The Audio Knights Theatre - Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye audio drama project

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AquaBuffalonius, Aug 18, 2014.

1. AquaBuffalonius

AquaBuffalonius Member

****NEW UPDATE!!!****
    Go here for our Crewditions Primer!
    ). We’ve given voices to the characters, and added sound effects and musical scores to enhance the reading experience of the comic. This audio drama is a love-letter to the creators of the comic series, fans of the Transformers franchise, comic book lovers, the vision-impaired, avid and blossoming readers, and audio drama enthusiasts!

Our audio drama is intended as a SUPPLEMENT to the MTMTE comic series, rather than a stand-alone product. Fans are encouraged to support IDW and its writers and artists by purchasing their comics (physical copies or through digital comic retailers), and reading along while listening to the audio drama.
    So grab a copy of issues 1-3 at

IDW Publishing ,

listen along with the audio on our SoundCloud page at

TheAudioKnightsTheatre's sets on SoundCloud - Hear the world ,

follow our exploits and fan interactions on Twitter at

www.twitter.com/TAKTonline ,

like our Facebook page at

www.facebook.com/TheAudioKnightsTheatre ,

and catch us on TF Radio Network Home - Radio Free Cybertron - The Transformers Podcast as well!

For Maximum Enjoyment, remember this equation:
    Transformers: MTMTE + The Audio Knights Theatre = Happiness!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star As seen on TV

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely worth a listen!
    It's a labor of love from these fans and their passion is definitely audible.
    I want in!

3. crazyr746

crazyr746 _Crazy_

Sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more issues.

4. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am the voice of Cyclonus, Ultra Magnus, and the Narrator. Words can't properly express the amount of love and work the producers of this piece have poured into it. I am honored to be a part of it and hope people enjoy it. Oh, you didn't know Cyclonus was a Khajiit and Ultra Magnus is actually Worf? Well, now you know.

5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    :)  Awesome idea!

Looking forward to listening to this.

6. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    AquaBuffalonius, aka.... Ninja Dave is a good friend of mine. I know the hard work his crew is putting into this. I hope everyone gives it a chance!

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay this is on my short list.

Also as someone with expensive audio recording equipment and minor acting ability I'm tempted to offer my services. (My YouTube channel uses near professional level equipment as heard in my signature.)

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    how does one audition? I'd like to try my hand at Whirl and Megatron.

9. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Heard the first part the other day. Good work :) 

10. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd be interested in auditioning for this. Always looking for projects to boost my VO audio reel, or, y'know, actually have a VO audio reel.

11. AquaBuffalonius

AquaBuffalonius Member

For anyone looking to lend their voices to the project, we have the roles of Overlord, Fort Max, the DJD, and the Decepticon Scavengers in the coming issues of 4-8. To audition for the character, record a sample of their dialogue in your take in .wav or .mp3 and send the Dropbox links to me here! We look forward to hearing your creative vocals!

12. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for something like this...

13. T.F. Allen

T.F. Allen Formerly known as Krem

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Whoa whoa WHOA. When did auditions for THIS happen??? Goshdarnit, I would have auditioned for Rewind, Chromedome, Whirl, Drift.... aw, heck, half the cast. I'll DEFINITELY be sending in something for Overlord, Tarn, and Fort Max, at least. I'm really sad I missed out on this.

14. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

There's only one voice I can do that I like... and he doesn't even appear in MTMTE.

Darn it, Needlenose!

15. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You guys really do an amazing job with these recordings, it really helps breathe more life into the comics. I look forward to all future episodes.

16. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This worked great on my nook, paired with the issues on comixology. Can't wait to hear more! I really enjoyed the voices of Swerve, Cyclonus, and Rodimus.

Would it be possible to make these available to download as a podcast?

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Just listen to the first issue while reading along on Comixology. I really wasn't certain what to expect but I'm glad to say, for fan work, this was good. Some voices sounded a bit put on and not all the acting was as good as it could've been but all in all, this was good.

A big problem though, is when having to imagine the voices when reading, you come up with your own perfect voices for each character so if they don't end up being used in something like this, it can be annoying to you.

18. AquaBuffalonius

AquaBuffalonius Member

We appreciate everyone's feedback! Yes, Bennydeckersac, we're working to get all of our episodes up on TFRadio.net's site and they will be available on iTunes as well!

We continue to improve, Soundwaverulls, and hope you find episodes 2 and 3 a delightful evolution!

19. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think episode 2 was definitely an improvement on episode 1. I particularly enjoy Swerve's voice, and the actor does a pretty good job of hitting the right tone in my opinion. Whirl and Cyclonus are also fun with their accents.

One pet peeve though is that the voice of Highbrow is fine, but the delivery feels off. I feel like he should be a bit more excited about his work like an excitable mad scientist (which he is) rather than his slightly detached manner as currently presented. Likewise I feel like Rodimus needs a bit more bluster and overconfidence especially when doing speeches.

You may also want to include longer pauses between dialogue when the comic has panels which are dialogue free. It is kind of jarring to be following along on Comixology guided view and then jumping from one bit of dialogue in one panel and then instantly jumping to dialogue located 2 or 3 panels later.

I'll probably listen to episode 3 later tonight, and I look forward to seeing the project evolve as the actors get more comfortable with their roles.

20. AquaBuffalonius

AquaBuffalonius Member

Thanks for the feedback, The Ionicon! Yes, we are definitely taking these things into accoutn! And yes, Brainstorm will be jazzed up sufficiently in his next outing. :p