That's no moon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

So from what we sort of know is that the plot in the third movie ties in with NASA and the whole space-race in the sixties, and one of the elements of the movie deals with the dark side of the moon. So while thinking about what possible macguffins are involved with the plot of TF3, this idea just came to mind:

What if the moon was actually Unicron?

I remember during the last part of the Armada series, Unicron was revealed to be one of Cybertron's moons in disguise, and if Unicron is included in the movie I think this would be an awesome way to introduce him.

So Here's a plot I came up with revolving (Pun intended :lol ) around this thought. The soviet union launched their probe in 1959, and managed to land on the far side of the moon (Which is what it is actually called because the moon is tidally locked in orbit around the Earth) where it discovered that part of the moon's surface was broken off and it revealed metallic plating/machinery. The U.S. government got a hold of this information and thus the space race began which lead up to the moon landing in 1969.

Unicron is just in stasis at the time, orbiting around the Earth for the past couple billion years. Maybe Unicron isn't an actual deity as he is in past continuities, but just this incredibly massive Decepticon robot super-weapon, like the Death Star.

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    every time i keep hearing this fan theory about the Moon being Unicron this is what i say:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if they really want to use the moon as weapon they need to make it like they did in the "Beast Wars" Season 1 Finale/Season 2 Opening

3. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Except... the moon already has been Unicron.

Twice, actually.

Image:BWNeo Unicron.JPG - Transformers Wiki
    Image:Alliance-Unicronmoon.jpg - Transformers Wiki

And, ironically enough, when that moon weapon debuted in BW, Unicron's visage accompanied it:

Image:VokUnicronHead.jpg - Transformers Wiki

I highly suspect that the threat of Unicron will be the driving force of the movie - we'll see horns erupt from the ground, but he'll be shut down before he gets a chance to fully awaken and Transform.

4. Tyrannosaur

Okay, seriously, were the giant kagillion pixels X kagillion pixels pics necessary? :lol 

I'm just speculating here, don't care whether or not if it actually happens. But it is an interesting concept to thrown in. I think it's an awesome idea and certainly not a fail.

I already knew about his appearance in Armada but not the other two. Thanks for the info :) 
    Well, Ehren Krueger knows his stuff about Transformers according to Orci and Kurtzman, so it doesn't surprise me that he would borrow concepts from previous shows.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just not crazy about the idea of Earth's moon somehow being Unicron and he's taking some sort of big nap until something in the movie wakes him up.

Now if it was something kind of like in Beast Wars that might actually be pretty cool. Plus big geek points to the writer for dipping into Beast Wars for ideas.

6. Tyrannosaur

I haven't watched much of Beast Wars/Beast machines since I was a kid, I'll look more into it. Sounds like a good idea from what I've read.

7. RebelMan

News Credits:
  8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What they did was pretty cool but kind of don't want to spoil it for you if you plan on watching Beast Wars at some point. I'll just say that the moon changes your perception of the show and the characters perception of things in a big way.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe Saturn is Unicorn since it has the Halo. They could Reach for it.

10. RebelMan

News Credits:
    this:
    Planet Buster - Transformers Wiki

or like others have suggested have there be Space Bridge Tech, The Ark, or Megatron's Base/Shockwave's Base on the darkside of the moon

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I have a problem with it from a pure science perspective. If the moon were Unicron, then obviously he wouldn't stay stationary for the movie and would likely be destroyed in the ending. That would be highly irritating as without a moon, there would be nothing to balance the Earth on its axis. We'd be saying goodbye to life on earth. Polar ice caps melting, seasons disappearing, migratory patterns of animals being disrupted and resulting in their extinction, long periods of darkness and long periods of light for random sides of the planet destroying all plant life on whatever side is dark, etc.

The moon isn't just some decoration hanging up in the sky, we owe life as we know it to it.

12. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
  13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i always wanted unicron for the last tf film so i think so

14. Tyrannosaur

Oh fuck I completely forgot about that :lolol  and I call myself an astronomy geek.

Unless they just somehow permanently deactivate Unicron, and just leave his lifeless transformed corpse orbiting Earth. Hey, that's a pretty good conflict in the movie. How do we stop the most ultimate evil thing in the universe without destroying the Earth in the process. I like it :D 

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's no moon...THATS YOUR MAMA!!!!

16. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What if the moon was a Decepticon war-base named Unicron? And plz, no TF 4-6, that sounds like a horrid idea.

17. RebelMan

News Credits:
    :crazy:  that's Bay thinking right there, which is dangerous

it will happen, just like they are currently doing with POTC. can't dead stop in making easy money now can they.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    As if Michael Bay would give a shit about any of that.

19. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a better idea. How about the Soviet Union does launch Spunik, but instead of it detecting metallic machinery, it disappears all together. Fast forward 200 years and Russia is desperate to know the faith of Sputnik. Autobots launch space shuttle and get destroyed by Unicron.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I would hope the writers would catch it before it even made its way to Bay.