The Amazing Spiderman(2012 Toyline) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, May 25, 2012.

1. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    That's the only figure I have from this line, but I think it's great. I'd definitely say it's worth $5.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really like this suit design. I just want to get the best toy representation of it, and wasn't sure if the small one was it.

Is the 6" version worth it? He would fit with my Venom figure, but then again I really don't care if he does (part of me is really hoping we get Venom in this reboot continuity at some point). Also, even if I got the 6" Spider-Man figure, I would pass on the Lizard. I liked how he looked in-movie, but it's a design that did not translate well to toy-form...at all.

Ok. I might have to go back to Walmart soon then, lol...

Any more in-put?

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    The 6" Spidey fig is pretty perfect figure as well. It's only missing like one or two points of articulation that the 3.75" has. They packed alot of articulation and detail on those two. The rest of the 3.75" line sucks royal ass.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm not going to rush out and get it now...even if I probably should...I might get a chance to get out there tomorrow.

Anyways, I've been looking at some of the other versions available, and was wondering what the general consensus on the Marvel Select version is? The reviews I've seen of it are pretty mixed. Main reason I'm considering it, is because I'm also considering getting some other MS figures, like the Venom and Iron Man mkXLII coming out next year.

Either way, I'll still probably pick up the 3-3/4" figure...if I can still get it for five bucks. If nothing else, it'll make for a nice figure to fiddle with.

5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    The MS movie Spidey has pretty awesome articulation, it has screen accurate eyes as well. I like the white eyes the Hasbro figs have, so I opted for that, but other than the price difference, the MS figure has alot of nice detailing and the same points of articulation as the Hasbro one, including ankle rockers, and alternate hands.

6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I love the Marvel Select Spidey, but the weblines on his costume are twice as thick as they should be, and the blue's an entirely wrong shade. I LIKE that shade of blue more, but it's not movie-accurate. I think it's a great figure (I actually prefer it over the Hasbro one,) but it does have some cosmetic issues. Personally, I'd recommend buying the Hasbro 6" Spidey and the Marvel Select Lizard. Lizard's packaging makes his head look kind of bizarre, but it's an impressive figure once you get him out of the packaging (although the tail's too short.)

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Haven't seen the movie since it was in theaters, so my memory might be a little off, but I don't recall the eyes being gold in the movie itself. That was just something used on the promo stuff...

I was kinda hoping that people's cameras were over-exentuating the weblines... and that they were thinner in-person...

I was also kind of hoping people were over-exaggerating the blue being the wrong shade...

I'm normally not...anal about accuracy, but this is one case that I would much rather have an accurately colored Spidey.

I'm going to give 6" Spidey a closer look the next time I'm in Walmart (didn't get a chance to get out there today). I'm also kind of considering the MS Lizard. He's definitely the best representation of the design, but I doubt I'll get him. If I get the chance to see it in-person, that might convince me...

Assuming he's still available by the time I get back out to Walmart, I'm still definitely getting the Ultra-Poseable figure. I might even keep it on-card. Not really because I think it'll be valuable some day, but I don't really have any other figures in this scale...that I display anyways, and it might look good displayed on-card. The packaging actually does look kinda nice.

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    They were slightly gold-ish in the movie, it doesn't translate very well over to plastic, to me, the Hasbro Spidey's eyes look much better.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember them having a very silvery mirror look to them, which did reflect yellow lights at times...Again, my memory could be fooling me.

Either way, there are other things wrong with the Select version, so I'll probably pass on it. Which is sad, as it really should be the definitive version, but the more I dig into reviews of it, the worse it looks... I'll give the Walmart 6" version a better look over the next time I'm there.

Again, thanks for the in put guys, and sorry for pretty much dominating the topic of the thread for a while, lol...

10. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, the blue does look better in person than pics make it look, but it's still too light if you want dead on. That and the weblines to me make it look like a comic book interpretation of the movie character. Which, for me is fine. I'm certainly happy with mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the 3.75" Ultrapose for 5 bucks is a steal.

11. sh002

sh002 Banned

They should release a comic series Lizard in the 3.75" line

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually went out BF shopping. Wasn't planning to, but got the chance and took it. Stopped by a Walmart I don't go to often, and they had the Spidey figs for five bucks. Found the last Ultra-Poseable Spider-Man they had and couldn't pass it up. Pretty good looking figure. I don't really have anything else in-package, nor do I really have any other figures I display that are in this scale, so I'll be leaving him on his card. The packaging actually looks kinda nice, so that helps too.

Took a decent glance at the 6" figure...and I wasn't really impressed. It's nice, but not something I feel the need to buy. If I ever see it on clearance...I might pick it up, but for now I'll stick with the small one.

I want to get a look at the Marvel Select version sometime. That way I can say I've given it a proper chance. Who knows, it might look good enough in-person to convince me to buy it...Though I'm not sure of any stores around here that would have it. Maybe TRU, but they're stock is unpredictable...especially this time of the year.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
  14. sh002

sh002 Banned

This would have been a great opportunity to release different comic series villians that we haven't seen.

15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Exactly. Comic Lizard, maybe even a reissue from the Spiderman Sinister 6 set by Toy Biz or Fearsome Foes, I forgot the name. Also a new Scarlet Spider, Spiderman 2099, et al.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    To be honest they should have just included the web lines and "thwip" hand from the 1st figure and just released this figure in wave 1. The base body is basically the same, and this one includes the masked head too. The only reasons to get the 1st one are the weblines and "thwip" hand.