The Allspark, The Matrix and The Pillars

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meggamus, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I have a few questions about these items

1. Why does bumblebee make cube get smaller , was there any reason for that? (apart from making it easier for sam to carry)

2. Why do the pillars float when they are in the crash vault with sentinel? , they weren't activated . Then as soon as the control pillar is deactivated in chicago, it falls to the ground

Those were the main ones I had apart from "why does the matrix float ?" but since it is an overwhelming source of power I can understand

If you have any queries bout these , feel free to use this thread :thumb 

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As someone else pointed out, it seems to be a recurring theme that (most) Cybertronian technology seems to float. Why? I don't know. Wizards or aliens, I'm assuming.

Nothing in the movies is out-and-out stated to explain them, and quite frankly, there doesn't really need to be. They're mystical alien objects/super advanced alien technology that can revive dead beings and transport planets through time and space. It wouldn't surprise me if "anti-gravity thruster-science-math-doohickeys" were built in.

The simple answer is: Because Michael Bay.

3. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Bumblebee made the cube smaller because, HOW WERE THEY GOING TO CARRY IT?! That thing was huge and heavy, so Bumblebee made it smaller so Sam could carry it.

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I don't think there was a reason to shrink the Allspark apart from making it easier to move.

Like Sentinel says, the space bridge defies our laws of physics, so it makes sense to me that the pillars wouldn't necessarily obey them either.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with the pillars floating I thought it was some sort of magnetic field thing that Sentinel kind of was putting out there like TFA Ratchet had that ability, basically kind of like Magneto.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I would've thought it was the lesser gravity of the moon, but it seems that telekinesis is a power exclusive to the Primes. The Fallen used it at the pyramid in ROTF; Optimus and Sentinel both hover the Matrix between them at sunset; and Sentinel uses it to spread out the Pillars at his Chicago rooftop base.

Then again, it may just simply be the lesser gravity of the Moon, and the fact no one was controlling them. In Chicago the Control Pillar falls to the ground simply because of the heavier gravity of Earth.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The reason he makes it smaller is to carry it, however it has the power to create matter from energy. It stands to reason it could do the reverse.

They float when active/in standby and in proximity to Cybertronians. Whenever they're around humans they're inert. There's three different settings they all seem to have: off/inert where they're just objects, standby where they're powered and floating but not actually transporting, and activated when they are.

8. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

1)so Sam can be a hero,and carry it around
    2)Moon's gravity is lower than on Earth,so they are somewhat lighter. but that dont explain why it floats around instead of eventually landing on the ground.
    3)the Matrix floats so that the movie looks for sci-fi ish. its boring for Optimus to reach inside his chest and grab it,then pass it onto Sentinel's hands

9. Meggamus

another:
    when Sentinel was talking to optimus in NEST and optimus says "you saved 5 of them including the control pillar" and then sentinel says "5! we used to have hundreds", then when sam found out from the cosmonauts and told mearing later on in the film , why did it come as a suprise to both of them? , they were both in the room when sentinel said "we used to have hundreds"

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He probably thought they were destroyed. Sentinel's reaction is more an agahst "We've lost so many?" Rather than "Where are the others?" And even so nothing was said that the Decepticons even knew of the Ark at that point, so there's no reason to think they had been stolen, just lost or destroyed.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Its strange....I can't quite explain how the pillars were able to float in the crash vault other than the fact that there is no gravity in space... :rolleyes2 

12. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you look closely at that scene again, I'm pretty sure the pillar is still floating after it falls, just in a horizontal position. I could be wrong though.

13. Meggamus

^is this sarcasm?

14. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Like TylerMirage said, it's an alien technology. It doesn't need to be explained. Especially when it's explanation really has no effect on the movie.

Besides, the Space Bridge Pillars? They can turn into a pony for all I care - they're a teleportation system. Like there's nothing implausible about THAT.

"We used to have hundreds!"

Mearing (and everyone else at that matter) took that as "the other hundreds of pillars are destroyed". Sam simply discovered that the Decepticons actually have them.

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Thanks. :thumb 

(*P.S. "We once had hundreds!" is the exact quote.)

Yeah, Sam and Mearing were only privy to the information that there were once hundreds of pillars. No one ever said anything about where they were or who had them, hence the surprise when the cosmonauts told them.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So after the whole debacle about "NO MASS SHIFTING" being so important to the Bayverse, how come the Allspark essentially mass shifting doesn't get talked about more?

17. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I think it's a matter of how it mass shifts. "Mass shifting" in the G1 sense was a 30 foot tall Megatron transforming and shrinking down into an alt mode that's 1/10th of the size it should be. A GIANT robot transforming into a VERY SMALL gun.

The AllSpark "mass shifting" in the first film is different (I, personally, don't even count it as "mass shifting" in the same sense). It basically collapses in on itself in those little cube-shapes. A giant mystical artifact that folds in on itself from a GIANT cube into a LITTLE cube is different/slightly more acceptable (in my opinion), than if say, Soundwave transformed into a 18 foot tall boombox that then proceeded to shrink down to a regular sized boombox.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not sure if serious.

19. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

what happened to the pillars after SP dies

20. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

be like g1 tf 's ulitme doom mini series