the 3rd party companies are not giving us enough TFs!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 1984forever, May 26, 2010.

1. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

igear has a poll on the website right now, basically trying to guage interest on what TF they should make next. The answer should be simple for these guys... no one was looking for the Autoscout from the episode Prime problem, but when they built it we just had to have it. The answer to their poll is too make every Transformer in the poll! Why not? Despite a negative video review from an angry englishman their Teleraan is still selling, shoddy as it is.

We need a mini masterpiece Megatron and a classics Reflector, and where the hell are the HIGH QUALITY classics seeker knock-offs? Real fans already have Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker, we need a classics Sunstorm! We need the remaining Rainmakers and a goddamn Air Warrior! Why ain't these guys making 'em? They only require 1 mold. Get capitalist already people! There is a freakin' cash cow here!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly I'd prefer the third party companies stick with things like Autoscout and City Commander, that have never been made before and never will be made. I don't like the idea of them knocking off existing designs, that is just out and out illegal.

Also I believe iGear is making a mini Masterpiece Megatron so your first request is granted. I remember seeing the pics a while back.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only request for FP, Igear or whoever else decides to enter this arena. Make a Decent Galvatron please. How can the Decepticon leader.... after all this time... not have a decent figure?

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Alright, you try designing a Transformer down to how many millimeters long each piece has to be to fit correctly, get a factory to produce it, figure out how to paint it, get another factory to do packaging, arrange shipping to dealers, and have the money to do all of that up front. They're trying to gauge interest with a pole because if an item flops, they're pretty much done. They aren't like Hasbro, they cant produce a toy, let it bomb, and go "oh well, on to the next one", each new item represents a huge investment for them, if they dont profit, the next item cant be made.

As for high quality seeker KOs, Hasbro's started cracking down on those, hence why the "G1 replicas" right down to accurate packaging and interior bubbles got so hot with a new one every month, and now nada. Since they're trying to get a business going with legal products of their own design, it would be suicide to go illegal instead.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^Exactly, these companies work on much tighter budgets than Hasbro, Takara, Mattel, etc. They have to choose wisely based on their resources. I am glad that Fansproject has been able to produce multiple repaints of the Commander Armor so that they can make some easy cashflow. I just hope that they are investing it well (which it appears they are). I see no rush, because these third parties have given us some real solid products over the past few years, and the arrival of each product is like an extra Christmas.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Are they working on a tighter budget per figure?

Smaller garage companies don't have much capital by comparison, but Haskara work within set price point costs, that is, they need to do this toy to be sold for exactly that (relatively low) amount of RRP, which in turn affects the complexity and quality of the product (by comparison). We know that Hasbro has ordered things to be dropped from toys due to higher-than-expected costs (eg, dropped paint, clear plastic appearing on protos but not finals, Ligerjack/Leobreaker's giant arm mode fingers, Universe Hot Shot's missile launchers).

7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^ Fail argument! :redface2: 

8. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and we're upset why???

Imagien 3rd party cvompany keep giving us uber cool TF...a lot of them, how would make our wallet feels?

9. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and we're upset why???

Imagien 3rd party cvompany keep giving us uber cool TF...a lot of them, how would make our wallet feels?

10. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Guess I'm not a real fan then :cry 

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Keep an eye on the customs page:) 

12. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

If you want knock-offs, only igear will give them to you, among the 3rd party groups. The others are too smart to KO any of Hasbro's products. Their more interested in creating brand new designs.

Also, to add to what has been said in replies. Another reason is takes a while for 3rd party groups to crank out figures is that their limited with how many designers they have. Takara has a bunch, so they can work on several figures at once. With 3rd party groups, they have maybe 1 designer only. The production cycle for a figure can vary as well. Defendor was first thought of by the group, back in summer 2008. And he just got released a couple months ago.

That wish might be coming true. There are strong rumors on asian boards that a full figure Galvatron is being made by a 3rd party group. One of my contacts in a 3rd party I know confirmed this as well, last month.

13. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Look, the 3rd party guys are a 10 in courage when it comes to ripping off Hasbro's designs anyway... so I just figured somebody could make some quick $$$ by giving us some Seekers.

Custom jobs are really not an option for me because I actually get down on the floor boards and play with $100 Thundercracker and Dirge and co. The paint would rub off during transformation, even if done while sober.

If I ever hit Lotto I would make you guys the entire season 1 cast cartoon arcurate as possible. But since I don't have the moolah or the tech, I'm stuck here trying to incite toy makers into fufilling my dreams. igear, hurry up with that Decepticon base Dammit!

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Sure, Universe Galvatron was embarrassing, but I'd say Energon Galvatron qualifies as "decent." "A lot better than decent," in fact.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well don't just tease me people!!! links lol!!!

yeah but Energon Galvatron isn't G1 Galvatron. Sure, energon galvatron is a cool homage to Galvatron but its not my favorite purple maniac from 86.

16. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want a fp galvatron!

17. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know it won't be them. :) 

18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:

This makes me sad :( 

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I-gear is, fansproject however, doesn't ko any figures. get your facts straight

mini mp megs is going to need to be made out of titanium or something, the full sized one has thin enough pieces

20. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

The facts, huh? Fact is that fansproject makes stuff for Transformers... such as making Ultra Magnus look like Ultra Magnus. I wonder what they would do if there wasn't any Transformers? Like I said, a 10 in courage...