The 10 Most Confusing Things

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mattamus Prime, Jul 1, 2009.

?

THIS YAHOO MOVIES GUY IS A TOOL

1. YES

71.4%
  2. NO

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattamus Prime

Mattamus Prime Well-Known Member

This total fool from yahoo movies pisses me off. Another example of some critic who has no fricking clue walking into a theater with a pen and paper and just looks for things to trash! Hey dude! the fans like it! $400 Million doesn't lie!

i posted my answers as best I could. feel free to fill in and critize this tool for being such a knit picky ass face!!

funny... bash a movie that makes $400 million and a huge following of fans... your hits on your website go way up! Sounds about right.

Anyway... here it is. my answers are in caps.

Burning Questions: The 10 Most Confusing Things in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'
    by Matt McDaniel.June 30, 2009
    "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" made over $200 million last week. What it didn't make, however, was one lick of sense.

Now, suspension of disbelief is usually not a problem for me. Tell me that a billionaire could put on a bat suit and swoop around fighting crime and I'll buy it. Or that a different billionaire could build flying armor in his basement. Or that in the future people will beam onto spaceships with their pointy-eared best friend. I'll accept all of it. I'll even take your word for it that a mechanized alien race can come to our planet, scan some cars, and turn themselves into vehicles.

That being said, there were moments in this new "Transformers" movie that were so confusing, so contradictory, or so corny that they completely took me out of the movie. Even days after watching it, some new inconsistency or plot hole would pop into my mind.

I can hear it already: "It's a popcorn movie. It's based on a bunch of toys. It's just supposed to be fun." And yes, all of those things are true. But that doesn't mean I can't ask questions about what in the world was going on. Here are the ten that I most want answered. (WARNING: contains spoilers).

1. In "Transformers," there was this giant battle in the middle of downtown Los Angeles -- excuse me, Mission City -- that was witnessed by thousands of people at the very least. But somehow the government was able to cover up the whole thing, and now the existence of alien robots is just an internet rumor? How did they do it? Pay off everyone who was there and quickly fix millions of dollars in damage? Also, didn't Keller (Jon Voight) go on TV and tell everyone we were being attacked by "a technological civilization far superior to our own"? How did they spin that?

PRETTY SURE VOIGHT NEVER WENT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION AND ANOUNCED TO THE WORLD… BUT I’LL HAVE TO GO BACK AND CHECK.

2. There are two pieces of the Allspark cube left: the military has one under lock and key, and Sam discovers another. The Decepticons steal one and bring Megatron back to life. But when Sam (Shia LaBeouf) wants to bring back Optimus, he has to find the Matrix of Leadership on the other side of the globe. Why not use the other piece? Mikaela (Megan Fox) has it in her backpack the whole time. It brought his kitchen appliances to life, why can't it do the same for Optimus?

THEY DIDN’T KNOW. THEY DIDN’T KNOW MEGATRON WAS REVIVED BY THE SPARK. THEY DIDN’T KNOW WHAT IT COULD DO. I’M SURE AFTER THEY AWAKENED JET FIRE THEY MAY HAVE REALIZED… OH SHIT… I COULD HAVE USED THIS TO WAKE UP OPTIMUS. AT THAT POINT SINCE IT WAS ALLREADY USED… THE MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP WAS ALL THAT WAS LEFT. BUT WHY EXPLAIN THAT … WASTE OF TIME.

3. Speaking of Megatron's rebirth, when the Decepticons venture deep into the ocean to revive him, the Navy crew tracking them reads five contacts. When they get down there, they tear apart one of the robots for parts to rebuild Megatron. Then as they rise to the surface, the same Navy guys say they spot six contacts. The little "Doctor" robot popped out down there, but he's about a third of the size of a person. Would he have shown up on sonar?

RAMPAGE (RED JACKHAMMER/BULLDOZER)
    SCRAPPER (YELLO VOLVO ESCAVATOR)
    LONGHAWL (GREEN DUMP TRUCK)
    MIXMASTER (CEMENT TRUCK)
    RAVAGE (THE PANTHER LOOKING ONE)
    SCALPEL/THE DOCTOR (WHICH RAVAGE EJECTED TO WAKE UP MEGATRON)
    MEGATRON
    BY MY COUNT…. SCRAPPER GOT WASTED DOWN THERE. SO ONLY ONE DIED.

SO THE DOCTOR IS ONY AS BIG AS A FISH… I’M SURE IF HE WAS OUT IN THE OPEN AND NOT INSIDE RAVAGE HE WOULD COME UP ON RADAR AT LEAST FOR A WHILE WHILE REVIVING MEGATRON. WHO KNOWS HOW SCALPLE SURFACED. WHO CARES. DO THE MATH.

