The $25,000 prize to find the twins.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironhidedotm, Jan 28, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    they are still the twins, jsut cause they never transformed and just cause they were not seen again doesnt means they arent the twins

have you ever heard of "Characters beign off-screen"?

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    eagc, everyone here has heard of being "off-screen". :)  Going by things like the comics or the novelization, yes, The Twins are actual characters who have time to shine and time off-screen when they're not seen.

But this isn't a matter of being "off-screen" in the movie. Being "off-screen" only applies when the characters are acknowledged as characters prior to being off-screen. Take Wheelie. We all know Wheelie is a character; with personality, lines, etc., even when he is absent during scenes like Petra or the Russian Gig. Because we've seen him, heard him. The audience knows he's part of the story. Or Jetfire. Do people say that "Jetfire is off-screen for the first hour of of RotF!"? No. That's not not how acknowledging characters works. Because he hasn't been introduced as a character yet. For all the audience knows, he doesn't even exist. Then he shows up. Now he's a character. Jetfire's absence until the final battle; that's being "off-screen". Optimus missing while he's tangled up in wires? Yes, "off-screen". But the Twins in DotM are different. For all intended purposes, The Twins are not in DotM. Yes, they are in RotF. They are characters in that movie. There's no denying that. And sure, you can say that they are basically "off-screen" for the entirety of DotM (minus the two shots in which their alt modes are barely visible), but then that's NOT BEING "OFF-SCREEN", that's being COMPLETELY ABSENT, AND THEREFORE, NOT CHARACTERS. Probably 0.4% of the audiences worldwide noticed those vehicles in those two shots. And of that 0.4%, only half of them went "Hey, aren't those the Twins?" And even then, it was only us fanatic fans who noticed and/or cared. As I said above, the Twins' situation in DotM is NOT being "off-screen".

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Have you ever heard of "denial"?

The Twins didn't appear in the movie. We're not talking about what was planned, what happened in the comic, novel, toy bios, reports from the director's assistant's second cousin's nephew, or aboriginal woodcarving.

No robots named Skids and/or Mudflap appeared in the movie.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Besides there is one fatal flaw on his logic: The whole point of the contest was to find the Twins doing something on screen, if all their actions are off-screen, then Mr.Bay can do whatever the flying hell he wants with the money.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i am not in denial cause those 2 cars are 100% the twins, like it or not (if i were on denial i would had know it myself already)

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Landmine wasn't in the first movie. Neither was Longarm, or Incinerator. Just because they made a toy out of one of the background vehicles in the movie doesn't mean the character was in the movie.

7. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the supposed twins in DOTM?

8. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    ^
    [​IMG]

They're in the very back behind Wheeljack.

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kudos to this thread for continuing to go on despite that one post that shut everything down... the one about camaros in other movies not being bumblebee, etc.

anyways, cars that were going to be the twins alt modes in the movie? Yes.

the twins in the movie? no.

Arcee was supposed to be in the first movie as a motorcycle...we're not going to say the motorcycle that Lennox rode on under Blackout was Arcee though..

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i never said i think that cause they have toys they are in the film, i have said MANY Times before that having toys doesnt means they are in the movie, then again i never said anything of The twins toys,

i KNOW they are in the movie, cause those cars Were FROM THE beginning the twins. Skids and Mudflap are and always have been in the movie! okay?

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    then again bob orci said that the bike was never meant to be arcee as the scene was written after she was cut.

12. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    true, true but you get the point, had that motorcycle been the one they were planning on using for Arcee, no one would go around saying Arcee was in the movie (despite the vehicle being there).

The twins were SUPPOSED to be in the movie, have deleted scenes where they were SUPPOSED to be in the movies and for 2 seconds the cars that were MEANT to represent them were seen in the movie...but did they appear? No. They were never mentioned, never talked, and as mentioned before never showed any signs of being characters. Mudflap and Skids were never mentioned by one character on screen in that movie and that about sums it up...

Besides, didn't we settle this already? Someone stated that Bay's deal was to find the Twins actually doing something..which even if we count the cars in those 2 seconds.. they weren't. Case in point.. No twins, no money no deal.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, and next to them is Sentinel Prime! :eek: 
    /sarcasm

14. chonosmoon

chonosmoon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This thread is proof of the power of Michael Bay's trolling ability.

15. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    This. Let us move along...regardless of what was in the movie, no one was getting money anyways lol. Let the nonsense end!

16. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    what would two tricked out tuner compacts be doing in a military base?? parked next to the autobots that also have flash alt modes??? and dont tell me that is mearing's intern's car....

17. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    exactlty.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Considering Mearing entered in a military base with sneakers, I wouldn't doubt it.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    And let's not forget that utterly ridiculous handbag collection, either.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Blackout VS Arcee would be awesome. If Arcee got wounded after she killed Blackout, then she'd get rebuilt. Then it'd link to RoTF. But noooooo.