Thats it! Im getting a PS3 sometime this week!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Sep 17, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    5 free blue ray movies and my own standard rule that a system needs at least 3 good games before I get it: Resistance, Lair and Heavenly Sword.

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

And what are the three good games? :dunce 

3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Heavenly Sword is so short, why buy it? Resistance...FPS = sucks. Dunno about Lair.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

im waiting till metal gear.........

as evident from my sig and avatar, im just in a metal gear mood lately lol :) 

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ah! Very nice! Im sure you'll enjoy your PS3.

That said, I would rent Heavenly Sword. Its seriously like only 5 hours long. That said, the game is really beautiful. Also about Lair; I love it, but other people strongly disagree. So make sure you play the tutorials and learn how the fly the dragon.

Also, if you plan on getting a lot of BluRay movies in the future I would recommend picking up the PS3 Bluray remote. So much better than using the controller.

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Yeah I'm gonna have to call you out on that one. The only play for Resistance is better than anything I have played on the 360. And it actually has a campaign that takes more than 5 mins.

Whats that...you don't have to pay to play online, and you don't have to purchase the expanded boards online either? What a novel idea Sony! You pay for a game, and you get the whole experience for your $60...no hidden costs. Amazing!!!

Yes I have a 360 and enjoy it, but PS3 is a superior system. Don't let the fact that it has been on the market for half the time fool you. PS3 launch titles were way beyond 360 launch titles. The 360 has been out a year longer and the quality of games will be passed by PS3 very soon. In my opinion they are currently about even.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Buy a PS3, but don't buy it because of heavenly sword(lair sucks too btw). The problem with heavenly sword is how damn short it is. My copy showed up saturday from Gamefly, played for about 4-5 hours, turned it back on sunday afternoon and I'm at the end of the game in an hour.

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Ah, beat me to it. Zing!

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    He beat me to it with that line, too.

I'll be honest and just say this: Good luck finding PS3 games that are actually good.

10. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

the fact no one's mentioned motorstorm yet is upsetting to the gods.

11. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Motorstorm, Resistance, Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword.

Congrats on the ps3, its a great system with good games.

12. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Still honestly there really isn't anything that is yet worth getting on the PS3 yet in my opinion. Many of the games, such as Lair, have quit a few bugs in them and should have stayed in development for a few more months (I have seen a lot of videos and the control issues and in-game glitches are apparant).

I'd say wait till at least 08, since even Sony has admitted that is when there must get games are coming out.

But if you are going to get one I would say make sure it's one with the hardware emulator still in it so if you like playing older PS games you want have as many problems.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How do I find that out? Because Im sure if I ask a kid at the store, he'll probably not understand. Does it say on the box or is it with the 60Gb systems?

14. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think all 60gb and 20 gb systems had the hardware emulation and the 80gb has the software emulation.

On a side note, people keep bringing this up but has anyone experienced an issue where they wanted to play a ps2 game on the 80gb but couldn't?

15. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:

Motorstorm, yeah a really glitchy racer that has no sense of speed whatsoever

Resistance, if you like FPS's then you will like this

Warhawk, it is cool, except it is Multiplayer ONLY so you either can download it for $40 or buy it in the store for $60 and get a free bluetooth headset. It is almost worth it for the headset alone.

Lair, I was excited for this game but the fact that you HAVE to fly the dragons using the piss poor motion control instead of having an option to go to the analog sticks is a ridiculous move by Sony. Also Sony felt they had to send out the "Reviewer's Guide to Lair" because they felt Reviewers were not reviewing Lair Correctly :rolleyes2 

Heavenly Sword, Yes this game looks good as well, but as long as you know going into it you could beat it in 5 hours and it has little to none replay value.

So yeah the PS3 will eventually have some games on it (Drake's Fortune, Pain (PSN), MGS4, etc) but for now I really would hold off on buying one because they will drop the price on the system as well, which will be less money for you to spend on the PS3.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Seriously, the Microsoft fanboy reaction of "ZOMG it has no GAMES" is getting tired and running out of steam. I have yet to hear a valid reason why Resistance ISN"T a good game from someone who has played it and enjoys FPS. PS3 got off to a slow start, but I can honestly say it is going to get harder in the next few months to decide what games I can afford to get right away, Drake's Fortune, Haze, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank not to mention all the multiplatform games like Valve's big orange box. By next year we get Little Big Planet, MGS4 and god know's what else.

And $150 worth of BD movies is awesome. They really look amazing and in 18 months when Parmounts exclusivity expires we may get a really awesome BD for Transformers.

17. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

next year is shaping up rather nicely for my giant console.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how when someone (me included) states that we're going to buy a 360 everyone cheers and congratulates, but when someone mentioned buying a PS3, people that normally don't frequent the gaming section come in and start criticizing(and I was called a fanboy). When I took psychology, this was an example of an inferiority complex. Especially with remarks like that. It's like they have to yell back because PS2 slaughtered Xbox so badly last gen that now that the 360 is doing so well, they have to take every opportunity to slash back. Would you have agreed with your comment on the good games two years ago when the 360 was only a year old and had nothing but oblivion to show for it? That's why I traded mine in (I was in line for mine on the first day)

So even if we exclude the First Party titles which people who don't own the system shouldn't comment on, are you saying that games like Dirt are only good on the 360, but not the PS3, or how about Oblvion? GRAW?

There must be some real shitty game on my poor PS3, since I have a hard time finding a server to play ranked on Warhawk and Resistance. Those poor saps must be fooling themselves into thinking that they are enjoying themselves.

Again, from someone who hasn't played these games... I've owned Motorstorm since its release and I have yet to experience a Glitch. And since when is an 8.0 from a bias site like IGN a bad score.

As for Lair, it has the virtue of doing something that most companies seldom do.... try something new... I bought my Xbox yesterday and I looked through the demo.. 80% of the games on their were "me too" FPS... thank God for Mass Effect and Blue Dragon, or I might be saying the same thing about my new purchace... except I actually bought the system, I'm not just quoting IGN or it's forums.

19. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    actually I have played Motorstorm and it has glitched on me several times, but that is n't my main concern it is basically the lack of sense of speed. Yeah it has real time changes in the course but other than that it is a bogged down racer. DiRT is superior to Motorstorm tenfold and it is available on the 360.

Please don't assume I haven't played the games mentioned I never criticize a game unless I played it a lot first, thank you

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I saw this quote in another thread, and while I am not sure if it was a joke, it represents, what I think some people REALLY believe.