The 1988 Japanese Transformers Hero

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rid, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rid

rid Well-Known Member

First off, let me say that I am not talking about the new series that's coming up this fall. Nor am I talking about the America Headmasters series that was compiled into a DVD and released under the title Hero (or Heroes). I am talking about the 1988 Japanese Laser Disc version. Now that that's out of the way...

Has anybody seen this first hand? How's the picture quality? Is there anything in there that is a must see? I am trying to locate it for 2-3 years now but am not having much success. Any pointers would be appreciated (shops, online, grey market, b*t t*rr*nt). I know it is mostly overviews, recaps and previews but I wanted to see it at least once.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Headmsters Laser Disc set is in Japanese only. The picture quality is very good, the set is in a beautiful box that comes with some artwork in the included program guide (also in Japanese) The last disc in the series contains Transformers commercials. I haven't watched them in years, so I'll check tonight to see if it has subtitles. However, I don't think so.

My favorite is the Japanese Laser Disc movie. Again, beautiful box. Japanese on one audio channel, English on the other. It has the Star Wars type scrolling opening. Picture isn't as vibrate as later DVDs but quality was very good in it's day.

As for Heroes, I've only seen it and have it on VHS. Most of the material on it was seen in the West.

3. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I have a VHS bootleg of the thing. If you're desperate I could make you a copy (on VHS) and mail it to you.

As far as the thing goes, it's not really worth the effort. It's nothing but a collection of clipshows and commercials. The commercial selection isn't even all that good. Since the thing came out right before Masterforce over half of the commercials are the SAME goddamn advertisment for the Pretenders. It'll dirve you nuts.

Pretty much all the stuff of interest, like Japanese opening sequences and the fabled "Diaclone Magnus" Movie trailer are available on you tube and what-not.

4. Barricade123

Barricade123 Deceptimal

Rip

Can someone please rip the original copy or the fake VHS of this, please????

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First, please check dates of threads b4 posting anything to them... not likely to get much info from a 2007 thread and we frown on bringing them back to active status... they're zombies and will be locked.

Q. What is a "Zombie Thread"?
    A "Zombie thread" is any thread that has not had posts in some time, usually a year old or older, that has post that brings it back to the top of the forum. We usually frown upon the practice of bringing back old threads unless there is new information to be added

Also, never ask anyone on the boards for fake copies

4. No Illegal / Bootlegged Materials
    Do not sell, share, link to, offer or ask for copyrighted materials. This includes movies, music, games, roms, comics, programs, etc.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.