The Autobots do not stand a chance. How would you like it to end?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Feb 10, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    In the first movie, Megatron was killed by a supreme force. By "supreme force", I mean that he was neither killed by man or machine but something that is unexplained. You know like for example in the X-Men movies, the enemies are never killed by their physical enemies but always by some HUGE "force".

So in this next movie, Autobots have to deal with the following:

Megatron (maybe??)
    A legion of Decepticons lead by either Starscream or Soundwave or both
    Devastator
    The Fallen

The Autobots don't stand a chance. Yes, they are currently teaming up with the human military and special forces but lets be honest, do the guns that the soldiers (grounded infantry) carry really do anything or are they just for show? (not that I mind, I love muzzle flare and bullet tracers in a gun battle).

In my opinion, I think that the Autobots and humans together won't do much damage to their enemies. They will probably take out a couple of them through physical force like ammunition and pure brawling but I think a character such as the Fallen will be more complicated.

I think the writers feel that "we can't have him killed by humans or just by the Autobots purely swarming him and we can't use an All-Spark type kill like in the first one". But whatever they come up with, I think that there will be some kind of "supreme-force" involved.

If not, then I think that the Autobots will have a combiner or giant of their own to do battle with their giant foes. Optimus and Jetfire combo perhaps????

Whaddya think?

PS - I think its great that the military and Autobots are teaming together. It really is a cool story aspect but really.....does anyone really want to see Decepticon kills by the humans? How would you feel if you see a Decepticon character such as Onslaught or Swindle or Motormaster (provided that they're in the movie) get owned by humans with rocket launchers??? You know they're going to have to have Decepticon fodder. It may as well be a character that you know from the original series.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I'm sticking with my ID4 scenerio lol

A Hillbilly moron flying a Bi-Plane is gonna plow into DEVASTATOR'S one and only weak spot thereby causing a huge explosion killing all the remaining cons in the vicinity!

3. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Earlier today I was thinking, "What if they went with the X2 scenario?"

IE, Megatron's minions are our scouting for recruits, whilst the Autobots are hunting down barricade, jetfire, etc. While simultaneously the Fallen wakes up and basically starts killing members of both factions, leaving the Decepticons and Autobots to reluctantly team up to take down the Fallen....

Yeah, it's a stretch, and has a 99.999% chance of not happening, but hey, my two cents.

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    the only other thing I can think of is finding a weak spot and they'll get an agile and smaller Autobot like Arcee and her other 2 bikes to team up and fight their way upwards to the top of Devastator looking for an Achilles heel and it will be one helluva challenge because Devastator will make extremely difficult for them. But will be exciting nonetheless

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    8 problems with that scenerio.

7 huge constructicons and 1 giant Gorilla called DEVASTATOR.

6. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Been playing much Shadow of the Colossus have we?

PS, I would defend my theory if it wasn't bat-sh*t crazy.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If the ending was up to me I would have it go: With the aid of Jetfire the Autobots just barely defeat the Fallen but Magatron is back. The Autobots are battered and broken with there backs to the wall. They escape to fight another day bit it look hopeless.

Even though that's what I would like I doubt it will happen like that. Partly because it seems like they want the movies to stand on there own for the most part. Also I don't know if it work leaving a mob of Decepticons on Earth like that would work. The way they have the movie world working would Megatron be the sort of cartoon Meagtron that would go back to the hide out to plan the next move or just for rampaging across the planet killing and destroying?

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    That is actually a very good point that I never thought of. And it also gives more validity to Michael Bay saying that Megatron is not back (although he could be BSing).

This is not the cartoon-verse where they leave the Decepticons barely destroyed so that they can come back in another episode to fight again.

It makes more sense to leave Megatron out of this unless he is a completely different upgraded character because otherwise the movie would have the end be the same where he is killed again.

It would end up being like The Mummy movies, where Brendan Frasier kills the same mummy, TWICE!!!!

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I could see it ending with Megatron being back but not getting involved in the final battle. Sort of like hanging back in the shadows. Like if the heroes think the fight is won and then the bit we saw of Sam getting pinned to the table is way at the end. So the film ends with Magatron capturing Sam and Sam being all like "Nononononono Megatron? But you're dead!" and Meagtron being all like "No foolish flesh creature, I'm a space tank." Or maybe something more ominous like how he is going to use Sam to destroy the Autobots.

10. Jetstreamx

Jetstreamx Lord Jettington

What if Optimus dies, and Megatron lives? What if Starscream dies and Megatron giggles? What if some planet sized world eater turns Megatron into a world ravaging scourge capable of backfisting intelligent space faring planets so hard that he's able to keep them from being able to fully revive for centuries! Personally, I want both Optimus and Megatron to be able to BOTH survive to a next movie, so I'm not apposed to having Megatron return, I'm just apposed to having him return as Galvatron.

