The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Tony Stark is rekindling his relationship with Janet Van Dyne in the new Iron Man book.

I like how archaic the solicit is. "You wanted to know who the book's love interest is going to be?" Well no, it's 2018. A love interest is something I neither expect not require.

2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Here's some my favorite covers since we haven't had the usual dump.
    Avengers #7 (Spider-Man Video Game variant)
    [​IMG]
    Thor #5 (which promises Aaron's three favorite things: Thor, Wolverine, and people who are the Phoenix)
    [​IMG]
    Amazing Spider-Man Annual (going back to Peter's early - and subconscious - nights with Venom)
    [​IMG]
    Captain Marvel #3 (god damn you Anka and your stupid gloves)
    [​IMG]
    Ms Marvel #34 (I think)
    [​IMG]

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

What's up with the Epic Collections on Amazon for the Kindle? I went to see if there were any sales, and it looks like the prices went up! They all seem to be $19.99 or higher now.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That was my only guess, anyway.

Hooray for asexual millennials. Hopefully this trend continues and spreads, and the human race vanishes from the Earth within a few generations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Apparently basic human emotion and social building blocks like falling in love are now "archaic" :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    First issue of the new Iron Man, we’ve got two new armors right out of the gate.

The giant Fin Fang Foombuster and the tiny Nano Iron Man. In addition to the new main one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Now come on. You know in an Iron Man book love has nothing to do with it. The editors have a dart board labeled "woman" that they use to see who Tony hooks up with each year.

(Also the Human Race will die out in a few generations regardless of what millennials do because it was doomed by decisions made well before we were born, but that's none of my business).

8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Someone was telling me about the human race going extinct the other day. Crazy time to be alive

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    I’ve noticed something, some comics still have their Legacy numbering as sub numbering. For example, Avengers #3 has LGY #693 underneath it.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Yup. Well we'll see when they stop then try to add it all up again (using titles that should or shouldn't like last time) just to hit that milestone lol

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Is there something about Gambit that allows Rogue to be able to touch/kiss him? Seems like it only started in one of the X-titles.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure. She had full control of her powers for a couple years, then there was some stuff in Avengers that I didn't read and now I think she has some control of her powers plus a new version of her flight/super strength (although she sadly didn't put Carol Danvers back into a coma to get them).

14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so...how bout that x-men wedding issue huh?

15. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not worth the hype. But watch as it gets hard to find or buy at cover price.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    So according to the new Venom comic, the mythological monster Grendel was a symbiote. Sounds cool.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked it. Good character moments and great art; easily the best issue of the series, even with all the editorial mandates.

18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mild rant incoming...

it had good moments up until the wedding itself then it was the same typical poorly worded excuse for why two characters that should be together won't be. they've been doing it with nightwing and batgirl for years over in DC and they just did it here. "i love you. i want to be with you. i want to marry you. but wow this life huh? can't possibly make it work." so they don't and then spin their wheels until the next time they need relationship drama between two heroes. take the next step for a change. i swear marvel just sucks with character relationships since one more day. by ending one of the best marriages in marvel seemed to just take the love out of the whole universe.

it's the same ol b.s. to keep characters apart for.....reasons. then cucklossus over there just takes it with a smile and it doesn't seem to wreck him the way it should a normal person. he never should have shown back up after he asked nightcrawler to bamf him away. he should have made a return in an issue or two. this issue was basically a lie and was a whole bait and switch. i don't know why they did all this to keep peter and kitty apart just to let rogue and gambit marry....which i'm totally okay with. finally marvel is allowing a relationship again. i just don't know why it wasn't a twofer. boy i hope this at least makes things awkward for kitty and peter going forward. to just go on next issue like this never happened shouldn't be. it should strain their relationship until it's reconciled properly. love stories have their place in comics...often it shows character growth....for the life of me i don't know why marvel seems to be afraid of it.

not to mention how out of character this is for kitty....i mean from the start it's been her and peter. and when it strays it always goes back to him. their reasoning for ending this wedding is just weak. it's always weak. i touched on it before but dammit...if that reason is good enough to keep these two apart then NO ONE in the x-men or the marvel universe should get married. the problems kitty and peter had is the same shit every one else goes through. like rogue and gambit don't go through the same crap.

but at least one couple finally got together....let's see how long it lasts.

and is wolverine ever going to be at an x-men wedding or is he just going to watch all of them from the shadows like a creeper? i understand him not wanting to be there for scott and jean's wedding but come on logan....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    That wizard came from the moon.