The 6" Titanium Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

For many of us, the line was hit or miss (mostly miss). It really suffered from a heavy use of diecast, which was essentially the gimmick of the entire line, and poor engineering. I really enjoyed the G1 Ultra Magnus (followed closely by WW Fallen and BM Cheetor). They're perhaps the best out of the entire line. And honestly, I thought Titanium Scourge was a nice Classics stand-in prior to the Generations release. Are there any Titanium collectors out there? I used to have a bunch before selling them all off a few years ago, but I'm thinking of re-buying a few.

2. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I really like my War Within Optimus. Rodimus is ok but for $5 loose and complete, I can't complain :lol . This guy was selling the entire line at a convention in April for $5 a piece and I really should've picked up Jetfire and Grimlock :eek: .

I do have a Titanium Soundwave MISB I'm looking to get rid of. One of the 3 purchases I regret in this hobby :eek: 

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the entire line. They're great display pieces but if you're going to "play" with them, you will probably be disappointed.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Fallen is the only worth owning.

I saw him like only once and i'm glad i have him. Until we get a bigger DW WW Fallen in the Generations/RTS lines.

I have Rodimus whose not totally bad, WW Seekers works as a stand in for WFC Seekers till we get the real deal I own Thundercrackerl.

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I liked all of the War Within molds, G1 Magnus, and Cheetor, and thought that the line was great for display pieces. I decided to sell off my duplicates, but I'll keep the original set I have. For some unexplainable reason I really like Jetfire, even though I shouldn't.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only Titaniums I really regret buying are the first two of the series, Optimus and Megatron. Soundwave is the absolute worst, but oddly I don't regret buying him since he's kind of a neat curiosity piece and I do like his compact little metal brick mode.

I think Rodimus, The Fallen, Grimlock and the Seeker mold are really, really great. None of the ones I have suffer from the standard Titanium problems of loose joints or ill-fitting parts. I think Scourge is very good as well, but he does pale in comparison to the Generations version.

I know what you mean. I look at him and I handle him and I feel like I should throw him in a box and forget about him, yet oddly he remains on display and gets transformed occasionally. He's really not a good toy at all, but I can't help but like him. I'm not really a big fan of the character, either.

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Great display pieces but, very heavy, plastic joints that hold diecast parts, and the paint chipping is a bastard especially on the Fallen and Optimus.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the seeker mold is all i got and i love it, still need to snag skywarp and sunstorm

9. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    They are nice display pieces, for example G1 Magnus.
    G1 Rodimus comes with great play value too.

10. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got The Fallen, Jetfire, Starscream, Thrust, Scourge, Cheetor, Optimal Optimus, Soundwave, and RID Optimus. The only one I've got a real problem with is Soundwave because of his leg problems, but I really like the others. Never had real problems with any of them, and I just really like the Seeker mold.

11. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I have a few of these MISB.
    I have the War Within Stuff out to play with. Prime and Jetfire are fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Satomiblood

I never owned Jetfire, but I've always been curious about him.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had the entire line and sold most off only keeping about 8. Rodimus being one of my favorites for how well the trailer was incorporated into the robot mode without severely compromising the robot mode.

Overall I thought the designs were good and would have really worked in a generations type of release without the diecast bits.

:lol  and I think it's the only line where Starscream and Skywarp are a repaint of Thundercracker (based on release order that is). Cybertron was close, but Starscream had his own toy.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the whole line and tried to sell them recently but I've since put them in storage since no one was interested in them.

Titanium Collection

15. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I love Rodimus (He's not PERFECT, but its the best Rodimus toy we've gotten...except MP, but he's too tall for a Classics display :lol ), the Seeker mold is GREAT, BMech Cheetor is the best expression of that design, I rather like HotSpot(Zone) and he he stands proud in my Classics display, I LIKE WWI prime, but his Titanium-flop disease is SO bad, its just ruins an otherwise nice figure.

Scourge I wanted to like, even before we knew about Gen Scourge, however, I just couldn't bring myself to buy him. Not even for $6 at BotCon. I'm a Scourge and Sweeps nut, and the Titanium comes close to being good, but the robot mode proportions were just too yucky.

I wish I picked up Fallen, I became aware of and started to like his character literally days after I saw the last one on the pegs (or shelves, really) for the last time :/

Magnus I would have gotten had I ever seen him, but no dice.

The rest, yeah the rest don't do much for me.

D/L

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the titanium line has the most figures that I've bought and then sold off of any tf line :lol  however I have, and kept all of the war within figures. I think grimlock and prowl are the two best from the whole line.

17. Satomiblood

I still want to get a Scourge for some reason.

18. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I like the Fallen and WW Megs. I have the seekers which do fine and I like my Optimus. Jetfire is the biggest dissappointment in my opinion.

19. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

I have WW Prime and Skywarp.

I never opened them so I had no idea the toys were so poorly received.

But they look fantastic MISB and are the best WW representations out there.

20. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked the Titanium line a lot. I liked the Rodimus mold since it was a one piece transformation. I didn't like the Soundwave or Seeker mold as much, but the WW Prime and Megatron are cool. I liked Scourge as well.

I REALLY wanted the G1 Ultra Magnus, but never saw him anywhere on the shelves, despite many hunting trips. I have one now, after my brother bought a whole case just to get the one toy. It's MIB, I'd like to get a loose one, for display, or to go with my classics molds.

I wish the line had continued, I saw designs that Hasbro had to release a G1 Shockwave in the Titanium line. Wow. That looked AWESOME!!!! I'm a huge Shockwave fan, and he hasn't gotten much love in awhile. The DOTM Shockwave is okay, but I'd like to see a G1 homage, or a reissue.