The All Encompassing Official ROTF Mysterious “Eyes” Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, Dec 16, 2008.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What we have considered to be the fallens eye's I believe is actually soundwave's face. What has been considered his eye's is actually his face plate which is clearly visible in the pictures, the top left corner is his eye. At the center where the box would hang on the rack is the center of his head as well. Check it out I think this is pretty logical. A thread was closed about this but I think that guy was on to something. Soundwaves face plate = the fallens eyes, just sayin.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

If that is what Jetfire even remotely looks like I'm going to be pissed. As for the eyes I don't see why it matters.

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i don't think so, i've laid the two over the top of each other in photoshop and there is nothing at all in common between them really. also that's not the best image to use for reference, if you look at the movie superion box that has a nice high-res image where you can clearly see that it's glowing eyes.

4. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    Look in the top left corner my friend. Everything north of the "eyes" I believe is the real picture here. It may not be soundwave but there is clearly more to that than what you're saying.

5. optimusdestruction

News Credits:
    attachment.jpg

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now, I kinda see Fallen's eyes... IN THE JETFIRE TOY!

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Soundwave is not the Fallen and that is not Soundwave's face in the background.

8. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    I made a post about who's face that could be but for some reason it was closed. I think they thought I was rehashing the old "is this the fallen" post about the face at the bottom.... After looking at the face on the top corner I believe it's just like the autobot logo from the first movie that had the eye in it. you know the one we ALL speculated about for weeks. But I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.

9. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Thats not Soundwave. Thats the robot with flames :bay 

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

looks like its just a design, i do not believe that its anyones face. The "eyes" that people have said resemble the fallens dont even actually resemble the fallens eyes at all.....they are just glowing lines/shapes...theres no indication that they are a face...and even on the slight chance that im wrong and it is a face, its not going to be what the face of any character int he movie looks like anyways...the image is way to blurry on the box so using it to get a "glimpse" of whats to come is pointless

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    bottom out give it a rest, you can see it even more clearly on this packaging design, can you explain a reason why they would to go such lengths of giving central prominence in a design to a couple of glowing lines and shapes?

i don't doubt that there would be some similarities between the fallen and the soundwave, the fallen does look like it has large pointy bits on his head.. this is the image i have in my head at the moment of what he looks like -

[​IMG]

12. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

The soundwave toy here (Deluxe class?) looks great.
    The Jetfire toy seems to be something smaller than Deluxe class. The design looks indeed
    trashy :( 
    G1 Jetfire toy was a Robotech/Macross-like robot which look much nicer.
    Hope the movie Jetfire and maybe voyager class looks much better then.

13. Bottom Out

yes i can...becuase the central prominence in this design is the "transformers" logo...you can barely even notice see the "eyes" on this box that you claim was given central prominence..so do you have an explaination as to why such an important aspect of this box art was designed in a way that says "im not important"

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i'm an experienced professional designer myself, i do know what i'm talking about. if you want to give prominence to something then putting it right in the centre right underneath the logo is a pretty good way of doing it

[​IMG]

15. Bottom Out

as am I, but that really doesnt matter since no amount of schooling can actually teach what comes naturally to so many people. Anyways, you do NOT achieve any sort of prominance by using an abstract design like what is seen under the transformers logo. A few things: First, spider-mans eyes are iconic...the "eyes" of the fallen are unknown to society. Second, in your example of spider-man his eye are very crisp and defined, the "eyes" ont he box are everything but crisp and defined, thats why some dont even believe they are eyes at all. 3rd, spider man is red on a white background which draws in your attention, the design on the box is barely even noticable in the pic im quoting you on...and thats with you cutting out the entire bottom 60% of the box...the design is lost within the rest of the red and black random shapes on the box

Again, nothing about the image suggests that it is eyes or that it is of any importance..unless you, or someone else, can explain how it does suggest importance I'm going to have to ask you why would the designers of the box create a centerpiece that states "i am not important?"

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The thing is though, the design just doesn't seem random at all, it seems very deliberate.

17. Bottom Out

most designs are deliberate, designs arent just random bits all over the place

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    a. your bay/designers thread hardly backs your claim of any design knowledge
    b. it's not abstract, try looking at the high-res version on the superion packaging
    c. they are only unknown because these are leaked images from a film that isn't out yet
    d. it isn't crisp and defined because its a blurry photo, try looking at the high-res version on the superion packaging
    e. the bottom 60% is the toy
    f. ran⋅dom [ran-duhm] –adjective 1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern. there is nothing in the packaging that this describes.
    g. it has already been explained in very simple terms
    h. don't you have something better to do than keep trying argue this in every thread that comes up about the fallen?

there's no way that anyone can know 100% wether that character is the fallen or not at the moment unless they totally believe the insider, but to use words like 'random' and 'abstract' is just absurd.

19. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2 

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i'm sure he'll look something like that at least.. but have a look at the legends scale megatron from the first movie, it only bore a passing resemblance to the larger toys or the movie representation.