The Alternate Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    What costumes do you want?

Personally I want movie costumes, G1 costumes and Animated costumes. Actually I want all TV series costumes, but that won't happen.

What do you want?

2. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    I'd love to play as Wasp, basically Bumblebee with a new head and green.

Same team costumes? Cliffjumper, Ultra Magnus, Huffer.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    do they wear costumes? :3

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't want any skins that are just different color schemes. They're a waste of time in my mind. (ROTF Bumblebee into Stealth Bumblebee in the ROTF game.) If you're gonna do something like the Seekers or Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, just make them different characters altogether.

If there are skins, I want them to actually change the character and his/her abilities, such as ROTF Prime into G1 Prime in the ROTF game.

5. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason I thought this was about costumes in the Alternity. In that case...wow, um... how about a Unicron as a hat? I'm sure there could be other insane Alternity costume choices.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Interesting way of stating it. I'm going to assume you mean alternate/bonus character models.

I think it's probably a good chance that they may have a few G1 models as unlockable content.
    TFA game models would be pretty trippy, but seems less likely, though.

Since Meg's a space tank in the game, it'd actually be kinda neat if his bonus model was G2 based.

7. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I don't think I'd want Animated skins in WFC. Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Animated, but I can't see the style working working out well.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Well obviously it's not going to happen. But hypothetically if it did, it'd only be as a goofy bonus type thing. Much like G1 models, which really wouldn't fit in the games art style either.

9. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Obviously.

But the G1 models actually worked well in the ROTF game, at least I think they did. But Prime was kinda doofy looking.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Eeeeh...The seeker model, maybe. But not really.

In anycase, it doesn't really matter if bonus models fit into the style of the game or not, since they're just novelties stuck in there for fun.

11. Mechafire

News Credits:
    True, I guess.

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Something just occured to me that we might get ROTF skins.

EDIT: Nevermind, they can only use those designs and such in the Movie Line.

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I think that the G1 models are too close to the War for Cybertron models to be used as alt skins. Maybe the movie forms are better suited seeing how the average non Transformers fan identifies that as their favorite part of Transformers

14. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Seeker recolors, and probably Prime in his movie colors (probably not going to happen, but imagine how awesome that would be).

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think this game will have movie skins/customs. This game is doing its best to be as different as possible from Michael Bay’s Transformers; you can see it in the designs and hear it in the voices of the developers in the interviews given.

It should also be noted that a completely different studio, High Moon Studios, is developing this game; Activision is only its distributor.

I wouldn't mind G1 skins, but I wonder if they’d look as good as the ones built. Rather than using the ones already in existence, High Moon Studios went out of their way to reinvent these classic characters. Would the G1 look (untouched) look good with the detail given to the games backgrounds? If you’re going to touch up the old look, why not use the new ones, which aren’t too different from the classic look anyway? The concept art and the final product look pretty different. The final versions look closer to the classic look, imo. I can’t wait to see the rest of them. Starscream looks much better than I thought he would!