The ancient hammer (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by decepticreep312, Mar 17, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So the only one who can use it is a Prime, and Megatron is going to keep it far away from any Primes?

So long halfway interesting thing. To the vault of "never to be seen again garbage" you go.

The way this show introduces potentially game-changing artifacts and character arcs and just tosses them away is seriously approaching the level of Energon. It's so paranoid about keeping the status quo intact at all costs.

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    What would you have him do, give it to his sworn enemy? Megatron is actually doing the smartest thing he can do in this case until he finds Liege Maximo or Megatronus.

3. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Kinda coincidental that everything you expect from the show never happens huh?

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron could try to go to vector sigma and strongarm Prime power up himself instead of looking for a Prime. I mean it worked with dark energon. He literally stabbed himself with Satan.

5. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

By all means stop watching then. I personally greatly enjoy it!

6. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Reminds me of Amy Rose! :lol 

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think that was the intention: to make the viewer think that was what was going to happen. Same with the cog. It was a little bit of storytelling misdirection. Which is good because when Optimus said about the hammer forging technology I groaned a little inside thinking that was how they were going to solve the cog problem, whether it was making Bumblebee a whole new cog or repairing his original after being damaged.

But it would've been funny if to repair Bumblebee's voicebox Optimus had to smack him in the throat with the hammer. :p 

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ok, I gotta ask why do you even watch the show? It´s pretty clear you don´t like it. Here´s a new idea..Don´t watch it.

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    So how does the hammer work anyway? You hit something and the energy it emits warps the piece of metal into whatever shape you desire?

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have to agree with you. The Hammer seems to be an opportunity missed AS OF THIS MOMENT. It seems like it truly is "just another tool" like Megatron mentioned. I'm holding out hope that all of these MacGuffins will come back into play soon because they all seem to have a purpose ...

However, there are still things from season 1 we haven't seen revisited. I want to see these things!

Also, maybe we can lay off with "You obviously don't like the show so why are you bothering to watch it" comments. Let the guy(s) state his opinions on the show. He's not being distasteful or anything. It's just my personal opinion, but maybe counter argue his points instead of telling him to stop watching the show. Might make for a better thread?

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Dunno, I was always of the mindset, that if don´t like something don´t watch it. Unless people are masochist.

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm not particularly fond of the direction of the show, but I'm holding out hope because it's still entertaining and fun to watch.

Maybe we're not all masochist.

13. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think its gonna play the same part as the magnus hammer in the TFA 2 part finale

14. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

Im thinking that slowly, the characters will amass the weapon for each of the 13, and that will be a sort of build up to one or all of their introduction into the show...i mean, hasbro even said that the 13 would be focused on more in the series....

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    The hammer is just another "Shen Gong Wu" that will never be seen again, at least that show used it's McGuffins regularly. But if by some small chance I hope it's the McGuffin that justifies new Toys next year, with a cast wide reformat.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    While I realize that the Thirteen are Primes, yet only Seven have "Prime" in their title (which includes Prima), I wonder if Liege Maximo would be barred, or because Megatronus Prime became the "Fallen" Prime, if he had also lost his ability to properly wield the forge.

With Vector Sigma being what it is, it likely knows that Megatron is nowhere near worthy bearing anything significant of Primus, Vector Sigma then probably wouldn't give Prime-hood to him. Also, it was specifically Primus giving the Matrix of Leadership to a being that was the official "branding" of a Prime, he did so to Orion Pax/Optimus via the core of Cybertron. I'd also imagine Primus would be linked to the network of Vector Sigma and the Matrix, and he'd probably be really pissed that someone, naming himself after the "Fallen" Prime, would dare demand Prime-hood.

Probably also imbues it with Energon to make it living.

Though, I do now wonder, why wouldn't she put that sort of failsafe on the Requiem Blaster?

17. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

Please someone with shapeway skills make that hammer!

18. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I'm hungry for ham all of a sudden.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was it really Solus who made the magnus hammer? We know she made various Cybertronian artifacts with the hammer. But if she needed the hammer to make stuff doesn't that mean that she couldn't have made the hammer and it came from someone else; possibly Primus himself?

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Out of strict technicalities, thus far, it isn't the "Magnus Hammer", shame, I know, I wanted it to be, too.

No idea if she's the one who made the Forge, it is possible the hammer was her first creation, but that's pure speculation. Even still, I'd imagine that she could use the hammer to embed certain specifics into the various technologies, including the Requiem Blaster.

Alas, such is moot until we either 1) get it from fiction, 2) see if there is anything of it in the "Binder of Revelation" [hot damn I'd like to get a nice, long peek of that thing, I'd feel like Mohammad with the Quran].