The 8 Shittiest Transformer Disguises

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cujo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Sticking solely to G1, I would probably take out Sky Lynx (good point about wanting to turn into a bird though) and obviously Nightscream. Using the "would it make the news if it was caught on camera" criteria, my 8 would be:

1) Cosmos
    2) Dinobots
    3) Predacons
    4) Metroplex/Trypticon/Scorponok/Fortress Maximus
    5) Twin Twist/Top Spin
    6) Firecons
    7) Sparkbots
    8) Shockwave

Omega Supreme wouldn't look out of place at a military installation. It would just be assumed that someone is protecting a missile launcher.

There are few others that would draw some interesting looks, but they're supposed to be futuristic vehicles (technobots, for example) and others would be taken for custom jobs or concept cars (Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime).

2. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex? Omega? Come on.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

That's pretty much what I was going to say. The writer of this list didn't mangae to stick with his own idea. That, for me, kills the humour stone dead. Bitching about Sky Lynx's robot mode being a bad disguise doesn't make sense: it's not supposed to be a disguise. That's why he turns into something you would actually find on Earth.

This kind of thing always kills jokes for me when it's apparent the comedian doesn't know what they're talking about. I once heard a comedian say that NASA wants to put a man on Mars, and they're planning to start by building a base on the moon to launch from. He then went on to point out how much further Mars is from us than the moon, and joked that this was like going from your house to a point four hundred miles away, but having a stopping off point at your front gate. Joke falls flat for me because that's simply not true. Launching a Mars mission from Earth's moon makes a lot of sense because the spacecraft won't have to escape Earth's gravitational pull, only the moon's much smaller one. Do you see the problem? The joke ceases to be funny if you have some knowledge of the subject. That is a bad joke.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i did like the joke about Nosecone:

5. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

Questionable list......but seeing where it's coming from it doesn't suprise me. Don't really care what the writer thinks. He obviously has no clue. But whatever.....I'm not going to let this list bother me.

6. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I agree the list is unfunny,but I get a kick out of the guys defending the G1 cartoon against Cracked. You know what the point of Cracked and Mad is,right?
    Double LOL @the "I won't let it bother me" crowd.
    It's a comedy website,I don't think it's supposed to offend you.

7. maut1234

maut1234 Hero Class

Ebay:
    haha this is pretty funny but still its not very logical since half of the ones they picked could easily camoflauge in our society. they could have picked better ones.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here. BTW, when is a super-sized robot really worried about hiding?

9. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Hmm... Tell me, how often do you expect a city to be a giant robot? that disguise seems to work well enough..

MTL

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sam: "Moved to a new city. Turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?"

This kind of thing always happens to Sam. Now he's wary about buying new underpants in case they suddenly transform and slice off his joy portion.

11. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

characters on list could've been more thought out, but it made me giggle.

12. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

optimus sledge, i dont think that the comedian was doing those jokes in a room full of rocket scientists and astronomers, he wrote the jokes to suit his audience and i dont think that the writer was intending for his article to be analyzed on a tf fansite.
    just saying

13. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Dude, it's a pretty simple point: don't make jokes about things you don't understand. And let's face it, looking at a space shuttle that turns into a robot bird, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which is the disguise. I don't think it take a TF nerf to work that one out. The writer's an asshat.

14. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

ass hat for sure but most of those 8 do have ridiculous altmodes.

15. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I tell people Ive seen UFOs all the time, and only my parents think im crazy I swear, once I saw one and my cousin was right there with me and he saw it!

16. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Well in defense of the Dinobots, they weren't made into dinosaurs to blend in or anything, it was more because of their brute stength.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Unless you go by the comics in which case the dinosaur forms are just disguises that have outlived the time they were created for.

For Cosmos, wasn't his alt supposed to be some reference to a flying saucer poster or photo that was kicking about back then? Maybe Cosmos wanted to keep his space alt but decided he'd be better disguised if he was one of those odd flying saucers that are only seen by cranks and easily dismissed by everyone else. Makes perfect sense to me that even if someone took a photo or video of you flying about people would still not believe it was an alien craft but actually just some lame hoax.

18. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

His WHAT?!?! :D 

19. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

as much as i love em, the dinobots as a whole should have been on there.

20. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Allright, then let's post our own lists of the worst TF altmodes ever.

These will be based on cool factor and disguise factor.

#10: ROTF Ravage. He's basically a rock that drops from Soundwave and crashes on Earth. Not saying he wasn't cool, just saying alt mode is lame.
    #9: RID Megatron. Make up your mind already. Ten alt modes is like ADD on crack and none of them were really pulled off very well.
    #8: Movie 1 Scorponok. Does. Not. Transform. No alt mode = Epic phail!
    #7: ROTF Arcee. As cool as the concept of a transforming motorcycle is, they never seem to pull it off well.
    #6: The Fallen. Everything about him sucks.
    #5: Movie Megatron. I think it's a jet. Kind of.
    #4: ROTF Megatron. I think it's still a jet, but now with tank flavour.
    #3: Sixshot. That's right, I said it. It seems like they have trouble with anything that has more than three modes.
    #2: Beast Machines Megatron. *raises hands* "Incoming message from the big giant head!"

And the number worst TF "disguise" ever...
    #1: Transmutate. Again, no alt mode = epic fail but to also have the robot form look like garbage welded together is epic epic fail.