The "AAAARRGH!! I missed it on eBay!" thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouchhhh... I got a cerebros in a lot back in like 2004 for like $5 total (along with a Scorponok and Ultra Magnus body). Guy had no idea what he was selling and I recognized it from the picture. I think the shipping cost' about 3 times as much. ><

But I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many times I've been in this position with SPIKE. So my Fort Max has a head, but poor Cerebros can't see it in city mode :( 

It's like the last part I need to. Building a near complete, display quality Fortress Maximus from junk lots has been one of the most fun things I've done with Transformers. I think I've spent less than $100 on it >.>

2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup, 2 out of the 3 BW i wanted got sniped...

3. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I have to admit that I have never, ever bought anything on eBay, and still I've managed to build a decent collection for myself :) 

Sniping, weird rules, and dishonest sellers is what has been keeping me away. I do have an account though, but I'm guessing no one would accept a bid from an account six years old with zero feedback, lol :) 

4. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I just got ****ing sniped on an Alternators Ravage (Jaguar)! FML. I really wanted that guy too, and I thought I was getting a deal for only $31, then some guy comes in literally at the last 3 seconds and bids $40.99, just $1 above my max bid! -_-

5. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Happens to me all the time. I just get over it by figuring i wouldn't have wanted to pay more since that's my max bid. The worst is forgetting to bid then seeing it sell for a lot less than my planned max bid... arggg!! stupid life gets in the way of collecting!!

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um... I'm not sure you understand how eBay bidding works. The guy could have placed a max bid of $100, but eBay will only bid $1 (for low amounts) above the next highest bid.

7. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

It sucks though, because I really thought I was getting a good deal. All the other auctions for that figure are going for $50+! I wonder how much that guy actually put in for a bid to snipe the auction. Can't you just enter in like $999 and automatically win the auction by creating a bid just $1 higher than the highest bid?

EDIT: lol Sniped by Cal. =/

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Mm...That sounds familiar...

Wait, I just had that happening to me yesterday, that's why! :lol 

9. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

:mad Someone beat me to TFCC Topspin Saturday evening at the last sec