The autobots alt modes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by T4mercustomz, Jan 4, 2012.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why do the autobots turn into cars and trucks instead of military vehicles ? I understand the need for nostalgia but if your fighting a war why use a camaro? Why not a f-22 like starscream? Or a tank like brawl?

2. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    if you watch the bouns features in the 1stmovie they said they want the cons to be the millitary(evil) and autobots cars and trucks! (they look nice and friendly)!

3. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Autobots want to be friends with humans...they aren't going to do that by transforming into a tank in the middle of the street and crushing everything!!!! They were clumsy enough as cars!!!

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Civilian alts allow you to blend in with civilians without suspicion.
    Granted, in RotF and DotM they didn't all need to be that disguised since they were working in close conjunction with NEST, where cars would be out of place. Bots like Breakaway and Warpath would've been perfect.

May just be a style choice or even a requirement with the car companies (not so much "all Autobots must be cars" as in "there needs to be x number of Autobot cars").

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

They're stuck with what vehicles they're compatible with. Even most of the Decepticons are cars or trucks. Even Megatron eventually became one. Transformers that can take on a military alternate mode are a rarity. Starscream Brawl and Blackout/Grindor are about the only ones out of all that appeared in the films.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Because then fans would complain if their alt modes were radically different. A tank Optimus? A Ferrari Starscream?
    2.) Because for the sake of the first movie, it's simply easier to establish "these sweet looking cars and/or giant trucks are the good guys, while those massive military death war machines and/or alien scorpions are the bad guys" (with the exception of Barricade). Once that has been established, it's easier to explore other alternate modes with other characters as we get to know them. When we get to know these characters better and learn more about this universe, then we can have characters like the Dreads [GMC truck alts], Jetfire as a (turncoat) Autobot, smaller characters like Wheelie, Satellite-Wave, Mercedes-Wave, etc..
    3.) It's based on mass. Bumblebee can't scan an F-22, unless he wanted to turn into the cockpit and nothing more. Brawl couldn't scan a VW bug, unless said car was the size of a house.
    4.) Because Sam trying to woo the girl with an Abrams tank doesn't make for good storytelling. ;) 
    5.) And pretty much everyone above me has valid reasons too.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To sell cars.

8. topspin408

topspin408 Dino's Role Model

i dont know..... maybe because bay wanted to make more money by promoting cars like camaro and ferrari

9. topspin408

topspin408 Dino's Role Model

i like #4

10. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Hello, guys! been a lurker around here for awhile, but I think I´ll throw my two cents in for the first time^^

I think there's a pretty good explanation, storywise, for this. The decepticons have been on earth for much longer then the 'bots, and since they were trying to infiltrate human military bases searching for the allspark, it would be a good ideia to disguise themselves as military, or authority vehicles. You can clearly see this with blackout. They are not military vehicles because of the firepower, but because it´s part of their mission.

As for the 'bots, they basically arrive on earth and imediately proceed to rendevous with BB and Sam. They just scan the 1st thing they see that fits their size (granted, the 1st thing all of them see happen to be really flashy vehicles, but hey...^^) They did not come to earth to fight the cons, but to get to the cube before them, so they scaned the 1st thing that blended in and rushed to get to Sam. it´s not like military vehicles roll around on every street, so finding one to scan would take to much precious time, and armament wasn´t really an issue. The 'cons had more time to prepare and plan for suitable altmodes.

As for the rest of the movies, I think the 'cons just keep their military alt modes for the sake of it (except the ones that are in hiding, like sideways, and the constructicons)
    The 'bots continue to pick flashy vehicles because it suits their personalities and because hiding isn´t a problem anymore.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards, mate! Play nice and things will go smoothly for you around here. :) 

And I agree with your points.

12. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Well-Known Member

Well,DuhA!We Known Megatron Was A Tank In ROTF.The Reason Is There is a few reasons.But,I Cant tell because,u need to figure out