The agony of waiting (for orders)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was at BBTS preordering Inferno (YAY) and i actually bought TFU Hound and Silverstreak.
    that was a week ago.
    The site says my order was paid and waiting to enter the warehouse.
    I have ordered from them before and never had to wait a week for an order to be shipped with items that are in stock.

so, wtf? on that.

and then, to distract me on being angry, i saw that they have dropped the $$$ on Encore Omega Supreme down to less than $75.
    so now i am sweating bullets waiting until I can afford that at the end of the month.

I so want OS, and am happy he's cheap now. but man, the pressure and the calendar...
    and i want my Hound figure already.

and speaking of unbearable waiting, has there been any announcement when Inferno is being released?

...patience ain't my virtue, ya know.

Ironically, i am considering to use the "Pile of Loot" option starting next month just to save on shipping.
    odds are against me waiting a month for like 5 figures, but we'll see.

anyone else going through the agony of waiting for a preorder or a current order to ship like me?

2. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i know that feeling, i usually order alot from hong kong etc as i mainly buy henkei so a week/week and a half can go by before i get anything and i hate it. i have to force myself to not stalk the postman for my parcels. ive ordered henkei dirge and thrust and honest the wait is driving my mad!

3. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

I ordered my Inferno from HTS. I'm on a 8 day wait, man "o" man I can't wait 26$ not bad considering I spend 10$ traveling around argueing with retail store employees.

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    BBTS is, for whatever reason (probably the recent holidays), extrememly backed up and behind on orders right now. I live very close to their warehouse and typically get my item delivered two days after I order, sometimes next day. The last order I placed was Monday of this week and it's still on 'Paid' status. I emailed them to ask if they are backed up and they replied confirming that they are and that my item should ship today or tomorrow.

They've been backed up several times in the past, and every time I've emailed they tend to suddenly get my item shipped...so perhaps they put some kind of priority on orders where the customer contacts them or makes a complaint? In any case, if you've been waiting for a while just email them, they're nice folks.

5. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Last year, actually, now it's two years ago... anyway, after xmas 07 I ordered Leader Brawl from Epic Heroes.com. Big mistake. It didn't even open up again until mid Jan, then started to process the order. The wait... oh god... the wait! :( 

And yeah, I begin to start to never leave the house when i'm expecting. Not even for a minute. I've been known to sit in a chair and read tfw ALL DAY whilst I wait for a package.

I have no life. :D 

6. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I know how you feel. I put in a preorder for the Henkei Thrust and Dirge in November....and I'm waiting until like April for them. I need them now...

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i won't harp on BBTS, they been good to me.
    (and i want to appease the gods until I order that OS...)

j just didn't know HOW backed up they were.

I am fortunate that our Mail/FedEX/UPS down here is predictable in their delivery times. Mail by 10 a.m. and the other two deliver between 2 and 4:30 each day, so i can get a lot done and still grab the box.

but the waiting....me want now.

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Well aint waited once I ordered, but since I have to save up to actually place the order, thats the most antagony for me.

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Generally I'll pre-order, and then quite often forget I've got it coming unless it's being discussed here regularly.

I was late ordering Henkei Thrust/Dirge, and had to check recently that I had. Fortunately I'd had a set reserved for me, as my 'it'll happen, just not sure of the timescale' approach precedes me!

I'm pretty patient, and ultimately (prepare for sacrilige!) I can wait for a toy, there are more important things in life (runs to hide :D  )