The Amazon New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bossguy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dereka138

Dereka138 Well-Known Member

Slugslinger showed up today in a undersized box with the card folded to fit. Mosc collectors beaware

2. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Of course I'm serious!

Why do you think the current MSRP price is the right Price? Particularly when is OBVIOUS the cheap hollow plastic of current Transformers

Plus we need to pay a tax for the cheap plastic!

No a secret the issue with the dragons head because of the current low quality.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, to be honest, when I first read your post I just thought you were being a cheapskate. One of the pitfalls of being a member of Facebook groups. Biggest skinflints this side of Cheapoland.
    That said, I'm not saying it's the right price, just that it is the price. Again, in the mindset that you were being a cheapskate.

Now that you've responded and clarified, I understand your point of view better. I'm not sure they need to be $5.00 more than TR figures, but perhaps there's something going on behind the scenes we don't know about that requires a financial boost via higher prices. That said, some of the figures are deserving of the slightly higher price point. And I can't speak for everyone's Dragonstorm, and I know there are quite a few broken ones, but mine is actually a bit loose, thus saving the heads on mine from breaking. Mine is also a later run, so there's a good chance that Hasbro has fixed it for later shipments.

I can tell you that I don't regret my purchase, I can also tell you that while it's imperfect, it's a fun toy. Once you get all the twists and turns just right, it's a pretty smooth and easy transformation for a movie Leader Class Duocon.
    That said, I can't say you should go much over retail (if at all), I can't say you should even come close to what I paid, and if he's not exactly what you're looking for, I'm not going to make things up in the hopes you or anyone else will buy it.
    I do think he's worth the current range of store pricing, which is (on sale) $39.99 to $49.99 (MSRP), but since it's the tail end figure of the Premier Line, I don't know that I'd hold out hope for a sale anytime soon. He's a repack with Megatron and Megatron is already warming shelves something fierce. When a horrible repaint of a subpar Optimus sells better, there's something seriously wrong.

4. DarkEyes

Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout: 18.99 free shipping from Timmy's Toy Box on Amazon.

5. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

I jumped on that Kup for $15. Went with Timmy to save on tax.

6. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great...:mad: 

MIKE
    engledogg

7. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

So bloody tired of this...

8. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

Got my Slugslinger from Amazon yesterday. The box was packed worse than usual, but the figure fit inside with some packing bubbles. The thing was definitely not mosc but that was probably how Amazon received it.

9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Been playing a game of cat and mouse with Amazon since last night for Leader Dragonstorm, well I was just able to finally catch it at 50 dollars. YES!!! FINALLY!!! :rock 

10. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

I got pretty lucky with Slugslinger. I ordered 2 of him and both came in great shape. This was a 3rd party seller. Got them for 25.95 each.

11. DarkEyes

Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock, 14.99

12. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

Amazon fulfilled a Misfire from Timmy's Toybox-->all four corners on the card are curled and the bottom of the blister is crunched in.
    I'm an opener, so it's not the end of the world...but, a harumph from me nonetheless.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  14. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

Amazon (prior to shipping Misfire): "We didn't get a harumph outta that guy!"

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Got my Slugslinger today, thanks guys for keeping such a good eye on the stock.

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    The only time I've had cards folded was on my Gnaw and Kickback from Amazon. Otherwise stuff usually showed up okay.

Will have to check if it was Tommy's Toybox or not. That may be how they're able to "save money" on shipping.

17. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Slugslinger arrived in an oversized box with no padding but no damage to the card. Not concerned since I opened it anyway. But the strange thing is somehow the instruction booklet was loose and floating around in front of the figure.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I got my slugslinger from Amazon today by mail and when I opened it pure crush city. It's a good thing I don't collect for a sealed copy. If I did I would be (s.o.l) on this figure card back because it was crushed and bent. The figure was fine and not broke thank god.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, slugslinger in a box a little too small. Toy fine but card bent on the edges.

20. Eleyre

Eleyre Well-Known Member

Slugslinger is back to $19.99 on Amazon.