The 3 protoforms? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dirge121, May 28, 2007.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    In the newest trailer, we see 3 protoforms falling to Earth.
    According to the prequel comics, which take place before the movie, already on Earth were:
    - Starscream
    - Blackout
    - Barricade
    - Megatron
    - Bumblebee

That leaves
    - Brawl
    - Bonecrusher
    - Scorponok
    - Optimus
    - Jazz
    - Ratchet
    - Ironhide

If we assume that Frenzy and Scorponok came to Earth with Blackout and Barricade, that still leaves the question, who were the Protoforms.

Cant be the Autobots, can it?
    Crashing through crowded stadiums and urban areas isnt their thing, also theres four not three of them coming to Earth

Brawl and Bonecrusher could be two of them, but who is the third, Scorponok can't be big enough to need one the same size as the others?

So yeah, main question, who are the three protoforms falling to Earth?
    *Pic below, apologies for crappy quality, its a Youtube screencap*
    [​IMG]

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some mild spoilers:

There are actually 4 comets. Look at the scene of them shooting over the building, you'll see 4 (one of them is going in a slightly different direction so it isn't on screen as long as the others). The 4 comets are the 4 Autobots (Bumblebee is obviously already on Earth). Bonecrusher and Brawl are already here too.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Really? If Brawl and Bonecrusher are already on Earth, why arent they mentioned in the prequels?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I see the fourth, just going behind the one in the middle.

But still, crashing through buildings and nearly destroying places full of people, thats not very Autobot.

4. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Yeah, as Llamatron said, it's the Autobots.

Spoilers:

The one that lands in the pool is Ironhide. He takes the form of the pickup truck in the driveway and the little girl in the trailer thinks he's "the tooth fairy".

The one that lands in the stadium is Jazz. Don't remember this from the script though, I thought he crashed in front of a car dealership...

The one that crashes into a building is Ratchet. Fire engines and ambulances show up at the wreckage and he quickly takes the form of an ambulance while hiding amongst the smoke.

The one that lands in the field is Prime. Sam and Mikaela meet him first as the other Autobots drive to meet up with him.

5. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan British Bumblebee

How do u know?

6. JediAJ

JediAJ Well-Known Member

Okay... in THIS trailer you see Three/four protoforms incoming and crashing... however in the trailer released prior to this one, right at the beginning you see a single incoming protoform....

... so who is that?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He's obviously read the script.
    It was Prime, shown crashing from a different angle.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    tehCal, thats some awesome info, the thing with Ratchet sounds familiar, I guess you mean he is the one that goes through the stadium?

He's not a good doctor/mechanic, between nearly demolishing a human stadium, failing to fix Bumblebee, and being kitted out with enough weapons to level a city block. Diagnosis... Pain!

9. llamatron

News Credits:
    Mild Spoilers

In the script I believe Ratchet crashes near a shop / in an alley way - this can be seen happening in the trailer briefly. I think the comet that lands in the stadium is Jazz - but I could be wrong.

10. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Actually, what you see in the old trailer is all 4 autobots combined into one comet-like chunk. Note all the debris and how close they are in the more recent trailer, the chunk's just divided.

11. JediAJ

JediAJ Well-Known Member

So if we're to go by the Prequel comics and that the bulk of the Decepticon force has been here for a while, with only Bumblebee to face them, how come they haven't ganged up and wasted Bumblebee and gone to find the Allspark and waste the planet?

What kind of time frame do the Decepticons arrive on Earth? We know Megatron arrives much earlier...

.... are we not going to see a single Decepticon arrive on the planet? Just the Autobots? Sorry... but that kinda sucks.

12. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The comet thing is fantastic. It happened before, in the japanese Masterforce - the 'Godmaster' is one big thing that divided into 7 pieces (the 7 Godmasters: Jinrai, his trailer, Lightfoot, Ranger, RoadKing, DoubleClouder and the Darkwings) while entering Earth's atmosphere. I really like the concept and I definitely see a nice homage there. I doubt it was on purpose, though.

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i believe that they traveled to eath as one ship/comet, then as you can see as they are falling, they break off into four pieces (you can tell because there is rubble and other little flaming bits with them)

14. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I just finished reading the novel and I can confirm it. The indicated Autobots do indeed fall/land where tehCal says.

Highlight for spoilers:

Ironhide - pool

Jazz - stadium

Prime - field

Ratchet - building near a cafe.

15. llamatron

News Credits:
    Mild Spoilers

Bumblebee is well hidden on Earth. Some of the Decepticons (Bonecrusher and Brawl) are just kind of in some kind of coma waiting to come online when needed. The others are running around trying to find Megatron.

16. bobby_C

JediAJ> There seems to be a small discrepancy between the movie prequel and the plot leaks. Though in the comic they do mention they're not gonna attack BB until he leads them to the allspark.

MOVIE SPOILERS:

indeed, as llamatron points out, the decepticons are already on earth but dormant, and the active ones (Barricade, Blackout and their respective "servants")are concentrating on finding Megs. Contrary to what the prequel comics would have you think, they don't seem to be aware of Bumblebee's whereabouts. That may have changed since the leaks, I guess, except shots of the decepticons awakening have actually been seen.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You can't blame the autobots for where they land. You try landing in a safe, empty spot when you can only aim yourself until you hit the atmosphere, and you have no knowledge of the planet or it's geography at all.

18. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    "What kind of time frame do the Decepticons arrive on Earth? We know Megatron arrives much earlier... "

megatron has been on earth for im not sure how long, the humans carbon date him at around 10,000 BC, but they dug him up out of the ice around 1920 along with the allspark cube or whatever its called now. Megatron came to earth looking for the allspark but then got trapped in the ice somehow, anyways. humans find him (spikes great grandpa) take him to america, and build the hoover dam around him to keep him hidden. The decepticons never find him or the cube right away because of all the energy the hoover dam creates. blocks the energy emitted from the cube untill later in the movie.

Also everything you see technology wise came from megatron, cars, jets, phones, computers, modern weapons, were all reversed enginered from Megatron. Obviously they didn't get quite as far as the cybertronians did with weapons and stuff, but we were close enough to be able to defend ourselvs against them.

19. bobby_C

Mike, he said he already knew about megatron. No need to spoil even more especially since the info you provide isn't related to the question..

20. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I can post what I like thank you