The Allspark Chest Conundrum

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RoadBuster88, Apr 17, 2012.

1. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

I just watched TF1 again, definitely the best in terms of story and awesomeness.

However...

I was thinking, Sam sticks the Allspark near Megatron's chest, which of course kills him. Does this mean that Megatron or any robot can't really hold it near their chest because it kills them?

I understood Prime "opening" his chest to reveal his "heart" area, but Megatron wasn't opening his. Bee also seemed fine near it...

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Megatron was damaged and leaking glowing energon all over, he's was probably "open" to attack. It also doesn't help that Sam forcably shoved it towards his chest. Sudden motions are what makes the Allspark release it's energy, hence the Dewbot, Steering wheel and 360 bot.

3. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam was shoving it into Megatron's chest..the only reason it 'broke down' to fly up into hsi chest is because.. production wise, Sam couldn't reach that high and secondly, I'm not sure how a human's hands would do inside the spark of a transformer.. Optimus and Bee weren't shoving the cube inside themselves...so yeah.

4. RoadBuster88

I guess Megatron being kinda damaged lends it a bit more sense i suppose.

5. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what's weird was the allspark killled him yet a shard of it brought him back to life??? WEIRD

6. RoadBuster88

Haha it is odd! I was also thinking, why was everything from the Allspark coming out evil? Shouldn't they be neutral? I'm sure this has been covered before so I expect a repost from somewhere :p 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    No it's not. The Allspark is pure energy. An entire cubes worth of energy in his spark caused it to overload. However, a little bit of allspark energy would be enough to revive him once he was repaired.

Think of it as drowning verses having a glass of water. Or being struck by lightning verses being brought back with a defib... defribu... shock paddles.

In fact, that's the very basis of Beast Wars. Energon is good, but the radiation from a planet's worth will overload and short out an unprotected robot in minutes.

More times than you could imagine, it's practically a monthly thing, but the general consensus is it's not evil, just feral and animal like from essentially being created on the spot and having no idea what anything is.

8. RoadBuster88

I can run with that :)  They could have it where Transformers created from human technology become beast formed, like scorpions, spiders etc and hatchlings that they breed come in humanoid form. That way, we know why they come in different forms! A theory anyway...as how would something that has been alive for milliseconds know what to transform into?...

9. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This. Think the Cloverfield monster.

10. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

There was a somewhat visible hole in Megatron's chest that likely led to his spark chamber, that he received right before he was overloaded by the AllSpark - Lennox is seen making that blast, right before Megatron runs toward Sam and Optimus trips him with his arm.

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

All those years of unhealthy eating caught up to him. The Cube was just the final push.

13. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

how did they find out its bad for their sparks in the first place

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

Because it seems like a real good idea to shove an object with so much energy that it created your race and planet into your chest. That's like eating your microwave.

15. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain he opened up his chest to try and absorb it. That's the way it looked to me.

16. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Word!

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Or shoving God into your top pocket. Look at how dumb Unicron was in the G1 movie to actually go and eat the thing he knew could destroy him.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It was pretty well-established in the film that Cybertronian forms simply weren't thought to be capable of containing that much energy, and that trying to do so had a good chance of death and a near-certain chance ot destroying the cube.

edit: However, how the cube worked was pretty ill-defined, maybe it was assumed the cube would know what people were trying to do and destroy itself?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Bumblebee held it close to his chest when it shrunk and he wasn't affected.

20. RoadBuster88

Yea thats one of the things I didnt understand. Perhaps it was coz he wasnt damaged or "opening" himself at it.