The Audio Knights Theatre - Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye audio drama project

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AquaBuffalonius, Aug 18, 2014.

1. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

We're working on getting the issue 5 MP3 on our site. For now, you can get the MP3 here: The Audio Knights Theatre MTMTE episodes.

2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
  3. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Just finished the audiobook and wow! Once again, wow! You've out done yourself! I'm very blown away by you and the team's work. Fantastic job you guys. And I think you've got a fantastic voice for Fort Max. Jon3.0 is an amazing choice for the guy!

4. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star As seen on TV

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We all thank you for the listen and the kind words.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  5. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

6. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

IDW comic artist Brian Shearer, who has inked several Transformers and G.I. Joe comics, has teamed up with The Audio Knights Theatre!

Brian's webcomic Willam The Last is being turned into a multimedia experience by us as part of a Kickstarter. Brian wants to get William The Last off the screen and into your hands. The goal of the Kickstarter is for Brian to make print copies of the first chapter (about 23 pages or normal comic length) of William The Last. And not only are we doing an audio drama for this, but also a motion comic.

Please check out the Kickstarter here: William The Last Kickstarter

And thank you to anyone who supports this awesome project!

7. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

Thanks to everyone who came out for our MTMTE motion comic movie during the opening ceremony for TFcon Charlotte and our panel on Saturday morning! We really appreciate all the positive feedback and questions we received. Thank you very much! More coming from us soon!

8. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

Hi everybody! It's been a while since TFcon Charlotte, so we thought it was time for an update! Firstly, check out our new logo! You can see it as our avatar and signature on TFW2005!

Next, our first full non-TF project, chapter 1 of Brian Shearer's William The Last webcomic, will be releasing soon (first to the Kickstarter supporters and later to all)! This includes the full audio and soon a motion comic. If you haven't checked out this wonderful webcomic, you can start right here: William The Last!

We did a very amusing Squirrel Girl dramatic read, which you can see on our YouTube channel: TAKT - A Galactic Need To Kick Butts And Eat Nuts

For our TF projects, we have a few Spotlights that came out recently. These are one voice actor performing a monologue of a single character. You can hear some of our Audio Knights performing as Orion Pax, Grimlock, Nightbeat, Fulcrum, Megatron, and Chief Justice Tyrest. Check out the Soundlcoud playlist right here:
    TAKT - Spotlights on Soundcloud!

Life hit us hard after TFcon, but we are getting back on track with MTMTE 6 as well as training some new editors so we can put out content faster. Thank you for your support! And don't forget to visit our website www.theaudioknightstheatre.com as well as following us on Twitter @TAKTonline!

9. spiritprime

News Credits:
    *drops jaw at the spotlights* Holy, these are so awesome! And... wow! Good spotlight on Orion Pax. That's very cool!

10. Devaron9

Devaron9 Man from another universe... IN THE FUTURE!

Loving it, it's really good.

11. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

I vaguely remember you all needing me to re-do the Vos line, was that still the case?

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

For the most part I really enjoy the Audio Knights version of the More Than Meets The Eye books but the guy who voices Tailgate, Chromedome and Pipes is Godawful.

Pipes death in the comics was very moving but that voice is going to ruin it when the time comes.

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're voice awesome! Good Elder scroll references mix Star Trek

14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    How's issue 6 coming along?

15. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

JudgeDeliberata: let us check on that. We're only starting to coordinate issues 7+8.

WileyMech: we'll pass your words on to him. He'll appreciate it!

BattleUpSabre: it's a slow process, but several scenes are approaching completion for mtmte 6: the bar scene, scenes in Rung's office, flashbacks/montages. It's all coming together beautifully.

We thank everyone for their feedback! Most folks seem to like what we're doing. It takes a long time to put out an entire issue, but we have some new editors helping as well as training some new ones. All our voice actors put everything into the performances. I think you'll really notice that in issue 6.

16. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess you have all the voices needed for More Than Meets the Eye....I mean who are going get for Nautica. Plus I like hearing the teasers for that

17. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

Cool. Since last time I've been gifted with a new recording mike, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Also, uh...dibs on Sunder. In five years. :D 

18. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

JudgeDeliberata: I checked with the main editors. We all found your original Vos lines to be perfectly creepy. No need to re-record for now. ☺

WilyMech: We have all the voices we need up to only a few issues out, so we will need more in the future. I'll post here when we have more TF auditions. Nautica was done in a dramatic read we have on YouTube, but we're not sure that same person will reprise the role later.

We do have something new we're doing: Spotlights as seen in the update post. Basically, it's one voice actor doing a monologue (30 seconds or more) from a comic. If there's a character you'd like to do one for, make sure it's someone we don't have cast. Don't pick anyone in MTMTE 1-8 as we already have all those cast. If you'd like to do one, email us at audioknightstheatre@gmail.com, tell us which character and from what comic issue/pages, describe the voice if necessary, and record a few lines so we can check out the voice. If we like what we hear, we'll give you feedback and have you record it for us. You'll get to be our next Spotlight!

19. spiritprime

News Credits:
    Hope everything is going well! I look forward to MTMTE 6!

20. TAKTonline

TAKTonline The Conclave

We just finished a giant project we had been working on for a while: an audio drama for chapter 1 of Brian Shearer's webcomic William The Last! This one even has a music score! Please check it out here:
    William The Last Chapter 1 by The Audio Knights Theatre.

And be sure to listen while you read along with the webcomic here:
    William The Last chapter 1

We are also on iTunes, and you can hear William The Last there as well:
    The Audio Knights Theatre on iTunes.

Finally, MTMTE 6 is coming along very well. Several scenes are in good shape, but they still need tweaking and final mixing/cleaning up. A few others are still being created like the Overlord montage at the beginning. That is going to be a deliciously dark montage.