4. That reminds me: even if I were to forgive the Doctor's German accent -- and director Michael Bay is asking me to forgive a lot of ridiculous accents -- why would a robot need glasses? He has little lenses that flip in front of his mechanical eyes. Couldn't he just get his eyes adjusted? You'd think with all the laser guns, someone could perform a Lasik procedure.

WOW… ARE YOU SERIOUS… THIS IS ABOUT THE MOST KNIT PICKY BULL SHIT IVE EVER READ. SEE I FEEL LIKE CRITICS ARE GOING INTO THIS MOVIE TO FIND HOLES AND LITTLE STUPID SHIT JUST TO PISS ME OFF AND SO THEY CAN ADD ANOTHER HIT TO THEIR WEBSITE.

5. Apparently, Transformers can look like people now. How? And how is it that even though the robo-girl (Isabel Lucas) is made of metal, she can still straddle Sam without crushing him. And if Bumblebee knows something's wrong with her, why does he spit antifreeze at her instead of telling Sam? Yes, his voicebox is broken, but wasn't it fixed at the end of the last movie?

NO HIS VOICE WAS NEVER FIXED…. B CAN TALK… JUST NOT VERY WELL SO HE USES THE RADIO. EVEN IN ONE OF THE TV SPOTS HE SAYS “WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE SAM?” BUT IT WAS ALL SCRACHY AND CRAPPY LIKE AT THE END OF THE LAST ONE.
    ALICE OR THE PRETENDER WAS INTRODUCED IN THIS MOVIE AND WAS WELL PLAYED.
    THEY ARE CALLED PRETENDERS AND THEY WERE INTRODUCED IN G2. I AD A WHOLE BUNCH OF THE TOYS.
    I’M GLAD THEY INTRODUCED THE PRETENDERS BECAUSE THEY ARE A BIG NOD TO G2 FANS EVERYWHERE. THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF TRASNFORMERS. PRETENDERS, HEADMASTERS, MINI CONS, ALL KINDS!SO SHUT YOUR FACE STUPID YAHOO ASS!

6. The Fallen is the last of the Primes, since they all sacrificed themselves to stop him from destroying the sun. But then he says that Optimus is a descendant of the Primes. First, Transformers have kids? And second, how could he descend from them if they were all dead? And if the Fallen could only be destroyed by a Prime, why didn't the originals just gang up on him back in the day? And what makes Optimus so special, anyway? Megatron beat him earlier, but all it takes is a few spare parts from creaky old Jetfire for him to take out the Fallen?

I WOULDN’T SAY “KIDS” EXACTLY SINCE IN THE MOVIE UNIVERSE IT IS NOT YET SAID EXACTLY HOW ALL THESE TRASNFORMERS WERE MADE. THERE’S ALL KINDS OF SPECULATION. IF YOU READ IN THE PREQUELS, OPTIMUS DOES HAVE THE SAME SYMBOLS ON HIM THAT THE PRIMES HAD. IT’S STILL OUT IN THE OPEN. DOES THIS REALLY NEED TO BE EXPLAINED IN THE MOVIE. GIVE ME A BREAK. IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER 20 MINUTES AND THROW THE MOVIE OFF JUST TO GET EVERYONE UP TO SPEED SO THEY CAN UNDERSTAND IT ALL. IF YOU’RE A FAN… YOU ALLREADY GET IT, AND DON’T CRITIZE FOR NOT EXPLAINGING EVERY LITTLE THING.

7. Sam, Mikaela, and Simmons (John Turturro) go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. to find Jetfire. Then they walk out the back onto a wide open field with old planes and mountains in the distance. When did the National Mall start to look so much like to Tucson, AZ (where they really filmed that scene)?

MAN…. THIS GUY IS A TOOL. MOST PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN TO THE AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM… SO FUCK OFF. THIS GUY IS SERIOUSLY PICKING JUST TO PICK. YOU COULD DO THIS WITH LOT AND LTS OF FILMS…. FILMS I BET THIS GUY THINKS ARE GREAT.

8. The geography is just as bad when they go to Egypt. The stone city of Petra in Jordan is over 250 miles away, over mountainous terrain, with few paved roads and the Israeli border between them, so how can they drive from one to the other in a couple of hours. And the Pyramids are said to be shooting distance from the Mediterranean, but they are actually well over 80 miles inland. Even if the Navy ship had a secret rail gun, and even if the captain would take an order to fire from a former agent of a government branch that no longer exists (over a walkie-talkie that inexplicably starts working again), how could it hit a moving target from that distance?

REALLY! REALLY?
    LETS GET REAL TECHNICAL ON GEOGRAPHY AND CRITIZE THE MAKE BELIEVE RAIL GUN. HOW MANY PEOPLE IN AMERICA WHO SAW THIS MOVIE HAVE BEEN TO FRICKING EGYPT OR JORDAN… A FEW LOW PERCENTAGE!

