the amory wars

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Poho, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    has anyone read these comics? i've started getting pretty heavy into Coheed & Cambria and i'd really like to check out the comics that their albums are based on, but if they suck i won't waste my time.

2. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Haven't read them myself, but I do have previews for all issues released so far. Hope these help!

THE AMORY WARS #1 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Writers: Claudio Sanchez
    Pencils: Gus Vazquez
    Covers: Tony Moore, Claudio Sanchez
    Released: 06/13/2007

Part 1 of 5
    Coheed Kilgannon's suburban world is turned upside down by General Mayo Deftinwolf, who explains the nightmares of torture that violate Coheed's dreams are real – and that Coheed and his family play a crucial piece in a terrorist plot to destroy all the worlds of the Keywork. To save these worlds, Coheed and his wife, Cambria, must do the unthinkable...

From the imagination of Claudio Sanchez, the creative mind behind the music sensation Coheed and Cambria, comes a science fiction epic in the tradition of Star Wars and The Matrix – a new, star-spanning mythology, rooted in the story of one simple family. Hold on tight. The Amory Wars start here!

View:
    The Amory Wars #1, Moore Cover (from Major)
    The Amory Wars #1, Sanchez Cover (from Majpr)
    The Amory Wars #1, Page 1
    The Amory Wars #1, Page 2
    The Amory Wars #1, Page 3
    The Amory Wars #1, Page 4

Source: Comic Book Resources, Major Spoilers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

THE AMORY WARS #2 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Pencils: Gus Vazquez
    Covers: Tony Moore
    Released: 07/11/2007

Part 2 of 5
    Coheed and Cambria learn the truth about their children – and discover dangerous secrets about their past – as the Prise make an unexpected journey to visit Mariah Antillarea. Why is everyone afraid of the Flies, and can the Prise and Mariah work together to stop Wilhelm Ryan’s plan – or has the release of the Priests begun the destruction of Heaven’s Fence?

View:
    The Amory Wars #2, Cover
    The Amory Wars #2, Page 1
    The Amory Wars #2, Page 2
    The Amory Wars #2, Page 3
    The Amory Wars #2, Page 4
    The Amory Wars #2, Page 5

Source: Major Spoilers

THE AMORY WARS #3 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Pencils: M.S. Miller
    Released: 08/29/2007

Part 3 of 5
    Coheed and Cambria have been captured and ride a spaceship bound for Paris: Earth. At the house, Claudio discovers Josephine's dead body, the vicious Priest that killed her - and some amazing new powers - as his own fight for survival begins. How does the Kilgannon family's self-awareness play into Inferno's plans for revenge? Will Maria's rebellion free Heaven's Fence - or destroy it?

View:
    The Amory Wars #3, Cover
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 1
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 2
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 3
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 4
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 5
    The Amory Wars #3, Page 12 (inks, from CBR)

Source: Image Comics, Comic Book Resources

THE AMORY WARS #4 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Released: 11/14/2007

Part 4 of 5
    It's a blood bath in space as Coheed and Cambria fight for control of the Gloria Vel Vessa. Will the ship stay on course to Paris: Earth or will Inferno blow it out of the sky? The Priest's deadly shape-shifting continues making Patrick's life a living hell, and we meet Admiral Vielar Crom, possibly the most dangerous man on Heaven's Fence. What does he have in store for Mayo Deftinwolf...and where is Claudio?

View:
    The Amory Wars #4, Cover
    The Amory Wars #4, Page 1
    The Amory Wars #4, Page 2
    The Amory Wars #4, Page 3
    The Amory Wars #4, Page 4
    The Amory Wars #4, Page 5

Source: Comic Book Resources

THE AMORY WAR #5 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Released: 01/16/2008

Part 5 of 5
    THE HIT MINISERIES CONCLUDES!

Mariah Antillarea rallies her troops for the upcoming war against Tri-Mage Wilhelm Ryan. In space, Inferno chases Coheed and Cambria aboard the Gloria Vel Vessa, unaware that Admiral Vielar Crom is right behind him, ready to launch an attack on BOTH vessels. The Priests dispatch with Patrick, but Claudio is still at large, slowly awakening to his new role as his powers continue to develop. Man, the Mage and the Prise – it's an all-out, planet-spanning war for Heaven's Fence, and it has begun!

View:
    The Amory War #5, Cover
    The Amory War #5, Page 1
    The Amory War #5, Page 2
    The Amory War #5, Page 3
    The Amory War #5, Page 4
    The Amory War #5, Page 5

Source: Image Comics

THE AMORY WARS II #1 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Pencils: Gabriel Guzman
    Released: 06/04/2008

"THE SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADE, PART VI", Part 1 of 5
    The first new issue of "The Amory Wars"! Trapped in space, Coheed and Cambria use their new-found abilities to face off against the awesome power of Admiral Vielar Crom; the Prise make a terrible sacrifice; and Supreme Tri-Mage Wilhelm Ryan reveals the secret behind his plans to power the ultimate weapon. Jumping out of the exciting events of the first epic mini-series, the final details of the star-spanning saga of "The Second Stage Turbine Blade" come to light. The Amory Wars starts here!

View:
    The Amory Wars II #1, Cover
    The Amory Wars II #1, Page 1
    The Amory Wars II #1, Page 2
    The Amory Wars II #1, Page 3
    The Amory Wars II #1, Page 4
    The Amory Wars II #1, Page 5

Source: Comic Book Resources

THE AMORY WARS II #2 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Released: 07/02/2008

"THE SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADE, PART VII", Part 2 of 5
    Mariah Antillera makes a daring escape from Dil-Ariuth IX, but the rebellion may be doomed if Inferno can’t help Coheed and Cambria defeat Admiral Crom. General Mayo Deftinwolf lands his ships on Paris: Earth, but his increasing paranoia may destroy his plan for the Flies.

View:
    The Amory Wars II #2, Cover
    The Amory Wars II #2, Page 1
    The Amory Wars II #2, Page 2
    The Amory Wars II #2, Page 3
    The Amory Wars II #2, Page 4
    The Amory Wars II #2, Page 5

Source: Major Spoilers

THE AMORY WARS II #3 (of 5)

Publisher:
    Image Comics
    Released: 08/06/2008

"THE SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADE, PART VIII", Part 3 of 5
    Mayo Deftinwolf releases the genetically altered Dragonflies, starting a bizarre mutation in the captive Coheed and Cambria, and setting Supreme Tri-Mage Wilhelm Ryan's evil plan into stinging action. It's all happening on Paris: Earth, as "The Amory Wars" continues * and Heaven's Fence will NEVER be the same.

View:
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Cover
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Page 1
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Page 2
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Page 3
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Page 4
    The Amory Wars Volume 2 #3, Page 5

Source: Image Comics

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i havent read them, but i have purchased them all...i might read them this next week...if i do, i'll come back and post...but i have heard good things about them...they just played here on wednesday, and the lead singer did a signing in town, but i didnt go...probably shoulda though...oh well...hate the comic store where he was signing...

4. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

My gf is getting them and she loves them, though she is a big coheed fan so it may be a bit biased