Thats it! Im getting a PS3 sometime this week!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sony might take my money, but I HATE wires in my apartment and now that I spent 432 bucks on my Halo 360, I still need to spend 100 more to buy a wireless modem for it, because I don't I'll have a huge black wire going from my 360 to my router. My 360 now cost me 540 bucks. Oh and I can only buy an MS router so who is killing babies :) 

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then if you have played both, please explain how Dirt is superior with the argument that speed is not present in Motorstorm. I have the demo to Dirt and one of the first things I notice (though honestly comparing each game is like oranges and apples) was that Dirt felt slow. Sometimes Motorstorm gets so fast that you don't have any control of what you are doing so you have to take it down a notch. I was always in control on dirt because it was slow. Even then, I'm not bashing the game. Dirt is a must own for me, but for a very different reason than MS. MS is roudy and fast and furious, Dirt is more controlled and realistic.

Dirt is a very clean game... Rally is far from being clean, and Motorstorm, with its insane particle effects conveys the mess that comes from Rally racing. Motorstorm is fiction while Dirt is more like a simulator, which is why I say comparing them is moot. But nevertheless, playing the game once and finding glitches on what might have been a faulty system or faulty game copy is different from spending hours with it.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah but it's a Sony game WC so it sucks by default.

4. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I'll talk more about the games when i get back from school in the early evening (just so you don't think i'm not answering your question)

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if the 5 movie offer is at every retailer or just certain ones?

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glad to see the PS3 hate is calming down a bit, for a while whenever PS3 came up it was just a shit storm. I'm still rooting for the system personally. Don't have one yet but I'm hoping to within the next few months.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You can only buy the MS Adapter, but you can use any wireless bridge and plug it into the RJ-45.

Congrats on the PS3 -make sure to get 300 and Ghost Rider on Blu-ray (it would be nice if they were part of the fre choices).

8. megacron

megacron THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo64 Owns.=D

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zelda: Ocarina still ranks as my all time favorite game.

And don't worry Maximus Prime, I get you. I don't take it bad that you didn't answer. In fact, I don't like the religeous battles that take place on other boards between sony MS fanatics. The only reason I reacted is because I like to base my opinion on a legitament trial of what I am bashing, and this wasn't honestly towards you in the least (and if I offended you, I do apologize), it was more to the "Sony has no games, PS3 sux because there is nothing to play" when it's a common attack that people even still use on the PSP, when I have been draining my wallet buying original games for the handheld.

October will have two original games for PS3 (in addition to all the 3rd party crap)that will not equal the grandure of Halo but will be (definitely in the case of Folklore) something new. November has Uncharted (another combination of some other IPs that make for something hopefully new). So for a lot of people who are saying Resistance = crappy FPS, well then what about the fact that Microsoft's top First-parties are all first person shooters? So to me, who just bought the system, I am looking at my choices and thinking that I don't have anything to buy until November.

I'm still glad I got the Xbox360 early, and I might get Blue Dragon to hold me over until Nov, but I'm not flooded with the choices of AAA titles I thought I would have either.

The only part I didn't get was the speed factor of Motorstorm. Motorstorm is insanely fast, almost to the point where you need tolearn restraint when playing or you'll fly off a cliff or run into a wall. But I will be buying Dirt on PS3 because it's slightly better in the framerate department.

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not quite sure why there's any comparison between motorstorm(ps3 only) and dirt(on both systems), that's comparing apples to oranges, or sonic to mario. And yes, there's definitely a sense of speed in motorstorm. I just didn't buy motorstorm because I didn't think it was all that great(gamefly ftw).

Lair was a good attempt at something new, just poor execution. But I've had plenty of fun playing ninja gaiden sigma, warhawk, marvel: UA, tony hawk, and a whole host of other games on my PS3. Then there's also the games coming out over the next few months, mgs4, ratchet and clank, assassins creed, tony hawk, and folklore. I'm pretty sure that most of those games will be decent. And even if only 3 out of those 5 games are great, that's still more than enough to play over the course of 2 months, not including any games I might rent.

Yes, after the first month I got my ps3, it sat collecting dust as a bd player got 6 months, but now that there's some games out, and more coming, I do find myself playing it more than my 360. And that has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's more along the lines of the games I want to play are coming out for the ps3, and I don't see any interesting xbox 360 exclusives(aside from beautiful katamari) since I never really liked Halo.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Prisoner, if Lair is still sitting on your shelf collecting dust, give it another go. I swear to you that I don't say this as a fanboy, and may some deity strike me down if I am on some crusade to promote a game, but I not only like Lair a lot, but I swear that I would not play it with a joystick. It has become so intuitive with me, that I love controlling it, and slamming the controller (almost like reigns) to make the dragon "Mush" and speed forward, and snapping back to make it reverse. It's something that has to be learned, and I can honestly say that when it is learned it's another experience and very very good one. Take Yoda's advice and unlearn what you have learn, you might be glad you did. Somewhere on this board there is an early review I did for Lair, and you can see how much my opinion of that game has changed. I hated it.

12. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope, I gave it about a half hour and tossed it back in the mailbox. I was never into a game that I could find totally sucked the first go around but "you gotta give it another shot" somehow makes it better. I actually didn't have a problem with the controls(like that video explaining how to play, I wasn't spazzing out in my chair like I had a siezure and wondering why the dragon wasn't turning properly). Rather, I didn't like the fact that it felt like I was controlling a hang glider with a flamethrower attached trying to shoot down squadrons of f-15's.

So my problem wasn't with the controls(I thought it controlled quite well, and was confused as to how people couldn't control it till I saw that video with the guy spazzing out with the controller like an idiot), I just didn't like the gameplay.

13. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I played Resistance and was really not impressed with it. It was too easy, both the campaign and online. The lack of ground textures really annoyed me, also, but all games have their problems.

And as a frame of reference, I really don't think Halo 1, 2, or 3 deserve the hype/fanboyism they've accumulated, at all. They're good games, sure, but hardly the greatest ever. I also think Gears of War is quite annoying to play. Torque Bow for the annoying lose.

I stand by my opinion that the best FPS of all time = HalfLife.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Were you playing in HD? I noticed a huge difference after I got my HD set. The campaign was easy but I liked the story. And I have spent HOURS online playing CTF.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Resistance is boring solo, aces online.

Motorstorm is aces apart from the loading times.

Buy an iPod!

Wtf is with people coming in to these threads to rain on other peoples parades? It's so fucking ******ed.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't disagree about your opinion of Halflife.. Talk about an FPS that did more than just have you shoot at people... Gotta love that crowbar though.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    This is not a disagreement only my opinion there were some big moments in the Single Player for me. The first time I saw one of those giant ass chimera I pooped my pants. But I see what you mean when it is compared to the fun I have had online...Provided you can find a game that is NOT one hit kills.

18. megacron

megacron THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i loved smash bros.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I think I talked about this when it first hit, but I found the lack of rumble took away a lot of the solidity of the weapons that stuff of its ilk on the 360 gives you. The single player campaign... I dunno, I'm not done with it, but it is kinda by the numbers and pretty droll throughout, in my opinion, but it is certainly one of the best online games this generation. Lots, and lots of fun.

PS3 is great, please don't piss on it.

Oh, Calling all Cars is awesome too! Shame nobody has it, I'd like to play with you guys sometime, I had a great time with Smang playing it :) 

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me know when you're playing Calling all Cars TT. I'd be up for a game. Fun as hell, simple yet addicting gameplay.

And as soon as I get Live Gold going, I want to play Streets of Rage two with someone.