Thats it! Im getting a PS3 sometime this week!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Sep 17, 2007.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Where the hell did I say any of that? Seriously.
    It's easy to stick with a system past its normal five years when it's the dominant console of its generation. The 2600 still had a tiny trickle of support after the NES was out, Nintendo kept supporting the NES years after the SNES was around, and supported the SNES after most people stopped caring. There is still some support for the GBA now, just like there was support for GB Color well into the life of the GBA. All of those systems share one thing in common with the PS1 and PS2. We haven't seen how Sony behaves when their past console isn't the clear dominator of its generation. Odds are they bail, just like everyone else.
    Some of Sony's bullshit is extreme enough that nobody believes it except maybe Kutaragi himself. That's why there's the backlash against them now, and probably part of why Kutaragi was removed from his position. It got Sony a lot of negative PR in the core gaming market because everyone knew the claims were absurd before we even saw what the PS3 could actually do. With Kutaragi out of the way, maybe that will not be an issue in the future, as I think the problem was him more than Sony itself.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, I was just trying to break the tension hehehe, why you got to delete a Bra's post. This topic is old, and people will always side with who they side with. The fact of it is that I don't care what goes on behind the doors of Sony, Nintendo, or MS. What I care about is what goes on in my living room. So instead of arguing I'm going to go play my new Xbox360, and harrass Smasher with Questions on Live

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

And I'm gonna go online and punch you in the face! BYAAAAAAAAAAH!

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It was in Europe, which is all that really counts :3

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saweeeet. I'll sick Emperor Oprah on you're ass!!

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Oprah is the future. Believe.

I tend to agree. Kutagari made such bold claims about the graphics and overall "experience" of the system that there was no way the launch could have lived up to the hype. When you consistently say that your competition is not truly a next generation system you had better not launch with a library that is mostly ports of your competition's games.

In spite of that, though, the Playstation 3 is hitting its stride. You can't deny that.

Questions are 100 MS points each. :lol 

Emperor Oprah is awesome!

I try not to question the mods, but what is up with all the deletes?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, all I told Flame was that I loved him despite or differences in opinions. The mods just want to promote hate... They work for Oprah hehehe. So Smasher and TT, when is happy day on MS marketplace (ie. the day that they put up new demos and stuff). Today is happy day on PSN, so I am downloading the new Ratchet and Devil May cry trailers, and the Sega Rally Demo. I am crossing my fingers for a Mass Effect demo, though I know that's not going to happen until release

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    New games for XBLA are always on Wednesday. New videos and demos are mostly on Wednesday, too, but they can come out on other days.

I wish I was not so busy at work today so I could do another Oprah picture.
    What is up with all this work!?!? I am trying to internet!

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I snuck this new one in this morning. It was pretty busy this morning, but I saw this pose with her fingers on this morning's feed, and I could not help myself.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

And I never have, despite attempts by some people to read waaaaaay too much into the things I do say.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All these frigging Oprah pics are frightening me...

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, just that you get WAAAAAAAYYYY too defensive, bra. Nintendo, Sony and MS don't care that we're arguing about their scheming little money-making company.

Smasher, brilliant new Oprah. I think I'm sticking to My emperor Oprah for a while.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Still need a PS3 as well. Not too many great games for It yet, but enough to keep me playing until more good ones arrive. Will also have fun messing with all the menus and need to try that 'Home' beta out.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I thought Home was supposed to be done in Oct. I feel like I heard it's been delayed though. And the game library is getting a nice boost in the 4th quarter.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Home's official release has been pushed back to next year, but it will have another public beta before the year is over. At least the reason they are pushing back is a good one... fixing and adjusting things based on gamer suggestions from the first beta.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well, now I have the PS3 and 360 hooked up to a component box and man do they look sweet.