The Amazon New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bossguy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Be patient. He'll be $50 at Ollies this summer.

3. michaelbird

michaelbird Well-Known Member

Tell you what, I'll go ahead and pay $100 and feel better about the chances for Hasbro making another titan class toy in the future.

• Like Like x 9
  4. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Lesser Known Member

Seconded. If everyone waits for the rock bottom clearance price every time, Hasbro will not make more Titan Class figures.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought one Trypticon for my daughter for Christmas. If I buy a second for myself, it’ll be under $50. I don’t NEED a second but for $50 what the heck..

6. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

People have to wait for clearance because of the quality issues of Trypticon.

I think 100 is still a high price for the issues it has.

Actually the message is, if you Hasbro wants my money, you Hasbro MUST improve the quality of your products. If you HASBRO sells products like Trypticon with quality issues, I will not buy your products.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Looks like I forgot my sarcasm tag.

Bless your hearts thinking waiting for 33% off with free shipping is ensuring the titan class's future.

8. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

... for 79 I MIGHT pay the extra 29 to play with Trippy for the nest 6 months!

9. michaelbird

Your patronizing aside, the more Hasbro has to blow out to the close outs, the less likely they are to get made. Ask them. They’ll tell you it’s exactly that consideration combined with the percentage of sell-through to retail.

Go talk to Star Wars collectors about playsets. They just got their first stand alone play set since 2005 (and odds are pointing to most of that stock going to close outs).

So yeah. It matters if it’s Amazon or Ollie’s or TJMaxx or whatever. And you definitely need a sarcasm tag because there are plenty of shitbag collectors on here who seem to think they need to collect Transformers but are totally above paying retail for them. If retail is a dealbreaker for you, maybe you need a different hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So, is the wording used here really necessary? Do you really think of your fellow collectors and people in general as shitbags for trying to save some money? The wording is completely uneccessary. There is no need to personally attack people because of what they do. It makes for a nicer forum to be a part of.

On topic, all large figures have gone on clearance since I have followed this hobby. Just the nature of the beast. It's not only for the price point, but also for the fact that you have this huge toy, and what are you going to do with it. If some collectors decide to wait, that is not what is going to kill titans being made. Hasbro expects a certain % to go on clearance.

And as an aside, Hasbro's earning reports are available for you to look at. Revenue is 7%, Net earnings also up 3%. So I think we're okay for now.

11. michaelbird

If I’m attacking a behavior exhibited by a group of people that is literally not a personal attack. It’s the opposite.

Collectors complain about lower quality and cheaper deco, etc., but they never take responsibility for it. If you’re being cheaper with your buck don’t be surprised when the companies want to give you less for what you’re begrudgingly forking over. I made a distinction between Amazon sales and Ollie’s. I trust you can work out that by context clues the behavior I’m addressing isn’t buying things on sale. It’s waiting until retail has given up on a product altogether.

And yeah, I can use that language because adult with freedom of speech, etc...

12. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well I did hold off Fort Max till he was 129.99, but I also had another 80 buck in credit card points then. Still got Trypts.

13. usernamedustin

Is that Transformers only or is it including marvel, nerf, star wars, etc...?

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Total Brand overall. I didn't dig too far there. I am sure TFers was up. Its always up during movie years.

15. usernamedustin

Maybe. This movie kind of flopped and the later wave toys were very poorly distributed.

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Oh cool, apparently Amazon has restocked Pedantic Arguing with Strangers™, thanks for the heads up guys I was waiting to order more of that!

• Like Like x 8
  17. michaelbird

No problem. Just know that they’re totally overrun with “Guardians of the Thread Topic” so look for those to hit Ollie’s for bargain basement prices in a couple months.

• Like Like x 3
  18. usernamedustin

The good news is that they are both available with free Amazon Prime shipping.

• Like Like x 8
  19. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Totally true retail is a deal-breaker not just for him, for A LOT OF fans. The lack of quality of Hasbro makes difficult to pay full price. Is that going to affect future Transformers? Oh please , thanks Primus!

Of course the lack of quality of official products is affecting the sells, that is why many fans are buying KO products with better quality , something UNBELIEVABLE in the past.

Not a secret how the Hasbro and Takara cheap hollow plastic syndrome is a norm in all Transformers lines, including the so called "Masterpiece " line.

If Hasbro and Takara don't take actions about their quality problem, fans will totally need another option, and there are A LOT OF option out there and you can see how fans are happy to pay more money for 3P with a similar quality of no so old official Transformers lines.

Problem is not retail price, problem is what you get for your money. Is really a surprise that Amazon is not selling all its Trypticon even at 100 ? not a secret the quality issues of Trypticon ! There are many better options out there for that 100!

Worse part is that Trypticon was a fan voted winner and fans got a defected toy.

20. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Grimlock currently available for $24.99, though on back-order. Only showed up for me when I went to "other sellers," but it is direct from Amazon.