The 09-10 NHL thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I didn't make it "official" but if someone wants to make it that, I'm cool. Anyway, figure with the release of the regular schedule today, it's deserving. Probably should have been done once free agency opened.

Anyway, today I am the proud owner of section 318, row 9, seat 13 at the Blackhawks games. Dropped way to much but it's worth it. Buddy got a ticket a section over as well so we'll be hitting games together and hopefully playing musical chairs.

This season is going to be great. Disappointing Havlat is gone but the replacements and extensions are awesome. Also, looks like Crawford will be backing up Huet. I like Crawford and hope Huet picks up his game from last year. I think knowing he is the guy and will be consistently playing will help a lot.

Also will be hitting a Hawks road game in the old hometown of Buffalo. My friends are already lynching me because I swore I would wear my Hawks jersey instead of one of my many Sabres ones.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Go Sharks.

*SIGH*

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had NHL Center Ice on cable for the past 8 years and I don't know if I will subscribe to it again this coming season. I subscribed to Center Ice to watch the FL Panthers. Where I live, we only get the Lightning on a local cable channel. You have to live in Orlando to Key West to get the Panthers on a local cable channel.

The reason why I might not subscribe to Center Ice is because Florida made no big moves in free agency. I like when they signed Clemmensen and that is it. Some are saying they won't make the playoffs again.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Flyers added Ray Emery and Pronger. I plan to get some season tickets this year.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I know everyone hates the guy but I always liked Pronger.

I still don't believe Chicago got Hossa, for 12 years. I just hope he delivers like they expect. I am disappointed havlat is gone. After his injury ridden existence in Chicago, he finally made it through last year and had a solid season.

Then there is always my boy Soupy

6. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    You guys are effed. Hossa is a curse.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    My father in law is from St Lous, so we would always talk Flyers/Blues hockey. Heck, I even got a chance to check out a few games in St Louis. Hope that Pronger can stay forever young, the Flyers signed him to a seven year deal.

8. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I don't know what to expect from the Canadiens this year. It's like getting a totally new team, there's nearly no players we can relate to from the last few years. I don't really know the new players they signed (I don't really follow the other teams), but with their salary, they better deliver!

That'll be an odd final for the 100th anniversary for sure.