line "And that's one "bad" thing I couldn't be more happy about!".

Do people actually READ this board, or just randomly post replies when a new thread is started? Sheesh.

I went back and added smilies so even more people don't completely miss the point.

:banghead: 

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I would say my biggest problem is that the line is so short, I really want a lot more toys brought in, different size class’s limited re doing of some of the weaker gimmicks from G1 to give certain character there due.

I'm not being negative just greedy, what we're getting is amazing, I just want more.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I for one was just saying that I like how bad the Classics are making all G1 toys look. I was just stating my own opinion on this topic. Peace out.

13. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I was stating that I liked the Classics and that the newest toyline usually makes the older toyline look bad. I then stated how I wouldn't start thinking of my G1s as crappy since the new toys are improved. I knew you were complimenting the Classics line and so was I, so I fail to see what's the matter.

14. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i was complimenting em too lol..... i just was stating it didnt take the badassery of the new toys to show me the lack of non brickness n G1

15. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Enough with the "Peace Out". For the love of pete.

16. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Classics are definately badass. I would have liked to see the minibots done in scout size rather than deluxe.

17. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Nothing will ever make G1s look bad. Respect your roots!!

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not forcing you to read what I say, got it. Peace out.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My G1 is still cherry. (I'm white & nerdy) I was in my 20's when I started collecting. I love the Classics, but G1 still stands on my shelves proudly as the origin to all that have followed. I also don't buy the "brick" description. Even most of the Beasts are "bricks" in Beast mode. These Transformers were the best for their day and age. Never will they be confused with or compared to the original Gobots. G1 really cannot be compared fairly with the Classics either as the Classics have a twenty-year-plus jump on them in terms of technology. G1 will never look bad to me.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only bad thing about Classics for me is what it's going to do to my wallet...:lol