9. Sam briefly dies and goes to Robot Heaven. Robot Heaven?!?!

HE GOT ZAPPED BY THE ALLSPARK… HE’S GOT THAT ENERGY INSIDE HIM…. SO GO WITH IT YOU DOUCHE BAG! HOW MANY MOVIE HAVE YOU SEEN WHERE YOU THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS DEAD BUT THEN THEY ‘WAKE UP”

LET IT GO AND ENJOY THE SHOW! What a fucker!

10. Where does Sam's bandage come from? What about his extra sock? Why does Sam's roommate not contribute anything at all? What was the Fallen doing for those thousands of years Megatron was frozen in ice? How does one satellite receive transmissions from everywhere on the planet? Why does Wheelie hump Mikaela's leg? Why do we have to see John Turturro's thong? Why are robots who join together to become Devastator also seen fighting the Army at the same time? Why does the government want only our military fighting Decepticons when our weapons seem unable to make so much as a dent on any of them? Why did the ancient Egyptians build a pyramid around the sun-destroying machines instead of just breaking it? Why is the Matrix of Leadership bigger in the Fallen's hand than in Sam's? And how do Mikaela's pants stay so clean?

I’LL HAVE TO CHECK ON THE BANDAGE THING
    WHAT DO MEAN NOT “CONTRIBUTE” WHO IS THIS ASS? COMIC RELIEF MAYBE. I THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT... AND FUNNY. HE JUST ENDED UP BEING INVOLVED. 2 DAYS OF COLLEGE AND BAM!
    THE FALLEN WAS TRAPPED FOR 1000’S OF YEARS AND WAS UNWILLING TO EXPOSE HIMSELF UNTIL PRIME WAS DEAD…. ONCE HE WAS STRONG ENOUGH. READ A FUCKING PREQUEL COMIC.
    THE FALLEN DIDN’T KNOW WHERE MEGATRON CRASH LANDED, NOR DID ANYONE UNTIL THEY GOT THE GLASSES. THEY WERE LOOKING ON EARTH FOR A WHILE.
    SOUNDWAVE HAD CONTROL OVER MANY SATELLITES OVER THE ENTIRE PLANET. THAT’S WHAT HE DOES. HE WAS RUNNING THE WHOLE SHOW FROM ABOVE.
    WHEELIE HUMPING THE LEG WAS KIND OF BAYISH… STILL MEGAN FOX AND SHIA PLAYED IT WELL.
    THE THONG… FUNNY… HOMAGE TO THE LAST MOVIE IF YOU RECAL WITH THE BOXERS AND TANK TOP
    MANY ROBOTS ON CYBERTRON LOOK THE SAME… FOR EXAMPLE… BLACKOUT (MH3 HELI IN TF1) AND GRINDOR (MH3 HEIL IN TF2)…. DIFFERENT NAMES DIFFERENT TRANSFORMERS, SAME ROBOT MODE ON EARTH. THEY CAN MAP TO BE WHATEVER THEY WANT. IT WAS ALSO SAID THE SOUNDWAVE GIVES MANY OF THE DECPETICONS THEIR EARTH ALT MODE IDENTITY ON THEIR WAY DOWN TO THE PLANET… SO THEY GIVE THEM THE MOST VEROCIUS VEHICLES, ETC. THERE WERE MULTIPLE MIXMASTERS, LONGHAWLS, BONCRUSHERS, ETC ETC ETC. SOME KEPT THEIR PROTOFORM.
    NEST IS MADE UP OF MULTIPLE COUNTRY'S AND AUTOBOTS FIGHTING TOGETHER SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU SAY “ONLY WANTS OUR GOVERNMENT FIGHTING THEM?”
    RIGHT A BUNCH OF STONE AGE FUCKERS DESTORYING SOME CYBERTRONIAN METAL. MAYBE THEY DID TRY AND THEY COULDN’T. YOU TELL ME HOW THEY COULD HAVE DESTROYED IT BACK IN THOSE DAYS.
    PANTS LOOKED DIRTY TO ME.
    THIS GUYS IS A COMPLETE ASS!!!!

2. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

You're not making a convincing case. How old are you?

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I thought this was going to be a clever poll like "which of Yahoo's Top 10 confusing things about ROTF would you agree with the most"?

But instead it's just another thread of whinning from someone who cannot accept any legitimate complaints/criticism about the movie.

... sigh.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

This, really dude...Calm down, grow up, and get some perspective on life. I'm really tired of people blowing upover every little criticism cause they're butthurt that someone disses or dares to question this movie.

oh, and Pretenders (and all those other sub-classes) are G1 not G2.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    2 things.

1.) There's already a thread on this.

2.) That thread is actually more civilized then this.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This topic does not need another thread, especially one just looking to start up trouble by calling the guy names which should be discouraged here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.