The 2005 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event - Saturday, July,23, 2005

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Junior, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The 2005 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event - Updated 7/06

Announcement: The 2005 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event will be held on Saturday, July,23, 2005.

What: The 2005 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event

When: July 23rd, 2005; Time: 10am - 4PM

Where: 330 Brandon Town Center Blvd. Brandon, Florida 33511

Contact Info: (813) 661-2606
    e-mail: toysrusevents@aol.com

How Much: FREE ADMISSION

Do not miss Florida’s PREMIERE Transformers festival. The 2005 Toys “R” Us Transformers Fan Event is back and bigger than ever. The event will be held on Saturday, July,23, 2005 from 10am till 4PM at the Brandon Toys “R” Us store centrally located in the heart of the Tampa Bay area. There will be something for every fan to see and enjoy.

So why should you attend our event? If you have never experienced our Transformers Fan Events, you will not want to miss what we have planned for this year. For 2005 we have more sponsors, even more prizes, amazing displays, and a hefty helping of fun all for you the fan. Plus, unlike out Transformers events, ADMISSION is FREE!

Here is just a sample of what you will find at this year’s event:

- FREE ADMISSION!
    - New Transformers: Cybertron toys
    - Over $1,000 in prizes from Toys “R” us and our sponsors
    - Parts Trading
    - Official Transformers Fan Club Memebership Drive
    - Amazing Displays of upcoming TF products and custom creations
    - Contests including a Speed Transformation contest and a Fan Art Contest
    - Episodes from some of your favorite US and Japanese TF cartoon shows
    - Product demostrations
    - Atari’s PS2 Game
    - and more still to come….

Keep checking back at The official 2005 Toys "R" Us Transformers Fan Event Blog for more announcements as we close in on the largest Transformers event in the history of Florida.

- Barry M.
    Event Host & Coordinator

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You can't get other TRU's to do this can you? Haha! It sounds great and I hope you get a good, fun crowd!

3. Junior

News Credits:
    About 5 other stores have had the events, but none have offered the level of presentation that we have in the previous years.

4. StarAngel

StarAngel Long live the Decepticons

Wow sounds cool! I wish a TRU very near me did something like that. Are you sponsored by official BotCon/Brian Savage since you have membership drive.
    But overall sounds cool. Sorry I can't make it for living so far away.
    Where else does this happen?
    How did you get this going? Any sites or histories on this?

5. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Yeah, it'd be interesting to hear the history behind this.

My local TRU's idea of a great "fan event" is to hold an event honoring Crayola.

I only wish I were joking about that.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Did it at my store last year, even had pics of my personal collection on display (The ones that now reside in the Toyark Collection Showcase thread). But I'm no longer with TRU having gotten a new job :)  (Which ironically gives me a LOT more money for TOYS :lol  )

7. Junior

News Credits:
    Yes. In an effort to increase the awareness of both the official convention and the Transformers Fan Club, we have partnered with Master Collector to promote both at our event.

Brian and his organization were gracious enough to help us out by supplying extra copies of the club newsletter, details for the convention, and a special prize to be given away at our event.

We are very pleased to have them a part of our event and to be able to help them out in any way we can.

I came up with the idea three years ago when I started at TRU. The conventions just never seem to come to Florida, so I figured why not bring one here. We started out small with 75 fans in attendance in early 2003. Last year we had over 300 fans over the course of our two day event.

I believe Transfandom.com, which was kind enough to post gallaries of our events, still has pictures up on their site. You may have to use the search function to find them.

We have a lot more spectacular news to come. I have one project in the works that if a first for our event and it is something that everyone in attendance will really enjoy. :rock 

8. Junior

News Credits:
    Event Update #1:

Fan Art Contest: Create A 20th Anniversary Megatron

So, you want to be part of the 2005 Toys "R" Us Transformers Fan Event, but you cannot make the event. Well, here is a fun contest for you and all the fans who are planning on attending the event.

In 2004, Takara and Hasbro gave us a 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime toy, but they seem to have forgotten about the maniacal Megatron. So here is the part where you, the fan artist, come in.

Your job is to design the Robot mode and Alternate mode for a 20th Anniversary Megatron. Be creative and create something original. The best entry, chosen by the fans attending the event, will win one of each color of the elusive Energon Spears from the 2004 OTFCC, a set of faction labels from Reprolabels.com, and a special mystery prize yet to be determined from Hasbro.

Send Entries To:

The Transformers Fan Events
    C/O Toys "R" Us
    330 Brandon Town Center Blvd.
    Brandon, Florida 33511

RULES:

1) The judges must be able to see that the two modes look like they can transform into one another.

2) Entries must be on an 8.5 X 11" piece of paper and can be in 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D or whatever else you can come up with.

3) Advice: Do not take the work of Don or any other artist and pass it off as your own. It won't help your chances.

Legal Stuff:

All Entries will become the property of the Transformers Fan Events and will not be returned. Mail Entries must be received by 7/17/05. Store entries may be dropped off on Friday, July 22nd, 2005 during regular business hours. The Transformers Fan events are not resposible for lost, stolen, or obliterated entries. Winner will be notified on July 27, 2005. Prizes will be mailed to the winner on July 28, 2005

9. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

Damn. Nothing ever happens in Ohio.

10. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

If only my parents would drive me over there. I'd love to go!

:(  :mad 

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup...that's why I moved. And while I'm at the TRU fan event, I'll be thinking about the crappy Columbus area's TRUs. At least you have Mejer's up there.

-Tony!
    Attending the fan event!

12. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only 18 days left! See you there!

-Tony!

13. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

W/o crayola i would not have known what crayons are, markers ,clay, etc..
    They donate thousands of dollars of art supplies to public schools each year across the U.S. They are also involved in a more spiritual pursuit such as EXPANDING KIDS MINDS. Thank you TRU for at least not just selling a ton of plastic but selling products that allow children(and adults) to explore their creativity. I'm not joking either.
    <br>This event sounds wonderful. I can't attend but I will enter the megatron contest. What a great idea for those who can't make it! Good luck this year!
    -amitabah :dj 

14. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

snip

Not worth it.

15. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

Yepper. I'll be there :rock 

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Or PA.

17. Junior

News Credits:
    Blog site update - New Contests!

Only 17 days until the biggest Transformers event to ever hit the state of Florida.

We have just updated the official Blog site HERE about two new contests that will be held at this year's event.

The Velocitron Speed Transformation Contest

The Transformers Trivia Contest

18. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT!!!!
    So, who wants to do lunch? I'm not sure what my schedule will be like for that day, as I've volunteered to help out. But, if some of us 2005ers wanna go get lunch (or dinner) at the mall across the way from the TRU where the event's being held, I'd be cool wit' dat. Any takers?

As for what they have at that food court...they have a Big Easy Cajun, Chick-Fil-A, Steak Escape, the standard Chinese/ Japanese places, Sbarro, and a couple other places. There's also a Panera in the mall, and probably a couple other slightly classier joints. Post or PM if you want to set a time.

19. Galvatron Prime

Galvatron Prime The Real Galvatron Prime TFW2005 Supporter

ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!!!

I'm up for lunch. Junior said he was showing episodes 4-6 of Cybertron around noon time so that would be a good time to go. As for what to eat, I game for anywhere in the mall.

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Actually, there aren't any Chinese/Japanese places in Brandon Town Center, but I think there's supposed to be a China Panda opening up there pretty soon.