Thats the way the movie should have ended!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WheelJacksWrkShp, Jul 12, 2007.

1. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I have seen the movie twice and the only thing that I did not like about it is how it ended. Prime never got a hit in. What kind of crap is that. He was still selfless and self sacrificing for the greater cause but what happened to the hero aspect. No bravery, just some running and trying to get up and the fixation of dying with the all spark. I understand the attempt at making the boy the hero of the movie to appeal to the greater viewer audience but for him to be made a hero by disobeying Primes request (not that his living is a bad thing) and complete disregard for the many possible outcomes of giving Megs the allspark. There's no way he knew what would happen. Even Prime didn't know, he just assumed that thats what would happen. I think that if the movie had ended like it does on the Autobot side of the xbox 360 console it would have made for a much more climatic finish. Even if that was the only punch Prime got in. After seeing the movie I talked about it to others that had seen it and how I would rather the movie end a different and then just last night I beat the autobot side of the game and low and behold...the ending the movie truly deserves. Anyway thats the end of my rant. What do you think am I wrong?

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny, I just beat the 360 game last night and I was going to post about that somewhere on the threads to. I completely agree that the games ending SHOULD have been the way the movie ended. That makes the game completely worth it, since that was my biggest gripe with the movie.

3. xviolent_philx

xviolent_philx Batman

i think ur right. but prime did get good hits on megs. the camera was just focusing on something else. off in the distance, u can see prime beating on megs, lol..but i'm serious. if u feel like it, just watch it again. u can see him get a couple of good hits.

but i think the game ending was far better. jazz got to beat on starscream and killed blackout, and ironhide killed brawl. and best of all, prime killed megatron.

4. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    yeah, and it makes sense that after Jazz pounds on Starscream and Blackout that he would be pretty weak and Brawl would have finished him off. Ironhide taking out Brawl was also an excellent part of the game.

5. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    well.. Prime did own Bonecrusher. lol.

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. The movie should have ended like the game, with Megatron smashing Prime's head in with his mace, and Sam weeping over the fallen hero as Megatron merges himself with the allspark, bringing ruin and destruction to the world before snuffing out its pitiful existence and moving on to the next conquerable planet.

.... what?

7. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    No, that should be an alternate DVD ending!

8. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Yeah he definitely gets in a hit or two, but the camera is focusing on Blackout sneaking up on the two fighting, so you may not notice it.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, Megs tossed Prime around like a ragdoll. I wasn't too thrilled. So much for equally matched.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only time Ive seen Prime get up on Megs was in the 86 movie and then Hot Rod messed that up. All other times, Megs has been the one to almost win the fight but then the other Autobots come in and he retreats. Optimus did hold his own but cmon, Megs is bigger and stronger.

11. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

No way Prime was always stronger and more powerful then Megs. Matrix remember. There are plenty of times Prime kicked the crap out of Megs in the cartoon. The only time Megs beat up Prime was when he cheated. Took all the decepticon powers or had super energon or something.

They decided to switch that for the new movie. Prime really got his butt kicked. Megs was way more powerful. This was NOT G1 inspired.

12. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Completely untrue. Prime almost always has the upper hand on Megatron, unless Megatron cheats as TILALLR1 said. I've been watching the cartoon from the beginning recently, and except for MTMTE, Prime whups Megatron 1 on 1 nearly everytime, except when there is some sort of plot device that Megatron uses to his advantage, like in Heavy Metal War.

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Yup, they changed the level of strength in between Prime and Megs. Prime really should have put up a fight much better. They probably wanted to show Megs as an intergalactic threat on his own.

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Really though, if prime could stop Megs without intervention, then the whole "war that has devastated Cybertron" thing would never have happened after a solid Op-beats-down-megs trouncing.

Plus, Megs openly mocks Optimus in the battle for his unwillingness to cut loose because of all the people around. You have a big disadvantage if you feel the need to put yourself IN FRONT of cannonfire instead of dodging it in a fight.

15. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

that would rock!

quick robin to youtube site!

-OMG, here we go again!

16. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really did like the movie game ending for the Autobots.

But that kind of an ending would've made Megs dead-dead, and not seemingly-dead.

I also agree that they should've had Prime get more hits in on Megs, but I kinda told myself that if Prime had gone all out, he'd be doing a lotta harm to the puny fleshlings in the area.

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The plucky young hero unleashes the power of the Deus Ex Machina on the big, unbeatable baddie...

Hey, every Transformers movie ends that way!

Why change now?

18. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I agree with Optimus holding back, BUT the same could be said that if Megs was so powerfull then Prime would never have been able to fight him on Cybertron and not be destroyed for so many years.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

True, and you might be right. But what I'd like to know is what was Little Miss Bonecrushers excuse? I was expecting a cool fight, and he went down in thirty seconds. He must have been a new recruit to the Decepticons. Or maybe he was just a redshirt. LOL!

20. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe spending almost the enitre movie in a parking lot made him less than battle-ready...

...or maybe he just hates living, too. :)