The Average TF fan Stereotype?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by transgeek2345, Oct 30, 2011.

1. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

Alright.....I am a 15 year old Sophmore who is currently taking AP courses passing all classes with a GPA of 3.5 and higher and I am very fit and athletic....at school I am very social with everyone and many people know my hobby is Transformers (I wouldn't say I'm popular but a lot of people like to chat with me in a good way)....but there is always that one new kid who comes and once he found out I liked transformers he thought I was the AVERAGE nerd (pretty much saying I was weak and all that junk)...so I kinda challenged him in Basketball and I tore him up...:) ...so now he don't talk smack like that no more.

How about you guys?...any of you suffer from the 'Forever Alone' Trend (its sad to say it like that but when your outcasted from a group that doesn't find something interesting that's how its gonna be put)

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do but that's before I revealed my hobby and TFs add "alone points" it seems but I don't care.

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    My friends and my girlfriend are supportive of my interest, and that's all that matters to me. My girlfriend even calls me "Her Nerd":eek: 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Average Joes that buy robot toys.

Honestly it's not like Star Wars or Star Trek were we've dominated geekdom. We are a young species.

Also almost all average people love the movies.

5. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

My best friend is extremely stereotypical about 'Nerds'. She thinks that a Nerd is someone that has to be fat, wears oversized glasses and collects action figures. I irritates me to death.

Not many people know I love Transformers, mostly because I don't want to deal with and crap I would get from it.

6. transgeek2345

:p 

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  7. transgeek2345

Well its alright....do good in school bro and you'll be all good trust

8. transgeek2345

That's nice....wish my ex was supportive of my hobby at the time....-_-..b*tch

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. All my friends know I collect Transformers and don't really have anything to say about it.

10. transgeek2345

Give me your friends Number I could probably change her POV on Transfans ;) ...jk haha....well its understandable if you aren't very open with your hobby....me I was raised to love what you do and not let peoples opinions bother me much...besides...if they wanna challenge me I accept it ;) 

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I used to get so much crap for collecting toys and being hella fat back in the day, and it pissed me the hell off. I don't get that anymore mostly because I'm not in school anymore, and also not a total fatass, and my friends that I still talk to don't think much of my collecting.

12. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    you only are "forever alone" if you let that happen. and that only happens if your completely 1 dimensional with 1 hobby and there is nothing else to you.

most of my hobbies do fall into the nerd catagory ... however i do enjoy working out, and keeping self on a .... fairly consistant diet. all i have to say about my working out is "little man chip" ... that should say it all ...

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Don't worry about the forever alone part. Sometimes non geek people find geeks the most intresting type of people on Earth! A funny thing is even though the Transformers fandom is young compared to fanbases like Star Wars and Star Trek ,the Kaiju fanbase is argubly the oldest breed of Sci-Fi fans ever devloped even before Star wars and Star Trek came to be!

14. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am a huge nerd, both academically (I take multiple AP classes, have all As most of the time, do all my homework, and did pretty well on the SAT and ACT) and in terms of my hobbies (aside from TFs, I play video games sometimes (especially Minecraft), like making stop-motion movies, build with Legos, and like things like Star Wars, Start Trek, Mythbusters, and comic book movies). I don't have many friends, but all my friends and the people with whom I associate/feel most comfortable are nerds/geeks (I even wrote a college essay about being a geek). My having few friends is due to me being somewhat paranoid, rather shy, very awkward, and possibly having social anxiety disorder, not due to being a nerd. There are tons of nerds/geeks in my school, many of whom are very social people. I don't really look much like the stereotypical nerd/geek (nor do most of the other nerds/geeks at my school), being really thin, but I'm not at all athletic.

15. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Ive still got a large group of friends but that doesn't stop them being turds about it every now and again (and right now)

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hate to say this, but, back in school, I was a lot like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory A's on every test and all homework, but I suffered from severe General Anxiety Disorder, which wasn't diagnosed until a year ago (I'm 36 now) and I couldn't even begin to tell you how to play any kind of sport, so I spent my free time when I wasn't reading collecting action figures and models. However, in recent years I've become more social, thanks to counselling and medication, and mostly my wife.

17. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Oh yes i forgot tosay i have aspergers syndrom which kinda made it hard to be social before i was diagnosed. But now i have friends im a dumbass

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to be heavier and shy, but now I'm slimmer and shy :lol 

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Shy - Oh dam yes.

Fat - Used to be, now I´m normal

Nerdy - I like sci fi

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    just go to a convention and you will see all the ppl. Some are scary, some are fun, and some are just WTF.