Either way, as long as Soundwave survives.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really have any solid ideas but I have some guesses.

The resurrected Megatron gets the location of the Fallen from Sam's brain somehow (Since we know Sam goes slightly crazy, possibly due to messing with the Allspark in part 1) and goes to Egypt to bring the Fallen back online, thinking he's going to help the Decepticons. The Autobots are in hot pursuit.

The revived Fallen turns on Megatron, badly damaging or killing him, before turning on both the Autobots and the Decepticons. The Fallen easily dispatches Devastator which causes Starscream to crap himself and run off again.

Jetfire realises what he must do, having seen what the Fallen is capable of before. He combines with Optimus, they attack the Fallen and then somehow Jetfire sacrifices himself to take down the Fallen, leaving Prime unscathed.

Soundwave escapes at the end of the battle with the damaged (if he's not dead) Megatron.

Only problem with all this is it leaves the human characters with little to do.

I just don't see how the Autobots and humans have any chance in taking down Megatron, Decepticon forces, Devastator AND The Fallen. So I'm guessing the Fallen may turn on everyone.

12. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

I'm thinking it'll end up being something like an EMP bomb like in that (fake?) script with Ultra Magnus that was knocking about...

Because face it, with the list of possible enemies they'll face this time around they don't stand a chance of winning with might.

So I think it's gonna end with an EMP bomb and Autobots in turn putting their life on the line for the greater good. :2c: 

I hope that's not how it ends as I'd prefer it to end as an almighty battle of Decepticons vs Autobots (no human help) and the strongest survives...but this is how I think it will go down.

13. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

back when tehy said tidal wave was gonan be around i thought it would be awesome to have seaspray come in and do something useful for a change, like have him be this tiny speedboat and transform travellin up tidal waves body to plant a bomb within his armour, nwo that he aint in it, i merely shall change tidal wave to devastator and seaspray to either bumblebee (becuase he main character) or maybe a self sacrificing wheelie dropped from above by optimus prime connected to jetfire haha everyone working as a team :D 

14. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

sorry for the second post straight away, EMPs are cool an all but they always seem like a cop out in movies an tv shows to me dont ya think? like they always use em in stargate an stuff, if any of ya know red vs blue they used one in that, my sister who is we shall say not teh smartest lady, when watching anything with machinery in it just goes "fire an EMP an go home"

i hope for that reason alone they dont use one lol

15. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    EMP has it's own limitations though, and seeing as these are quasi-biological lifeforms we don't know what effect that would have on them. in one of the prequels for the first movie i think wreckacge was temporarily disabled with one. it didn't kill him, just put him into temporary stasis so S7 could take him in. then again, the canonicity of the prequels is questionable at best.

16. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

Totally, I really hope they don't go this way but I just have a funny feeling they will...

I'm another person that hopes it going to go all Empire Strikes Back and have the Autobots crushed in some almighty brawl at the end of the movie ready for them to come back in the third, kick their attack up a gear, enlist some serious back up (bots like Wheeljack through to Combiners) and take no prisoners...but then hasn't Mr. Orci ready said that the film has no cliffhanger? So I guess that completely crushes my dreams there :D 

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It will never happen in a billion years, but I'd like the second movie to end with the dead of Sam.

Not because I have anything against the actor or against the character, but damn if it wouldn't shock everyone if they killed off the star. No one would see it coming and people would be talking about it for years.

18. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I took what he and Bay have said more along the lines of not having a cheap cliffhanger like the matrix reloaded or potc: dead man's chest. Neither of those movies stood on their own and told a complete story. They didn't come to a logical conclusion and quite literally just ended out of nowhere...in a wink, wink, nudge, nudge "to be continued" manner.

Empire has its own selfcontained story that needs no further explanation. Although it ends a little more cliffhangery than I expect ROTF to end, I fully expect ROTF to end on a note that leaves you wanting to know what happens next. I just don't expect it to end requiring a sequel to make sense out of it.

19. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    I'd like to see it end with most of the Autobots crippled or dead, with Ratchet working feverishly back at base trying to find a way to stop Devastator, possibly ending with a breakthrough where he figures out a way to break up the combiners. That's when he gets a signal from incoming Autobot reinforcements. With the next film, some of the reinforcements will end up being retrofit as an Autobot combiner.

20. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

well sir... they could barely hold their own against Megatron alone in the first movie, they had to kill him with the Allspark just to win.

now they got Megatron back, plus this new Fallen guy, PLUS 100 foot monster of machinary after them.

I'd hate to say it, but the Autobots are fucked!!