The Avengers *spoiler alert*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, May 5, 2008.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Well for those who sat through the credits through ironman we saw nick fury talk about the avengers(which was very cool)so me and a bud of mine were talking about who whould be in the avengers(characters like captain america etc.)will it seems like ironman,hulk,thor,and captain america are a part of it(heres a link if you need it http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7165) so I was wondering who you would think would be in it too I have a feeling either wolverine or spider-man are just gonna be tossed in there just because there so popular. I can see them adding beast just because hes a part of government and stuff and ant-man looks like he got the boot(thank goodness) and I would like to see the black panther and/or the falcon apart of it.What do you think?

2. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i'd actually prefer they didn't put wolverine and spider-man in since 1) they weren't part of the Avengers at first (wolverine actually joined the New Avengers) 2) too many people makes for a cluttered movie and there's gonna be at least 4 characters to focus on already 3) plus since they're already so big people will want the focus to be on them, so that means Avengers would turn into Wolverine 4

line-up i'd like to see: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFT. Wolverine is overused in every medium he appears in. What a attention whore.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Ant Man's getting his own movie.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

It's my understanding that Spider-Man and Wolverine couldn't be in it b/c Sony/Columbia and Fox respectively still own the movie rights. A certain amount of time has to pass without the studio making another movie before they revert back to the newfound Marvel Studios. Given the success of the Spidey and X-men franchises, I don't see that happening.

Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man and Nick Fury movies are supposedly in the works. It's a fair bet that should they all get made, there will be cameos and/or name-drops sprinkled through all of them, and all of them would make the leap to an Avengers movie along with IM and Hulk. Janet/Wasp would likely be in Ant-Man. If it were up to me, I'd make Black Widow and maybe Hawkeye a big part of the Fury movie, and then all the pieces are in place. Anybody else can wait until the sequels.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'd really like to see Hawkeye.

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the lineup will be:

Thor, Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, Nick Fury/ Hawkeye.

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Hawkeye would be pretty sweet. And it would be nice to get a potentially awesome Captain America film for once.

9. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You really only need Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap to make an Avengers movie. Nick Fury calling Cap to lead those 3 individuals would do enough damage to any person or thing that threatens to destroy the earth. Ant-Man could easily round out the team too. It would be cool to see Ant-Man become Giant Man by the time the Avenger movie comes then Wasp could be the 6th member.

Not really interested in seeing Hawkeye or Black Widow as part of the big screen Avenger team, because then it would seem too much like GI Joe. If they were both in the Nick Fury movie, that would be ok.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

This is my lineup for the Avengers movie:

Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye or Black Widow, Nick Fury.

It's the original cast plus 1 or 2 of the Avengers I feel would translate well in real world setting.

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I had always heard was it was going to be the original team: Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Ant Man plus Captain America.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope what they have planned for Captain America is a WW2 movie set back when he first got his powers and had to defeat the Red Skull. Have the movie end with him sacrificing himself and winding up in the North Atlantic where they find him in the Avengers movie.

Ant Man will most likely be in the Avengers movie along with the Wasp. A Nick Fury movie with Hawkeye and the Black Widow would also rule. Things are looking good for Marvel and Iron Man was an excellent start for them. I hope Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, Spider Woman, and a Iron Fist movie could be made at some point.

Spider-Man and the X-men will go back to Marvel soon as their contracts end. Sony and Fox may want to renew, but Marvel doesn't have to. So I expect we'll still see Spidy 4 and maybe the Wolverine and Magneto movies, but beyond that... who knows.

Tho what would be cool at some point would be a Secret Wars movie.

13. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I think its just going to be Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Hulk. Iron Man 2 and Thor are slated for a 2010 release while The First Avenger: Captain America and The Avengers is slated for a 2011 release. Each hero will have their own movie to tie-in for the big Avengers movie. Ant Man will be having his own movie but no tentative date has been set and I so hope they don't add him to the team roster.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If the movies are taking the Ultimates approach, which it does sound like, don't worry about seeing Wolverine and Spidey, they won't be in for a long time. They only showed up once Jeph Loeb took over, and the less said the better. The meat of the Ultimates story is from Millar.

If Captain America takes the Ultimates approach, it will be freaking awesome. Flashbacks of asskicking war time battles, parachuting into a street and kicking ass. Ultimates vols 1-2 ruled.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That would be fucking AWESOME!

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The problem is that captain america won't sell well over seas, and marvel knows it.

17. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    possibly why they're releasing cap's movie the same year as the avengers. that way marvel will still get some money off the avengers movie if the cap movie doesn't do well in foreign markets.

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Of course, and captain America is a vital part of the avengersso they need to establish that character before an avengers movie.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

One idea is to have Cap confront the new World in which America after he's rescued is distrusted around the world and have him struggling to cope with it, but in the end his bravery and ideaology won over the people and he became the hero of the world and not just America. He may have to make friends with Japanese, Germans (enemies during WW2) as well as Muslims over the course of the movie. Cheesy I know but that's one way to sell a US-specific superhero to the world that may not accept it.

20. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Wow, wasn't sure anyone else had the same feelings as me on a Cap movie, but I couldn't agree with you more. It would be really cool to see that as a WWII movie and then have him found at the beginning of the Avengers (ala The Ultimates).

As for the lineup, I'd be happy with the originals plus Cap or The Ultimates lineup. I'd especially like The Ultimates lineup if they make Quicksilver as funny as he was in that comic.