The Art of Selling Toys!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Phoenix Blaze, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So, I'm finally thinking of thinning out the collection a bit, both Transformers and various other things (Spawn mostly) and I need a bit of advice about selling toys.

I'm not sure what's best, eBay or here. Obviously eBay has things like fees, but it also has "passers by". People who might pick up whatever I'm selling on the basis of "hey why not, it's cheap". But there's also fees and the times and stuff. So with here I can just make a thread and let it be.

Is it better to do bulk loads or individual toys if on eBay? Singles are cheaper, but someone might buy a full bulk for one or two toys contained within.

So yeah....help!!!

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely try here first. You'll avoid fees, you'll have more control over your transaction, you'll help a fellow fan and you may even make some friends. My rule of thumb for selling is forums first, eBay later for stuff that forum folks don't want.

Of course selling through a forum isn't without its problems (people who flake out or simply forget) but if you're smart about who you're selling to and read their feedback, you shouldn't have any problems.

As for singles or lots, you could always have a price for a lot and individual prices for the toys that make up the lot. Figure out what you would want for each and what you would want to sell them together. I've only sold lots a couple of times, but for those I had the price of the lot at a lower amount than the price of the individual toys together. Say for example you're selling 10 Classics toys - $5 for each would be $50, but take all ten for $45 or something like that.

Good luck!

3. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd suggest research the current value of what you want to sell first using ebay's completed listings; that should give you a good guide of what kind of money you can get for your items

also Good Luck!

4. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i tried selling a lot of my spawn stuff a year ago, and sorry to say, its a hard one to move. id say to start on boards where spawn collectors can at least be found! i sold most of my stuff for just dollars on ebay :(  not that i care about making money! hahah just that its kind of sad to see something you once enjoyed so much be worthless to the world...

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Agreed. It was impossible to sell my stuff. Even the one time very expensive MAXX was Sold for a few bucks. Spawn toys are worthless. Good luck getting any money for them.

6. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Well I'm not really hoping to make big bucks. It's a case of, I'd rather get something for them than nothing by throwing them away.

The whole Spawn thing, yeah, it's really sad and never have I actually felt betrayed by a company, but when they announced that they were stopping the toys, well, it was a dark day.......