The 40 Generations toys: What makes the most sense?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

ENTRIES ARE CLOSED FOR NOW. Discuss the full 40 list on page 3, so we can cut out certain "unneeded" things.

This is going to become a unique kind of 40 Generations list, where it is based on logic, fan collective mentality, etc. Anyone who posts in this thread is free to add something, critique the list, etc. For now, it is blank. I am leaving it to the posters to add their own contributions, which I will add here. If you like someone's idea, support it so it may wind up on the list.

For now, the list is blank. I am leaving this up to you guys. I may drop in to add my own thoughts, but for the most part I will be compiling the information. Have fun!

1.) New Prime mold
    2.) New Bee mold
    3.) New Starscream mold (definitely time for one)
    4.) New Megatron mold (1)
    5.) Kup repaint (Gears?)
    6.) Warpath repaint (Hardhead?)
    7.) Perceptor repaint (Reflector?)
    8.) New Starscream into Thundercracker
    9.) New Starscream into Skywarp
    10.) New Bee as Cliffjumper
    11.) New Optimus as Ultra Magnus
    12.) Prowl (FOC Jazz repaint)
    13.) FOC Brawl repaint
    14.) FOC Vortex repaint
    15.) FOC Blastoff repaint
    16.) FOC Onslaught repaint
    17.) FOC Swindle repaint (1-17 all suggested by Dr Traveler. He posted before the rules were established.) (Many of these repaints do make sense. Dr Traveler said the Combaticons would become the Technobots, but I don't think any of the molds really work, so I'll leave them ambiguous for now. Maybe Ruination?)
    18.) BW Tigatron (Suggested by Nope.) (He never established if this would be a new mold, or a Universe Cheetor repaint. Universe Cheetor is too cheetah-esque to really work as a tiger as well, so I assume new mold would work best.)
    19.) Cybertronian Lockdown (Suggested by Kylehudson14) (A brand new mold. A very cool idea too!)
    20.) Arcee
    21.) Trailbreaker (5)
    22.) Hoist (Trailbreaker repaint) (4) Some of the most popular suggestions in these kinds of topics. Long overdue.
    23.) Blitzwing (1) Perhaps not the most likely candidate, but one long overdue as well. We mus complete our triple changer set.
    24.) FOC Grimlock (1) A pretty obvious one, as Grimlock is getting a huge push from HMS.
    25.) FOC Starscream A toy we have longed for since the first WFC trailer. Bring it on.
    26.) FOC Skywarp (repaint)
    27.) FOC Thundercracker (repaint)
    28.) Ratbat (Scourge retool)
    29.) Scourge/Nemesis Prime (Laser Prime retool) An obvious repaint, but strangely absent. Perhaps having two completely different scourges on shelves at a time would confuse those who are not as big of fans as us?
    30.) Strika
    31.) Obsidian
    32.) Tankor
    33.) Jetstorm
    34.) Thrust (30-34 suggested by Jetbolt)
    35.) IDW Nightbeat (suggested by B-fox)
    36.) Skids (1)(suggested by Soundblaster) I personally doubt this, because maybe Skids is a cursed name now, but who knows?
    37.) Astrotrain reissue
    38.) Galvatron
    39.) Springer (37-40 suggested by MWG)
    40.) Blaster (suggested by Soundblaster)

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Cue the usual flood of wishlists.

1) Trailbreaker
    2) Sky Lynx
    3) Star Saber
    4) Scrounge
    5) some dude in the background in an episode of Energon

and so on.

3. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Yes, good idea. This thread again. Definitely need two of them on the first page and one on the second. Forums work best when everyone makes their own thread about the same topic. They are fundamentally different from the weekly "who do you want in generations" threads because they include the number 40.

4. Kaymac

I realized this would happen when I posted this. I realize it is fundamentally very similar to the other threads, but I wanted to encourage some actual discussion, rather than just a load of wishlists all piling up, and no one talking about them. The point here is to list one toy you really want, and we discuss it for a while to see if it makes it onto the list. I didn't wish ti simply create a wishlist thread as that is not the point of a discussion forum.

5. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This one is different. It isn't about what you want, but what makes sense.

For example, a 40 character line would almost certainly include a new Bee, Prime, Megs, and Starscream. It's an open secret Warpath, Kup, and Perceptor will get a repaint. If theres a new Starscream there will be a thundercracker and skywarp. A new Prime and Bee means a new Cliffjumper and Ultra Magnus. That's 11.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a repaint of WFC Jazz as Prowl or something else, as well as a repaint of the combaticons as the technobots. So that's 17 repaints, not a one of which I'd care strongly about.

Any repaints I'm missing?

My want list would be a totally different animal.

6. Kaymac

This man gets the picture! Good job! I will add these, along with the fact you contributed to them, along with my thoughts.

7. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    BW Tigatron

8. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I think I'd have to go with........ a cybertronion Lockdown, I know he's not in the game, but he is definitely a cool character that I think alot of ppl like. I hope Im obeying the rules, awesome thread too :thumbs2: 

EDIT: A new mold for Lockdown, not a repaint of any previous lockdown or other fiig.

9. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    My bad, sorry. Yeah, I meant for him to be a new mold. Thanks for notifying me about that.

10. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

1. Arcee
    2. Artfire (Universe Inferno repaint with Power Core Combiner Chainclaw repaint.)
    3. Autobot Gears (Sergeant Kup remold. Think what you want, I think the head looks most like Gears.)
    4. Autobot Trailbreaker (Because I hate Trailcutter...)
    5. Blitzwing
    6. Fall of Cybertron Grimlock
    7./8./9. Fall of Cybertron Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker
    10. Hardhead (Warpath remold.)
    11. Hoist (Trailbreaker remold.)
    12. Ratbat (Scourge remold.)
    13. Ricochet (Special Ops Jazz repaint with Universe Nightstick repaint.)
    14. Scourge (Laser Optimus Prime repaint.)
    15. Skywarp (Classics Starscream repaint.)
    16. Tigatron (Universe Cheetor repaint.)
    17. Toxitron (Laser Optimus Prime remold.)

Yep, I think this is the MOST logical list on any Transformers boards. Although I think Artfire, Tigatron, and Toxitron have no chance of happening, and Ricochet may not come with Nightstick.

11. Kaymac

You are obeying the rules. I like your suggestion too. Lockdown is one of those new characters that people have really gotten attached too. He's awesome!

12. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

Two figures that are a must...Trailbreaker and a repaint/modified version of the mold as Hoist...would like to fill out my '84 and '85 Autobot cars.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Vehicon name is back in action, I want five proper BM Vehicon generals in the line.

14. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

DAMN! Those are REALLY good ideas, I do want a classics/generations trailbreaker to fit with my (classics) original autobots :drool: 

15. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

What about FOC Grimlock? He's being shown off in a lot of footage for the game, so it's not completely unlikely that we'll see a figure for him.

And weren't Rumble and Frenzy planned but cancelled? It's possible they may see release if we're actually getting 40 figures.

16. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree + we need Skids to complete the '85 Autobot Cars.

17. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    An IDW Nightbeat or some amalgam thereof. If he was made as a police car, add a new head and you'd have great basis for a G1/Movie Barricade as the repaint.
    Hasbro can skip the Headmaster gimmick. I never really knew Nightbeat was a Headmaster originally and it's really not a big part of his character anyway.

Plus Hasbro has the name for use, so why not apply it to an honest-to-goodness update of the character?

18. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Trailbreaker, something like the legends mold generation style, it's a good character that i would like to see modernized and in deluxe scale.

19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker, Hoist, and Skids to finish the 84-85 cars make sense. Blitzwing would finish the Decepticon triple changers (and might be accompanied by a gray Astrotrain repaint). Arcee and Springer would go a long way towards finishing the S3 main Autobot cast. And we need an updated Earth-mode Megatron, ideally an improved deluxe-scale version of the G2 tank versions (the hero design with a good shoulder cannon and more modern engineering). And a decent version of Galvatron, ideally in voyager scale.

+-MWG-+

20. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one suggested Blaster.
    That Cybertron Soundwave repaint just doesn't work.