The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Well that's disappointing. Personally I was hoping they'd finally get rid of the O5 teens and streamline the storylines a bit, but all it seems is that they're redressing the current X-Titles. Still hoping the X-books will finally be free from the shackles Marvel's placed on them but not holding my breath.

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Jeff Lemire wasn't really the overall problem. He's a good writer, as I mentioned earlier, he just has shit to work with when it comes to X-Men. Lemire is killing it on both Moon Knight and Old Man Logan. You let him do what he wants to do without an editorial mandate and he can do good stuff. He was given X-Men and they held him back by taking so much shit off the table and forcing everything else down his throat.

As long as the X-Men books are so fragmented and having to deal with the same stupid issues, the books will likely continue to be bad.

Kitty as a team leader over Storm is a bizarre choice, and I really don't agree with the whole "readers have always felt like Jean Grey should have been the leader!" And the whole "Magneto is a good guy" thing has been done to death. This is just going to be more of the same shit under a different name.

The available roster for these books is so small. I'd have been more excited if Rogue came back to lead the team instead of Kitty. Or they brought Beast back to the fold. Maybe throw in Gambit or Bishop. The Extraordinary X-Men team is one of the more boring teams the X-Men have had imo.

Also, double shipping at $4, this thing will hemorrhage sales when people realize it's just the same old crap. Who is gonna pay $8 a month for this?

3. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Agree, having to put up with all the Inhuman crap seriously weighed down the X-titles. Not sure why Marvel took so long to figure things out. That said, I agree that the X-books need to have a direction set for all titles, a compelling and interesting one. Just look at DC Rebirth - all it took was that one shot to get everyone excited again. Not all DC Rebirth titles have been that interesting, but because people are shown the plan, and the seeds are being planted now, they've bought in for the long haul. Heck even the 90s X-relaunch had somewhat of a direction (the numerous mutant teams and some lost members finally coming together again after years of going off on their own and getting proactive about threats), even though it got quickly derailed due to the Image exodus and Claremont leaving.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I didn't even realize that was Kitty on the gold team. I thought it was some new boy.

Also, why is Wolverine so old?

And why are the original five so young? They should be the older looking ones.

5. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Wolverine is old because that's Old Man Logan, a Wolverine from an alternate future. The original 5 are also time lost (possibly alternate universe) versions of the original X-Men, who've actually been running around for a few years now. If that sounds bad and confusing, that's because it is. The X-Men seriously needs to get back to basics again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

What a major let down. All of this is gonna tank so hard, especially that solo Iceman series. Call me when uncanny omnibus vol 4 is released, I'm going read Fatal Attractions again.

7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    O5 X-Men is bad but Old Man Logan is good! I'd be perfectly fine if they left regular Logan dead and buried for awhile. It's a more raw Wolverine than we've seen in quite awhile and the solo series consistently receives praise. I'm not a real big fan of him on Extraordinary X-Men though, they should have just left him in his solo book. He works a lot better as a solo act.

The next arc has him interacting with Jubilee and I'm pretty pumped. The artwork by Andrea Sorrentino is unreal too.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked having the original X-Men visit the present for awhile, but they really need to go back at some point. I'm increasingly convinced that Marvel is never going to actually return them to the past.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i'm just going to go back under my covers and read the comics from 50 years ago. :lol 

BTW, has the Timely Cap run been collected? All I seem to be able to find is the Marvel run. Even Epic Collection Volume 1 seems to not be the Timely stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    They really ARE doing excellent work with Old Man Logan.

Out of curiosity, have they ever done anything more with the new team he starts up in the future with his Hulk-baby after he's all grown up? I think all I ever saw about it was in a few issues of Millar's (awesome) run on "Fantastic Four" with Bryan Hitch.

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So now that there are descriptions out for the new X-Men series, I'm going to give Gold a shot after its first paperback comes out.

Oh, and I just learned that there are going to be like 3 new Spider-Man Omnibuses next year. :music :music 

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So does anyone know when cheapgraphicnovels allow preorders? I want the Morbius cover to Spider-Man Volume 3, but it just says out of stock. Amazon also only shows the regular cover but not the Morbius one.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
  17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

18. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The new Venom sucks and I hate it already. .

19. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All new x-men cyclops vs cyclops!

[​IMG]

Gwenpool

[​IMG]

Nova

[​IMG]