The 8 Shittiest Transformer Disguises

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cujo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The article is on Cracked.com, not Crashed. It's supposed to be humor. You know, have a little fun with some ridiculous things? The way people are posting you'd think this was the Movie forum...

Actually, I thought the very last line in Sky Lynx's entry was the best:

Although, Sky Lynx really doesn't look like a Shoggoth (or an Old One, or an Elder God...).

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    You took the words right out of my mouth. The best part of that one is you can do it with the toy!

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Really? I went back and looked at the entry for Sky Lynx. I don't understand the writer's problem. Is he saying space shuttles don't exist? And as for where Sky Lynx would be disguised, Cape Canaveral springs to mind.

4. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    But that was actually a perfect disguise for that operation.

5. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

I agree; I must be missing something here as well. While I am by no means a Sky Lynx fan, I would have to say his alt, or "disguise," mode is legit.

6. Omnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cape Canaveral would be the only place. But the Autobots would first have to dispose of one of the existing space shuttles. Then paint over the Autobot symbols on Sky Lynx's wings. And that's only the top half. You throw in all of Sky Lynx at the same time, he can't even be disguised at CC.

But all of that is actually irrelevant. The writer isn't trying to trash TFs because some of them don't look like cars or jets in their alt mode. The writer of the article is trying to make some jokes with that as a jumping on point. It's like part of a stand-up comedy routine. They might start off with "I broke up with my girlfriend the other day...", but half the humor in the routine (if not more) will not be about the act of breaking up or what actually led up to it. It's the same idea here.

It is a humor site, after all.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems like a lot of websites are making these lists nowadays, and I have still yet to find one funny.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

My point is, he's making shit jokes. The theme he's chosen to use for his list is worst disguises, but he then lays into Sky Lynx's robot mode. That makes no sense. Of course his robot mode wouldn't disguise him, it's not supposed to. His shuttle and transporter mode is the disguise. By this standard, no TFs have good disguises because all their robot modes would stand out (except possibly in Japan, and then only if they stood very still).

Even if we take your argument that the disguise only works in a certain place, that still doesn't work. How useful would Prime's disguise be in the Atlantic? Starscream's jet mode wouldn't hide him very well in a carpark. The Constructicons would stand out in a nursery school. Etc, etc, etc. All disguises are based on context. Sky Lynx's shuttle and transporter disguise would work in a location one would reasonably expect to find those machines.

9. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    ITT: people being royally trolled.

11. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I kinda agree.. Swoop and Omega Supreme??!? really? but other than those 2 the list is funny.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  13. Covenant

Ebay:
    Good form.

14. Omnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pathetic form, actually.

The person you're quoting either failed to read the second paragraph in my post that he replies to, or doesn't understand it.

Either way, this thread looks like something out of the Movie forum even more than before.

I'm exiting any further exchange on this with a simple: get a sense of humor (and when I'm the one saying that, it's really bad).

15. Covenant

Ebay:
    If you think that you either failed to read the first couple of sentences of his reply, or you didn't understand them. There are good jokes, bad ones, good comedians and crappy ones. For what the writer of that little list was going for, the glaring fact he doesn't know what he's talking about kills his funny.

16. Heracles Max

Heracles Max Forticon Leader

Omega is Omega.

I understand the type of List this is, so, I am not going to get too uptight about it. However, he was not kind to Omega Supreme.

Omega Supreme is a Guardian robot from Cybertron. His alt mode is a Guardian base from Cybertron. When he came to Earth, he did not change his appearance in either mode. Therefore, he is what he is. No effort to hide is required when you are one of the most powerful robots in history. You just need a nice place big enough to set out your track, run your awe-inspiring tank around and show off your huge rocket.
    I somehow doubt he has to post a "No Solicitor" sign to keep from being bothered.

:wink: 

17. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    They're picking on Nightscream? He's in the Beast Era for Christ sakes!!
    And they were no humans in either show.

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Who cares?

This guy obviously thinks these 8 designs are shitty, doesn't mean the 8 that any of you would pick would be any better..

19. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    lol. I'm more amused with reading how upset some of you are getting. it's not time magazine, it's Cracked! i admit is wasn't that funny, but it's still a humor magazine.

20. Covenant

Ebay:
    Well, sure it does. In fact there's a very real chance someone into Transformers enough to post on a website like this would have a good shot at identifying & creating a list of actual bad disguises with a great deal of success being any one of us has the potential to know better than the guy who spent all of five minutes on a Google image search to find these.