The Armada Trilogy???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DaraRex2.0, Apr 11, 2007.

1. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I'm confused. I keep hearing about the Armada triology and have presumed that this has to do with Armada-Energon-Cybertron. I thought Cybertron was some new series all its own that wasn't very good because, well...I don't really know why. The story was rather bland.

My impression was that Armada went into Energon and then it ends there, Cybertron wasn't a part of Armada because no Transformer has contact with Earth aside from the artifacts that Suzuki lady found, and that Atlantis story with the four ships. My guess is that I'm missing some details that were in the comics or it just went really far over my head.

I liked Armada, yes I admit it! And must respect that line for it was the reason why I was able to locate G1 boxset, so I know what everyone's talkin' about and I'm not from the reject Armada thing. Kweh. But I love G1 because it was b@d@ss, the Autobots and Decepticons would occassionally decapitate one another and sell each other as parts and that is something the producers wouldn't dare do in the more recent series

2. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Cybertron was part of the Armada continuity.
    Galaxy Force was not (although now they say it was -in an alternate universe).

The American show had some difficulty fitting all of that in because of the head numbing situation caused by Galaxy Force's not being part of the continuity.

At the end of Cybertron, there are references to other shows and a cameo by Rad, Carlos, Alexis and Kicker that were absent from Galaxy Force.

But, yeah, check the above thread.
    And don't apologize for liking Armada. I have liked all the Transformers series although I certainly have favorites.
    I love G1, but there was not an episode in Armada that was as bad as 'Carnage in C Minor'. They all have their highs and lows.

4. soundblastc44

soundblastc44 CAPS MASTER...OH YEAH

.... hmm i dunno... if you look at the credits of the last apisode closly [when their showing all the pictures] you see rad, alexis, carlos and kicker in one of them....:D  :ev: 

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

To be fair that thread was more about Japanese continuities.

It's kind of confusing DaraRex, but yes, Cybertron is supposed to be a direct sequel to Armada and Energon in the US. The problem is that in Japan it was NOT a direct sequel to the two previous series. So they had to slip in lines and small plot points here and there in the dub that might reference earlier series, but by necessity it can't be that close because all the animation and basic storyline comes from a series that wasn't a sequel. Does that make sense?

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Really? I didn't know that.
    Like, actually in the credits with the words scrolling over them.

I never actually saw an episode of Galaxy Force.

7. DaraRex2.0

Okay, thank you all it's beginning to make sense now.

I was afraid I missed something because the comic books and the shows are always different from one another and it's a lot worse when they have fifty different people wiriting every episode separatly in his own cubicle. This explains the plot holes in the G1 universe always popping up for fans to fall into.

When I saw Cybertron I presumed that it was a 'reboot' of the original Armada and I didn't like that recycled nonsense. Also, Mini-Cons are useless unless you hook up to the sucker.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Vector Prime does. But, Minicons are largely supplanted by the Cyber Keys.
    It still bugs me that Armada was all about capturing Minicons and all the awesome power they unleashed in the larger Transformers; then in Energon and Cybertron no one really cared about the minicons. They were just "there".

9. DaraRex2.0

Someone once wrote a complaint about the neglect of the Mini-Cons in Energon and said "...will there be anymore stories about a 'bot and his 'Con?" And I got thinking, "true"

You have your partner and go out and fight and if he gets ripped off you, it's not just your batteries gone, it's also your friend. He'll be subjected to torture until he cooperates or worse have his memory wiped clean. I also liked the segment in the first Armada comic (the only one I own) where they were discussing the torture they were subjected to when the Decepticons caught them. Now that was Decepticon.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    They weren't in the credits. As you described, they were older versions of the those four characters as we last saw them in Energon, and they were presumebly watching the launch of the four exploration ships.

As a consequence of these extra seconds of footage, Voicebox had to trim off a few seconds of the end credits montage where they showed what happened to everybody afterwards, specifically where Coby proposes to Lori in space while they watch Bud's Oscar acceptance speech, presumably for his documentary film about the Transformers that he made in the same episode.

I think its to do with the Mini-Cons no longer allowing themselves to be used as pawns, plus at the start of Energon everybody was at peace. The Mini-Cons didn't seem to be around anymore, presumebly living elsewhere. The club comic shows they have their own colonies, I believe.

My theory is Mini-Cons lost much of their power after Unicron disspeared.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Cybertron was meant to be a sequel from the beginning. Gonzo screwed that all to hell.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That'd be my guess. Either their connection to Unicron was severed so they weren't the same AWSUMMA POWAAA they were in Armada, or in the between-series peace Minicons and Autobots worked together to re-engineer them to not be such a desirable power source.

13. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Agreed.

Cybertron was supposed to be a sequel to Energon, but Gonzo had other ideas. Here in america and other places, hasbro used the packaging to make the connection. More receintly, they really tried to connect the series with the "Ultimate Battle" set. The dvd tries to tie all three shows together.

14. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    the point is the whole thing was a mess and made it impossible for me to watch any of these shows, given the constant continuity errors, mislabeled names, and stiff animation.

amazes me Beast Wars is now 10 years old, Batman The Animated series is 15 years old... and nothing on TV is anywhere near as good.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    BW was no stranger to continuity errors, either. Like in Coming of the Fuzors where Dinobot pumps his shotgun no less than three times without firing a shot (three Mainframe animators all thought it looked cool, apparently), Waspinator and Turantulas arriving as 'reinforcements' for Megatron even though they were standing next to him in the previous episode, Dinobot saying he's run out of ammo, yet is seen firing the shotgun moments later, and then later again (when the gun has mysteriously grown handlebars).

Then at the end, all the Maximals forget to reload their guns merely for the artificial purpose of being pummeled by the Preds so Primal could save the day.

Actually given the serialised nature of Armada, Energon and Cybertron within themselves, they generally don't have as many continuity errors as people believe. Sure, they have lots of continuity errors with each other (particullarly Cybertron with the other two).