The Back To The Future Game Official Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Pepsiman98, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

Figured I'd start one of these. :D  Got the game today, and I love it! The writing makes it feel just like the films, which really got me hooked. The plot is that it's 6 months after the end of part III, and Doc's gone missing. Marty has to deal with the stress of his best friend not being there and the bank is selling Doc's stuff. The DeLorean suddenly returns via Automatic Return System. Einstein came back, but Doc's nowhere to be seen. He left a recording telling Marty he's in trouble. Now Marty has to go back to 1931 to save Doc from being gunned down by gangsters. The guy they got to do Marty sounds exactly like Michael J. Fox, and I'm really glad they got Christopher Lloyd to reprise his role as Doc Brown. My only real gripe with it was that there was a fixed camera. I't dosen't affect the impression of the game overall, but a free camera would have been nicer. It starts off kinda cinematic, like they would have made a fourth movie if they could, but it gets more gameplay focused towards the end. The gameplay was a combination of point-and-click and a normal game, which was a nice touch. The plot was interesting, and most cetainly intertaining enough to keep me interested. I give it 88 out of 5 stars. Great Scott! I almost forgot, I'm starting a discussion thread! Feel free to talk about and give your opinions on the game here. :thumbs2: 

2. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I heart Back to the Future, and I loves me some TellTale adventure games.

So why do I still feel hesitant to commit to this game?...

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want to play this, but I'm holding out for the PS3 release. Do you get to actually drive the DeLorian?

4. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

[​IMG]

Not yet, but maybe in later episodes. The closest we'll get right now is when someone ports the maps and models to Garry's Mod.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    What systems is it on?

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I never got past the cafe :( 

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Wonder if it'll come to the Xbox.

8. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Got the game on steam. the game is AWESOME and I love the explanation for the DeLorean returning :D  I really, really can't wait for the next chapter to come out. I've played through it maybe 4 times already...

It's doubtful the game will come to X-Box anytime soon as TellTale has had some issues getting their games released on Live Arcade in the past... which sucks since I was really looking forward to getting this on the 360.

9. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ah. Right.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    But the DeLorean was destroyed? When did Doc build a new one?

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    mmm...cant wait to get this on the PS3

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    COOL! First episode download for free. Yesss! Watched the trailer and behind the scenes. I nearly had to cry, this is so wonderful! :) 

13. Groundsplitter

Groundsplitter Decepticon

He didn't. Or at least he claims that he didn't. Doc's explanation is that
    the lightning that hit the DeLorean near the end of the second movie created a "temporal duplicate" that was thrown 70 years into the future (i.e. to the year 2025), where Doc eventually retrieved it before Griff used it to alter time. (why 70 years? Because it mirrors how the lightning sent the primary version of the car 70 years into the past, to 1885)
    That explanation is a bit contrived in my opinion. I would actually have prefered if Doc had built another one just for sentimental reasons, or because he realized that the time-travelling train is too cumbersome to use efficiently. However, the original BTTF trilogy's producer Bob Gale is assisting TellTale Games in developing the story for the game, so we can assume that he is okay with the above explanation - he may even have come up with it himself.

14. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See though, I was under the impression that the only reason he had built a time traveling train was purely for the reason of visiting Marty and telling him he was okay and hadn't died when the train crashed in 1885.
    And the "nope, already been there" line about visiting the future was an indication that he had simply planned to just go back and settle in with his family - and drop the whole time traveling thing altogether. He had said several times he wanted to destroy the DeLorian because time travel was much too dangerous.

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    that was before he built a flying train tho :p 

16. Groundsplitter

Regardless of the explanation for the DeLorean's reappearance, evidently Doc has changed his mind about quitting the time-travelling business. Perhaps because his family took an active interest in it:
    From Doc's perspective, a significant amount of time has passed since the end of BTTF 3. His two sons are old enough to start studying at the university soon, and apparently Doc and Clara has been discussing which time period would be best - Doc would prefer a university in the 1970's, while Clara argues for a university in the 2020's.
    Those details (probably) aren't relevant for the game's story, but it shows that enough time has passed for Doc to reevaluate his earlier decision. As for the whereabouts of the train by the way, apparently Clara is using it.

17. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

i'm thinking of buying it but i do have one q, when you buy it, do you have to pay for the other episodes in the game? or is it all included and you just have to wait?

my biggest prob right now is the fact that the only computer i have that i could play it on(prob since i haven't seen any system reqirements yet), would be my wife's laptop, and i hate asking her for her laptop just to play a game.

18. Groundsplitter

It's a package price, $24.95, for all five episodes. First episode was released last week, the rest will be released monthly in February–May.
    For some of their earlier games TellTale Games have released the individual episodes separately at a lower cost (around $8-9), but it doesn't look like that will be an option for BTTF.

19. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Will wii be able to play it?

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    it just occured to me: flying train...astrotrain!