The Amazing Shrinking Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HopelessHavoc, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

I wish they never made the deluxes smaller. ALthough the toys look amazing! Still, the size of prime cliffjumper really disappointed me. People say stuff about production costs, but wasn't it revealed that these things only take a few cents to make?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah.... it's all economic

Everything Hasbro designs has a targeted price point and an overall budget. Everything that can be done takes away from that budget. Electronics and other gimmicks, accessories, part count, overal tooling costs, types of plastic, paint, packaging, raw materials and shipping.

Yes, they designers can engineer a more complex toy that uses more pieces but then they have to divert funds from another aspect of the toy like a smaller size, less paint, removal of accesories. but no matter what the toy has to meet that budget or things get nixed

economics

3. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

not to be a troll, couldn't resist the topic title, "thats what she said"

4. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

Maybe looking at the same characture would help out some. I display mine by characture and you can see differences. To me though, most notably is how small the G1 figures were up until about the third year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. ike_ike

ike_ike Autocon

i don't suppose anyone has a nice comparison image of every bumblebee /cheetor/ AEC hotshot figure ever?

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, but I have enough of those figures to shoot an incredibly biased picture starting from a G2 minibot & going all the way up to a battle ops Bee.

... but since I don't feel like transforming the big dude, fucking up my display, charging my camera batteries, or bothering with any of this to troll a thread, I'll just let it slide. :) 

7. Tracer

Tracer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's hope, but don't forget the movie figures shrunk from one movie to the next.

8. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good man! It would only fuel some other fan to dig out his Scorponok collection to show how he's shrunk from a huge g1 to a tiny cyberverse targetmaster, so I'm happy you don't - just no need for forum bickering.

+1 to your attitude, sir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.