The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't understand why Bruce "just wants to be left alone." His cousin is having a nervous breakdown because she thinks he's dead, and he has a whole support network of Avengers who care about him and would offer to help him.

2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I thought Banner was a genius in gamma radiation. Stark does mechanics and inventions, Richard is the main genius of the Marvel Universe.

Bruce never can call anyone to help him. As sincere and compassionate as people are to him, if things get bad they have to get rid of him, either exile or death. That's part of being the Hulk.

But maybe he should meet Jen, see if they can work something out.

4. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Only thing I really care about is his newfound unkillable status, makes the Hulk more dangerous then he’s ever been. And there’s not much you could do about that. Just look at Doomsday.

5. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

that, the art and the epilogue where all i liked about this issue, no wait the room mate part was fun too.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
  7. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    yea....they've teased this off and on the whole time since OMD. when they're back together is when i'll believe it.....

even then....we'll see...

it's just that i've been reading old 90s spidey comics...i just went through the whole maximum carnage story for fun....i really miss adult peter that doesn't act like some directionless moron and their marriage. her pushing him to be his best superhero was great. i missed it. it needs to return. this version of peter needs to grow the fuck up again.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, nothing engenders drama like knowing your main character is absolutely safe under any circumstances whatsoever.

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Yeah....Quesada’s reasoning for ending the marriage (fans can’t relate to a married Spider-Man) was what turned about half the fans away, I myself have only read Spider-Man in passing since then.......but now, if they could reverse Mephisto’s deal (which Mephisto taunting Spidey with the knowledge already skirts on the deal), and somehow get things to almost where we where before Civil War, I may read regularly again.......with the Back to Basics approach (Marvel once again making Spider-Man the focal character, hopefully the X-Men without the heavy baggage (I predict that most of the Time Displaced Team will be gone, except Cyclops, who I hope maybe they somehow merge the two Cyclops’ (they could put the soul in the younger body somehow, especially if the younger version maybe becomes a blank and age him closer up to the original version......)

10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    they really need to clean the x-men up next....all these time displaced reality displaced guys gotta go...the original five need to go back, jimmy hudson needs to go, old man logan should go now that middle aged man logan is back, bloodstorm needs to go...it's just too many of the same character. we have like five wolverines. i wasn't into amadaus cho as hulk but slimming him down and rebranding him as 'brawn' is a good move. all these characters that share names with other characters need a name change....young wasp needs a different name unless janet retired which..did that happen? she's been mia or a minute...miles needs a different name too. i mean it worked in the ultimate universe but two spider-men? come on....it's just way too many variations of the same characters in the same universe. it's stupid really...

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Pretty much this - I believe that was one of the few good things they did in Heroes Reborn - where all the smartest people in the Marvel Universe knew each other - and each had more or less a specialty. While Reed I believe is still considered the smartest man in the MU, a lot of comics particularly during the 80s and 90s really did stories where guys like Reed, Tony, Bruce, Hank etc would consult each other depending on the field of expertise.

Agree, especially on the X-Men, no way they're getting new readers to stick around if everything is so covoluted, and that's considering the X-Men are already convoluted enough as they were before the last 5-6 years or so of multiple versions of characters running around.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    If the deal for fox goes through expect a fix to become a priority. They will want to get them on track for the MCU reboot.

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    True - but they already brought the FF back. Hopefully the X-Men fix won't take too long - at the rate they're relaunching and mixing teams up - you know the they're desperate need of a good fix.

14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how the avengers treated him like trash in the early days yet he was in the defenders just fine with no trouble for over 100 issues!

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, they had issues. Hulk would get pissed and storm off for long stretches. But the whole idea of the Defenders was being a non-team anyway. They were more like a hang, but then some kind of trouble would come find them. They definitely were nicer to him, though. Especially Hellcat and Valkyrie. And Strange, I guess, although Hulk would get irritated at him anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Why is it the X-Men have to be so damn complicated? Not even the Marvel cosmic is as complicated!

17. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Much of it supposedly has to do with Marvel trying to take certain characters off the table so Fox wouldn’t get good stories out of them. Not sure if their game plan was also to just make the X-Men less desirable but it certainly worked. Of course they didn’t take into account that Fox really didn’t do a great job of adapting great X-stories anyway.

18. Omegashark18

News Credits:
  19. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    So wait, you think they took Wolverine off the table for Fox by... using 4 other versions of the same character? Lol.

I like the costume.

20. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Didn’t say that’s what I thought, I said supposedly, which I think I should have clarified as based on rumors, because yeah it us a bit silly to take off Wolverine when Fox still has access to a lot of other great Wolvie stories.